The Mets stink

trainfan22

Im going to have to blame the manager Jerry Manuel because of the team being inconsistent late in the season. They were great in the middle of the season, but now they just suck. They havent been putting runs on the board lately. I think that Ryan Church helped the mets to this point but then he swagged and so as the mets.

Im going to have to blame the manager Jerry Manuel because of the team being inconsistent late in the season. They were great in the middle of the season, but now they just suck. They havent been putting runs on the board lately. I think that Ryan Church helped the mets to this point but then he swagged and so as the mets.

No way. I don't blame Jerry Manuel for this because he inherited the team. How can you blame Manuel when he inherited a bullpen with an aggregate ERA, when you throw out the top and bottom ERA's, of 5.16? I blame the bullpen for this disaster when they chalked up 29 blown saves this year. TWENTY-NINE!!!

they blew it again, the second stright season this has happend. I wonder how whllie feels right now, i say its the gm fault but they gave him a four year contract exention. They have to rebuild the bullpen this off season.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha!!!!!!:P:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p

Its true, im also going to have to blame the bullpen for this, but remember, Billy Wagner was out for the season, but anyway, the mets bullpen been horrible most of the season. In some games, the mets had the lead, but the Mets bullpen came in and ruined it.

Its true, im also going to have to blame the bullpen for this, but remember, Billy Wagner was out for the season, but anyway, the mets bullpen been horrible most of the season. In some games, the mets had the lead, but the Mets bullpen came in and ruined it.

Billy Wagner had the lowest ERA on the team, which was the one I tossed out earlier, at 2.30. Once Wagner was out and the team was left without a closer, it was going to be extremely difficult for the Mets to pull it off. When you think about it, making it to 162 with a bullpen filled with rats isn't that bad. It still hurts though.

No way. I don't blame Jerry Manuel for this because he inherited the team. How can you blame Manuel when he inherited a bullpen with an aggregate ERA, when you throw out the top and bottom ERA's, of 5.16? I blame the bullpen for this disaster when they chalked up 29 blown saves this year. TWENTY-NINE!!!

good post. coming from a Yankee fan, the bullpen is why the Mets didn't pull it off. I think I heard somewhere that if baseball games were 7 innings long the Mets would have wrapped up the division about a week ago. twenty nine blown saves is ridiculous. dont know how many losses ayala had before he came over but when you got two relievers with close to 10 losses (him and heilman) that's pretty bad. between them and the brewers it was truly gonna be a race of who'd blow it more. however as a CC sabathia owner i can't say i was really upset with the outcome, especially since that complete game he threw today won me my fantasy league championship and a hundred and forty bucks.

good post. coming from a Yankee fan, the bullpen is why the Mets didn't pull it off. I think I heard somewhere that if baseball games were 7 innings long the Mets would have wrapped up the division about a week ago. twenty nine blown saves is ridiculous. dont know how many losses ayala had before he came over but when you got two relievers with close to 10 losses (him and heilman) that's pretty bad. between them and the brewers it was truly gonna be a race of who'd blow it more. however as a CC sabathia owner i can't say i was really upset with the outcome, especially since that complete game he threw today won me my fantasy league championship and a hundred and forty bucks.

When wagner got out they should have brought in someone else to finish off the season. Throwing dice in the form of a squishy bullpen isnt good when you have no formula. You gotta have a good starter to keep the other team in check, a second guy to keep the starter from straining himself, and a closer to seal the deal. They had sorta good luck with starting then it tanked, then the rest of the pen took up the slack plus billy was gone. Formula for disaster. At least we didnt have that horrible tom glavine galin glover whatever his name is:rolleyes::cool::P:D this season. In the immortalized words given by brooklyn dodgers fans, wait till next year. :D

- A

Also, since Ryan Church was out for quite some time, and the mets were not playing well. The mets should of have gotten Manny ramirez from the Red sox. Since he plays left field, they could of have put him left field with Beltran in center field, and Daniel murphy in right field. Imagine how the mets would be with Manny?. He played well in L.A with the Dodgers, and the mets needed a bat like Ramirez when Church was out.

