ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

12 hours ago, Gullys said:

If anyone in school car especially started 6-19-22 

that not in TA-32 class

I got signal exam  files etc a lot of advantages files to study on 

shoot me a private message 

I was trying to send you a private message, but I don't have enough time on this website yet.  Do you mind emailing them to slucrez54@gmail.com?

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/24/2022 at 6:55 PM, Sgomez31 said:

I’m still in school car and today was my last day with Tss Greene. He’s a great instructor! My advice is make sure you get into those books and bring your A game everyday. 

I also had Tss Greene. He's great.  

On 6/21/2022 at 4:00 PM, d4rkst4r said:

This zoom session has been so poorly organized.  It's been extremely frustrating.  I really hope the actual job isn't such a mess.

oooh you're in for a treat, especially if you work the (Q) :lol:

6 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

oooh you're in for a treat, especially if you work the (Q) :lol:

I'm A division, but I can't imagine it's any better.  I've had jobs in the private sector that were organized worse than this so it is what it is.  That shit never truly goes away, you just have to make the best of it.

23 hours ago, Gullys said:

that not in TA-32 class

🤦🏽‍♂️ See this is stuff I wouldn’t post on here lol in detail be careful 

Just now, Imhim said:

🤦🏽‍♂️ See this is stuff I wouldn’t post on here lol in detail be careful 

Yeah TSSs read this forum btw peeps just an FYI and if a school car TSS, superintendent or the director gets a wind of this being spread around they're going to change the whole exam completely. It happened before someone was passing around stuff and a TSS caught wind and the whole exam was changed.  Let's just say that people failed because they thought they were good with the stuff being passed around. Just food for thought

On 6/24/2022 at 2:30 PM, Mikepro6 said:

No I meant TSS , he said they’re having new TSS classes because they need them for school car and the issue might be not enough available to have more T/O classes

About 3 months or so. It's short because you already know large parts of the job as a T/O.

On 6/17/2022 at 12:43 PM, beanz said:

Don't underestimate that Apple...i could do 1 to far rock and 1 to lefferts no problem but 2 to far rock 4 out of 5 days a week is no joke, especially when most of what u will operate is r46s. That master controller takes a serious toll on your right shoulder if your posture isn't right and those seats are so old that they are very difficult to adjust for the right posture. I am 6'3 and a lot of times the seat can't move all the way back for leg room so I'm cramped up and sitting low for an hour and 40 minutes. Thankfully i was able to pick and instead of 9 trips to far Rockaway and 1 to lefferts per week, i will only be seeing the rock 2 times a week next pick. Can't wait til they retire those 46s. The vanity wore off quick for me 😂...nice train when it's working and very easy to operate but I'm over it.

46s have never caused me any physiological issues. But I'm admittedly not the tallest guy around.

On 6/25/2022 at 6:31 PM, Gullys said:

that not in TA-32 class

Based on the previous messages, don't sent me anything lol I don't want to get into any trouble for this.  I'd rather just study and pass.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:03 AM, d4rkst4r said:

I was trying to send you a private message, but I don't have enough time on this website yet.  Do you mind emailing them to slucrez54@gmail.com?

You got Supts right in this forum and you posting this? 

Wow...

Oh forget it i just got a text they already on to it...:(

that not in TA-32 class

Wow...

Oh forget it i just got a text they already on to it...

that not in TA-32 class

You’re going to need to learn discretion on this job and how to be incognito. I’m sure the sentiment is appreciated and that you meant no harm, but there are some things that shouldn’t be shared on public forums/group chats. 
Remember the adage; loose lips sink ships.

Use more private channels for situations like this, and don’t overshare down here, because more often than not - it’ll bite you in the ass.

5 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Wow...

Oh forget it i just got a text they already on to it...:(

Yup, I was at 130 today and the TSS's asked if anyone was passing out PDF copies of the Signal exam.

