ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 3/29/2023 at 12:17 PM, Maschine Bob said:

You know how it is when you a regular someplace and someone calls out or is late, before crew office fills the job the dispatcher is looking out the door to see who wants the work. Surprisingly most people say no. 

I see it often especially at 179 on Fridays!:lol:

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/29/2023 at 2:49 PM, Godsfavorite said:

I am waiting for transit now. LIRR called me as well. So while I wait I will go for LIRR and see how far I can get. I am not working at the moment so I have some time to study. If transit calls me in time then I will go. Don’t want to miss out on any opportunities.

Brother go at it man! Good Luck....:)

On 3/29/2023 at 11:53 AM, Djf22 said:

The hardest part is the pay cut for 2 years I got in and left couldn’t afford the pay cut. They do have a good gig there but it really is not much better than what we have A LOT more responsibility for not that much more in pay. Their version of school car is 14 months long. Our health insurance is better they pay more in union dues and pension contributions than we do. So while the grass may look greener on the other side I didn’t think it was that much greener 

Fair enough i can respect that...

23 hours ago, Djf22 said:

I read about 1 on instagram that was crazy I think overran station hit home signal hooked down stop arm then split the switch and did damage to the switch and the train if that was real I don’t think it could get much worse 

It was real and on TOP of that dude tried to lie saying "The Dispt told me to key past the Station"....

So i guess the part of running the home signal and hooking down a stop arm is keying by huh?

That is a failure of comprehension and no way should that person ever move a train in NYCT ever...

On 3/17/2023 at 2:24 PM, TCart said:

The platform will humble people REAL QUICK. Please don’t take this job as a joke. A lot of TO’s are on the platform for challenging signals and over running stations. You have to get your rest and stay focus on the task at hand. Get ya money and go home. Don’t listen to crew room lawyers or anyone else. Learn your job. Learn your rules. Learn to read your iron and study your signals and know what to do at each signal. Good luck to everyone coming in and if Yu haven’t got a call yet your time is coming. Please be humble 

...and people on the Platform still manage to do stupid shit and get into even more trouble.

In the grand scheme of things, it is a simple job. Show up. Have your equipment. Be courteous. Do what you're supposed to do. The cover-up is worse than the crime. 

3 hours ago, RTOMan said:

It was real and on TOP of that dude tried to lie saying "The Dispt told me to key past the Station"....

So i guess the part of running the home signal and hooking down a stop arm is keying by huh?

That is a failure of comprehension and no way should that person ever move a train in NYCT ever...

And that was in the same week of the other major thing. Those were fun reports to read and assist with...

I guess we can talk about work in here, right? 

31 minutes ago, mediccjh said:

And that was in the same week of the other major thing. Those were fun reports to read and assist with...

I guess we can talk about work in here, right? 

Wha was the major thing? You mean that wasn’t major hooking down a home signal and splitting a switch? My god 

6 minutes ago, Djf22 said:

The dispatcher told me to key by the home signal. Lmao i remember in school car my tss took us one by one up to the home signal and asked how do I key by this. I’m sure that’s pretty standard so someone didn’t pay attention 

There's no way anybody will tell you to key by a home signal, and the t/o should know that you can't key by any home signals. If he doesn't know this then that person doesn't belong operating trains sadly. 

44 minutes ago, Schecter said:

There's no way anybody will tell you to key by a home signal, and the t/o should know that you can't key by any home signals. If he doesn't know this then that person doesn't belong operating trains sadly. 

I can’t imagine saying that either blame it on the equipment at least bad brakes or something 

5 hours ago, Djf22 said:

The dispatcher told me to key by the home signal. Lmao i remember in school car my tss took us one by one up to the home signal and asked how do I key by this. I’m sure that’s pretty standard so someone didn’t pay attention 

well like someone already said.  the classes that are coming out are the ones scoring the lowest score on the civil service exam. it's really not looking for RTO
also.....some TSS would YELL SCREAM into your EAR making you remind you u cannot key a home
but......yea some TSS dont' even hammer that in.  it's not the TSS fault......if they dont scream at u but........it DOES HELP you remember lol

but really to be honest......only homies can key homes.  i'm just not that gangster 

1 minute ago, trackerjack said:

well like someone already said.  the classes that are coming out are the ones scoring the lowest score on the civil service exam. it's really not looking for RTO
also.....some TSS would YELL SCREAM into your EAR making you remind you u cannot key a home
but......yea some TSS dont' even hammer that in.  it's not the TSS fault......if they dont scream at u but........it DOES HELP you remember lol

but really to be honest......only homies can key homes.  i'm just not that gangster 

Every t/o should know that it's impossible to key a home signal this t/o decided it was a bright idea to hook down the stop arm and proceed out the station. That person should no longer be allowed to operate the train if you're gonna cause a almost collision with another train, if a train was crossing over that switch there could of been a big accident especially since the brighton line is an elevated line. No excuses for what they did tbh.

12 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Every t/o should know that it's impossible to key a home signal this t/o decided it was a bright idea to hook down the stop arm and proceed out the station. That person should no longer be allowed to operate the train if you're gonna cause a almost collision with another train, if a train was crossing over that switch there could of been a big accident especially since the brighton line is an elevated line. No excuses for what they did tbh.

Yep, people could’ve died. 

It’s IMPOSSIBLE to KEY a home signal. Wanna know why it’s IMPOSSIBLE to KEY a HOME SIGNAL ? Because the IJ (Insulated Joint) is ADJACENT to the home signal with an stop arm associated. Being that the IJ is adjacent to the homie yu can’t see the aspect of the signal if Yu can get past it (key it) but yu can’t because the stop arm will never ever go down. Oh and of course it’s controlled by RCC so if RCC say “key by that home signal per school car rule” tell them that’s not a school car rule and maybe they should be re instructed. The TSS’s will tell you 1000 times before school car is over that it is impossible to key a homie 

Hello all 40xx here, after being placed on medical hold and having my medical hold cleared last year in June. My name fell off the decas list so they could not proceed with my hiring process and was told that I had to wait until they get the new list from decas. Got a call on 3/10 telling me to come in on march 20th for drug test then I got an email to come in on march 31 for final processing. After a few hours there I have been appointed for train operator and class starts on April 10th. Anyone can tell me what to expect on the first day of class?

15 minutes ago, Miggz69 said:

Hello all 40xx here, after being placed on medical hold and having my medical hold cleared last year in June. My name fell off the decas list so they could not proceed with my hiring process and was told that I had to wait until they get the new list from decas. Got a call on 3/10 telling me to come in on march 20th for drug test then I got an email to come in on march 31 for final processing. After a few hours there I have been appointed for train operator and class starts on April 10th. Anyone can tell me what to expect on the first day of class?

Expect to be bored.

25 minutes ago, Miggz69 said:

Idk if they're still doing it but when I was appointed we had to do a zoom meeting for the 1st day which was orientation, had my camera and mic off unless i was asked to say my name and w.e. But I was playing my ps5 the whole time I wasn't new to transit so w.e the lady was saying wasn't important to me, and like @Jerichosaid it's boring af.