When wagner got out they should have brought in someone else to finish off the season. Throwing dice in the form of a squishy bullpen isnt good when you have no formula. You gotta have a good starter to keep the other team in check, a second guy to keep the starter from straining himself, and a closer to seal the deal. They had sorta good luck with starting then it tanked, then the rest of the pen took up the slack plus billy was gone. Formula for disaster. At least we didnt have that horrible tom glavine galin glover whatever his name is:rolleyes::cool:B)B) this season. In the immortalized words given by brooklyn dodgers fans, wait till next year. :)

- A

unfortunately the trade deadline had past before the injury, but the truth is they really should have picked up someone at the deadline because aside from wagner their bullpen was a weakness BEFORE the allstar break too

Ironically, Matt Lindstrom, the Marlin's closer, who made Ryan Church fly out, started in the Mets organization. They traded Lindstrom to Florida in 2006 for Jason Vargas and Adam Bostick, two non-prospects.

Along with the bullpen, the starting rotation is also a questionable area. Pedro Martinez and Oliver Perez have expiring contracts this year, while John Maine is recovering from a shoulder injury and Mike Pelfrey ended the year on a down note.

On a bright note, however, Citi Field awaits next year; Carlos Delgado is once a slugger again; Jon Niese & Daniel Murphy are talented prospects; Santana is a fixture in the rotation, and David Wright and Carlos Beltran both had 100+ RBI seasons.

World Series predictions anyone?

Ironically, Matt Lindstrom, the Marlin's closer, who made Ryan Church fly out, started in the Mets organization. They traded Lindstrom to Florida in 2006 for Jason Vargas and Adam Bostick, two non-prospects.

Along with the bullpen, the starting rotation is also a questionable area. Pedro Martinez and Oliver Perez have expiring contracts this year, while John Maine is recovering from a shoulder injury and Mike Pelfrey ended the year on a down note.

On a bright note, however, Citi Field awaits next year; Carlos Delgado is once a slugger again; Jon Niese & Daniel Murphy are talented prospects; Santana is a fixture in the rotation, and David Wright and Carlos Beltran both had 100+ RBI seasons.

World Series predictions anyone?

Phillies or Angels

They blew it again, the second stright season this has happend. I wonder how whllie feels right now, i say its the GM fault but they gave him a four year contract exention. They have to rebuild the bullpen this off season.

So what else is new! :D

Boy was Shea smelling funky when I past by it to go back to Manhattan on sunday. Maybe I should've taken LIRR back to Manhattan. :-P

• 10 months later...

The Metropolitans are bad this season. 56-64 even with Johan Santana and K-Rod. Ryan Church is upset over comments Jerry Manuel made, calling them a "low blow" and there's a report that Billy Wagner may be done. Clearly, this isn't the same Mets team that was in 2006 and maybe, now, it wasn't entirely Willie Randolph's fault after all.

The Mets are a failure. They should dump Minaya, why they did not trade Sheffield and Hernandez to a contender for a few prospects is a mystery. They should dump Manuel, outside of a few good one liners he gives to the press after the daily Mets loss, he blows as a manager.

The Mets are a failure. They should dump Minaya, why they did not trade Sheffield and Hernandez to a contender for a few prospects is a mystery. They should dump Manuel, outside of a few good one liners he gives to the press after the daily Mets loss, he blows as a manager.

Read in the newspaper that Fred Wilpon said that Minaya is "absolutely" coming back, and if Minaya comes back, then Manuel comes back... which means you're screwed.

Read in the newspaper that Fred Wilpon said that Minaya is "absolutely" coming back, and if Minaya comes back, then Manuel comes back... which means you're screwed.

The only you get fired or traded from the mets is if something is not your fault or if an in house fight is published in the papers.

The real problem here is injuries, not management.

- A

While injuries has ruined this season for them, Omar imo has not done a good job in rebulid their minor league system in last 2-3 years, I agree that the Mets should have traded a couple of vets ie Shefield to get younger.

IMO the window of opportunity to win a world series with this group of players ie Beltran Wright, Reyes etc is over and a rebulid is now needed.

Right now the Phils, Braves and even the Marlins even w/ Mets at full stength are as good or better than them.

Archived