Edited by rondread445

On 6/26/2022 at 5:40 PM, Schecter said:

Yeah TSSs read this forum btw peeps just an FYI and if a school car TSS, superintendent or the director gets a wind of this being spread around they're going to change the whole exam completely. It happened before someone was passing around stuff and a TSS caught wind and the whole exam was changed.  Let's just say that people failed because they thought they were good with the stuff being passed around. Just food for thought

Whos the director of school car?

When helping out goes too far smh lol

but that person actions were bold 

Got way beyond questions like what list number they up to for pre employment or medical…..

yea it’s dry right now but Patience is key on this forum…wait in life….for the ones that got called already and waiting  3-90 days……..just chill….it’s coming….you went through the most important part of the process already & list will hopefully it get extended 

gotta crawl before you walk…no school car or job before even being medically cleared…ppl stressing on here like it’s been 91 days and was just forgotten about…everything takes time…as fast as we want something is just as fast as we would not want something & be ungrateful 

anxious to get list number called once called now anxious to get through school car…so stressful for what a job ? 

they will call & hire who they want when they want with or without you 

it’s a job treat it like so

follow rules & guidelines 

enjoy the experience without the folly and you’ll be able to stick around for awhile 

TSS shouldn’t have to be asking questions about what ppl are doing in their private lives that’s when things are getting out of hand & whoever must be going up & beyond 

we all need a job 

we all want this job 

we all will get this job 

if it’s meant straight up 

@456ontheLex thanks for taking da words right out of my mouth. Couldn’t have said it any better. My number is 47** and the emailed me for pre employment 6/3. Waiting for medical email/text/phone call. I’m being patient because honestly I was caught by surprised I even got an email and now I’m very excited about the opportunity. I ask others to please update us on list # current status weather it’s P/E or medical etc etc. this job will do everyone good for family and self let’s be positive stay positive and thank the man above for this opportunity. 

Congrats @TCart ! Look how that turned out what did you really do for a call back ?!?!? Nothing I bet you just waited 

thats all you can do 

Make something out of it…..wisely 

like you said for taking care of family most importantly 

Don’t do anything or be around anyone who can jeopardize that

can’t be stressing nothing in life 

nope nope nope no way ! 

I see on this forum how ppl stress about MTA getting to their list number then once they list number is reached now stressing about getting call for medical then once called for medical stressing about passing school car I know anxiety is real but for this ?!?

And I’m  not gonna say I haven’t asked questions about this list but that’s where it stays just the list numbers 

and if you haven’t noticed….MTA need us more than we need them have you seen the news lately ???? With missing crews ???? Don’t let anybody tell you it’s a lie 

T/O told me the other day they training was cut short cuz they needed bodies and he’s in the B division so what do that tell you ? It’s an urgency/emergency to hire cuz like with any job it’s a cycle…..retired fired & hired 

they gonna get through this list…I say respectfully…hopefully

it makes sense to go through it because of the hiring freeze most of y’all would of been called already TBH

But we all know MTA can do whatever they please….extend or not….just hoping for the best with any results 

oh yea forgot……..list 6XXX but ain’t stressing 

Stay positive with life not Covid my friends…ppl still getting sick 

@456ontheLex I did nothing but focus on the things I had in front of me in life and my current job. I went for P/E now I’m still doing da same thing I was doing before I received da email cause I know it’s something I can’t control. I can’t stress things I can’t control. I’ll leave it to MTA and the man above. If it’s meant to be it will be that’s how I look at everything in life. Ur in the 6000’s keep hope and faith. I believe they will get that high personally I do. This list is moving fast and I don’t think they will stop contacting people anytime soon at least until September or October and even than they might still need hundreds of people. 

3 hours ago, rondread445 said:

Yup, I was at 130 today and the TSS's asked if anyone was passing out PDF copies of the Signal exam.

LOL!!!!!!!!  omg screwed.  

oh boy. they gonna change that test now.  but then again.....they will probably be so lazy or cheap too change the test.

anyways. guys.  dont rush into this job/career. it's very very brutal. you been warned.  you might like it and love it.  and some will be burned out and hate it.  just take it day by day.

and one of the best advice i've heard was:  DON'T HAVE SEX ON THE LEX !!!