ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 6/3/2023 at 12:14 PM, Cici said:

Does that mean if your list number is in the 900's you are no longer on the list?

No it doesn't mean that, its just certification sequence numbers for the group they certified 5/17/23 and its ends 6/23/23 the day before the new class starts, If you didn't get called yet they didn't get to you yet

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heads-up, a lot of you guys joining new classes will think that you secured the job, however that is only the case if you score 100 on both signal exams. You need a good track record, 90/100s on quizzes, good train control and know your job. I suggest you guys have a plan B in case you flunk the signal exam. Study hard and good luck!

9 hours ago, Robert T said:

No it doesn't mean that, its just certification sequence numbers for the group they certified 5/17/23 and its ends 6/23/23 the day before the new class starts, If you didn't get called yet they didn't get to you yet

I’m in the low 20’s for this certification and didn’t get called 

7 hours ago, RedoverRed said:

Heads-up, a lot of you guys joining new classes will think that you secured the job, however that is only the case if you score 100 on both signal exams. You need a good track record, 90/100s on quizzes, good train control and know your job. I suggest you guys have a plan B in case you flunk the signal exam. Study hard and good luck!

Do the classes follow a consistent schedule, or, do they let you know your schedule in advance at least? I would hope I could at least keep part time hours at my current job for a worst case scenario such as failing the exam.

16 minutes ago, banjo said:

Do the classes follow a consistent schedule, or, do they let you know your schedule in advance at least? I would hope I could at least keep part time hours at my current job for a worst case scenario such as failing the exam.

No, they dont always have a consistent schedule. You should warn your current job or ask for a leave of absence.

2 hours ago, banjo said:

They gave us a schedule for 6 months. Schedule is usually Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday for my class. I start from as early as 6 am to the latest being 9. The further dates don’t have the time frame but the days I know. Of course subject to change.

On 5/21/2023 at 10:34 PM, kev2112 said:

Im in the new certification. (Per the DCAS website) Extremely low number.  I’m assuming the email should come soon. 

how long did it take for you to get restored? what were your circumstances if you don't mind me asking, DM me if anything. 

appreciated. 

On 6/5/2023 at 9:03 PM, banjo said:

You will only have time for Schoolcar period...

I Suggest you call your job and request a leave of absence..

If TA finds out you working two jobs they going to give you problems and will terminate you since you are on probation.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:30 AM, Sherxxx said:

@KCA119 I went in last week for medical. They let you into the building around 630am, I was the second to get into the building and left there around 1pm. Yes drink lots of water, you’ll have to pee in a cup. You’ll do vision, hearing and ekg. You’ll also do your fingerprint and ID photo (I got to do it all on the same day)  

They called me the day before to confirm my medical appointment. 

I went for medical yesterday and they did everything you said. Cleared medical, I was sworn in, did photo ID and fingerprints. I will be in the June 26th class. I walked in at 6:45am and was out of there by 3pm. Would have been out sooner, but I made a mistake and got the money order from western union instead of the Postal Office. They were nice enough to let me leave and walk to the post office around the corner to get one. Everyone be sure to get the money order from the post office, it is the only one the fingerprint office will accept. I want to thank everyone that has been answering my questions and everyone else's questions. It's been a great help and a great way to keep us calm and level headed lol. Good luck to everyone!

List#: 62xx

5 hours ago, thegameksk said:

How did you get added back? Ive been trying since January only to have Dars tells me that I am employed with the MTA (im not) and HR at the MTA tells me to talk to dars

Same thing happened to me last year. I returned to my previous title yet TA still had me as a train operator (even pay rate For months ). Took a year and one month to finally get TA and DCAS to straighten everything out. 

I suggest you email HR once a week and call Dcas every two weeks. 

5 hours ago, thegameksk said:

How did you get added back? Ive been trying since January only to have Dars tells me that I am employed with the MTA (im not) and HR at the MTA tells me to talk to dars

I called DCAS every day and most days got nowhere. I sent emails and finally after two months it got figured out 

From Canella Gomez, RTO VP
Quick RTO personnel update 

▪ Current number of people out for all 3 titles comp and sick (as of Monday 6/20/23)

Comp                 Sick
T/O 266             255
C/R 343             300
TW/O 8              18

▪ Hiring forecast
The following induction classes are scheduled for the remainder of 2023:

📌Classes of 70 Train Operators each scheduled for June, July, August, October, November and December.

📌Classes of 60 Conductors each scheduled for June, July, September, October and December.

📌Class of 12 Tower Operators scheduled for August; an additional class of 11 for a class date TBD.

▪ Promotional forecast

📌Class of 12 for promotion to T/D scheduled for August; an additional promotion class of 12 scheduled for a date TBD.

📌Class of 17 for promotion to AT/D scheduled for a date TBD.

📌Classes of 15 Train Service Supervisors each scheduled for July, and October

📌HR was only able to fill 7 of 15 available positions for the 6/19/23 promotion to TSS due to employees declining the promotion.

Please folks be careful what you say online about "What you not going to do"...

It can be seen as Insubordination.

As well as saying "Oh ill just book off"  which is our right but its also an occurrence and next thing one knows they getting a letter on sick consoling then next thing sick control.

Weather its Joking or not....

Pay no mind to those who babble about that because once their rookie azzes are sitting at 130 Livingston street in that Rubber room all that Online chest pounding goes out the window...

On 6/20/2023 at 10:27 PM, Schecter said:

From Canella Gomez, RTO VP
Quick RTO personnel update 

▪ Current number of people out for all 3 titles comp and sick (as of Monday 6/20/23)

Comp                 Sick
T/O 266             255
C/R 343             300
TW/O 8              18

▪ Hiring forecast
The following induction classes are scheduled for the remainder of 2023:

📌Classes of 70 Train Operators each scheduled for June, July, August, October, November and December.

📌Classes of 60 Conductors each scheduled for June, July, September, October and December.

📌Class of 12 Tower Operators scheduled for August; an additional class of 11 for a class date TBD.

▪ Promotional forecast

📌Class of 12 for promotion to T/D scheduled for August; an additional promotion class of 12 scheduled for a date TBD.

📌Class of 17 for promotion to AT/D scheduled for a date TBD.

📌Classes of 15 Train Service Supervisors each scheduled for July, and October

📌HR was only able to fill 7 of 15 available positions for the 6/19/23 promotion to TSS due to employees declining the promotion.

Thanks for this info…I was recertified back in May and hope to be called soon