Q70 Select Bus Service – “LaGuardia Link”

Around the Horn

MARKETING PLAN UPDATE FROM THE MTA WEBSITE:

(If the mods want to, they can start a new thread with this)

http://www.mta.info/news-q70-laguardia-link-bus/2016/06/29/plans-follow-last-week%E2%80%99s-announcement-rebranding-q70-airport

This page also includes a better rendering...

laguadia_link_bus.jpg?itok=eF40DIYI

(Run this thing frequently(at least every ten minutes) 24/7 and the MTA has a goldmine on their hands)

Is there any possibility Q70 route buses may not use a route destination display? Being it could just be called the LGA link? Or would it just make sense for interoperability so they could assign the bus to another route for whatever reason?

is very preety...how the MTA has grown to become a powerhouse transit company from a poorly admintrative entity

now its buses have wifh and sockets to charge cell phones

and its repainting is simply priceless

• 4 weeks later...

Really??? Whats stupid about a "rendering" where no one actually gives a shit about a bus number??

I needs to continue to be designated the Q70 just like all other Select services. Dropping the number will only confuse people more.

With all the newer buses being painted in the fleet, it wouldn't be wise to start telling people to look for the dark blue and gold bus, or look for the sky blue bus, or look for the bus thats dark blue and light blue. Q70 LaGuardia Link + Terminal is better. We don't need to start dropping designations, which will confuse people more. Especially old school New Yorkers.

Once people get uses to ALL the new colors, including the Dark Green/Light green scheme for the Express buses, them we can start saying that. But 80% of regular New York bus riders have no idea that new colors are coming. The people getting on Q10, 110, 111, 113, and 114 routes don't even know what the blue lights are on the ceiling, or that the buses have WiFi.

Whoa whoa whoa. Light green/dark green for express buses? Has this livery been shown yet? Id love to see it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Is there any possibility Q70 route buses may not use a route destination display? Being it could just be called the LGA link? Or would it just make sense for interoperability so they could assign the bus to another route for whatever reason?

I would designate both M60 and Q70 as LaGuardia Links (L60 and L70).  The eventual Bronx route can be L50.

I would designate both M60 and Q70 as LaGuardia Links (L60 and L70). The eventual Bronx route can be L50.

I could go for the LGA Link name being added to the M60. Renaming the routes would be confusing to passengers. Plus a Bronx to LGA route - is that still the Bx41 SBS?

I could go for the LGA Link name being added to the M60. Renaming the routes would be confusing to passengers. Plus a Bronx to LGA route - is that still the Bx41 SBS?

I think so.

That's why I would leave the number part alone and change only the letter. Besides, "L" might actually clarify things by emphasizing LaGuardia.

All that would result in is more confusion at the airport because since they are all labeled L, people wouldn't be able to figure out if the bus goes to Queens Manhattan, or the Bronx (Considering the BX41 does get extended) at the Airport the M60 makes it clear that the bus goes to Manhattan over the other buses. 

All that would result in is more confusion at the airport because since they are all labeled L, people wouldn't be able to figure out if the bus goes to Queens Manhattan, or the Bronx (Considering the BX41 does get extended) at the Airport the M60 makes it clear that the bus goes to Manhattan over the other buses. 

You know, there's a number next to the borough designation for a reason. Even crazier, the destinations are on bus displays too!

There are two sides to this coin; if I'm standing on 125th St and don't know crap, how am I supposed to know that the M60 is the one that goes to LaGuardia, or that it goes to Queens.

You know, there's a number next to the borough designation for a reason. Even crazier, the destinations are on bus displays too!

There are two sides to this coin; if I'm standing on 125th St and don't know crap, how am I supposed to know that the M60 is the one that goes to LaGuardia, or that it goes to Queens.

Although true all buses to LGA a pretty clearly marked with an Airplane logo.

Anyway I still feel it's more important for Passengers at the airport to know over the passengers outside the airport. When you come to the city you take the Bus from the Airport not to the Airport. 

Archived