B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

So they're going to have you complete the medical portion first. After medical, providing you're not placed on medical hold, then they will have you complete the second drug test.

This makes sense in the event you're put on medical hold for whatever reason.

The next step after this will be final processing, that's when they will give you a date for Zerega.

Whats medical hold? Lol

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Greg1029 said:

Well this would be my 2nd drug test on Wednesday...also gotta go hearing, visual and EKG

So you’re saying that your first pre employment you were never drug test for this exam?? 

And to answer your previous question, I believe Medical hold is when you have some sort of medical issue that may need further evaluation, or an issue that needs to be cleared by your doctor.

40 minutes ago, Poppy1991 said:

So you’re saying that your first pre employment you were never drug test for this exam?? 

And to answer your previous question, I believe Medical hold is when you have some sort of medical issue that may need further evaluation, or an issue that needs to be cleared by your doctor.

No of course they drug tested me lol...I'm saying when I go Wednesday for the medical they r gonna drug test me again...

9 minutes ago, Greg1029 said:

No of course they drug tested me lol...I'm saying when I go Wednesday for the medical they r gonna drug test me again...

Ohh ok lol, I don’t think they’ll need to do another drug test, but then again who knows. Well good luck and let us know how everything goes. I’m still waiting on my medical...

1 hour ago, R170 said:

My list number is in the mid 1xx I did the pre employment but I havent been called for my medical. Does anyone here know whats going on? Are they calling at random or something?

As far as I've heard they're still finishing out the remainder of the last exam and will start this list once they're done. When I was there last week for pre-employment I overheard one of the clerks telling someone that it's been hectic in the employment office the past few weeks. I don't know what's going on regarding this but I'm going to assume that MTA is getting as many people processed as possible when the time comes so that they can start placing people in classes. 

6 hours ago, R170 said:

My list number is in the mid 1xx I did the pre employment but I havent been called for my medical. Does anyone here know whats going on? Are they calling at random or something?

I would call Ms. Rivera and take it from there. Make sure you speak to her in person. I don't know if this is still true, however, at one point I heard of them misplacing people's paperwork.

4 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

As far as I've heard they're still finishing out the remainder of the last exam and will start this list once they're done. When I was there last week for pre-employment I overheard one of the clerks telling someone that it's been hectic in the employment office the past few weeks. I don't know what's going on regarding this but I'm going to assume that MTA is getting as many people processed as possible when the time comes so that they can start placing people in classes. 

That's good since I plan on restoring my name to the previous list...I'll keep you folks updated...

I just got called by the MTA employment Division to come in for my medical on December 13th at 7:30 a.m..

My pre-employment appointment was on November 26th. List #4XX. 

It looks like they've gotten up to to list number 1,4XX, my friend just got his letter on Friday.

10 minutes ago, Greg1029 said:

So I just left the medical...they put me on medical hold for a sleep study...how long do I have to get this in order????

It's going to be over a month, especially if you test positive and you have to sleep with a CPAP machine which takes about a month.

Just note that the initial pre-employment paperwork is valid for 90 calendar days and the drug tests are valid for 30 calendar days.

20 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

It's going to be over a month, especially if you test positive and you have to sleep with a CPAP machine which takes about a month.

Just note that the initial pre-employment paperwork is valid for 90 calendar days and the drug tests are valid for 30 calendar days.

This is ridiculous...like its making ger a panic attack...I tried to do a sleep study before but the insurance I have will only allow them to mail me the machine then I have to mail it back to them then they notify me of results...I think its going to take too long

47 minutes ago, Greg1029 said:

This is ridiculous...like its making ger a panic attack...I tried to do a sleep study before but the insurance I have will only allow them to mail me the machine then I have to mail it back to them then they notify me of results...I think its going to take too long

If I’m not mistaken, I believe you’ll get sent somewhere and sleep overnight to get checked out.

1 hour ago, Greg1029 said:

Hey, what was the process like when you went for your medical?

What were the different steps the Physicians put you through?

3 hours ago, DLovo313 said:

I just got called by the MTA employment Division to come in for my medical on December 13th at 7:30 a.m..

My pre-employment appointment was on November 26th. List #4XX. 

It looks like they've gotten up to to list number 1,4XX, my friend just got his letter on Friday.

No they not. I am list number 7×× and is going next Wednesday for pre-employment.  They are doing bare craziness in there.

2 hours ago, Db24 said:

I just got called for the medical for Tuesday December 11th 730am 

my list number is 3XX...how long does it take after the medical to get a date for the 10 day training?

Please start reading from the 1st tread thread because most of the questions asked have already been answered. To your question, unless MTA is ready for drivers and class date(s) are set the  no one knows how long before you will hear for training.  Plus you have to factor in your list number because others might be ahead of you. They are still finishing up on exam 4600. So relax and wait. Sometime next year we all will he just read.

13 hours ago, Dorrell Love said:

Question? On the exam info I've noticed that an accident record can disqualify someone, what does that mean? What if the accident is minor or your not at fault. Exactly what does that mean in detail? Does anyone know?

i have the same problem, can anyone advise?