Shinabee65

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, uneeke said:

I qualified today. I was in the 6/10 class

Congrats!!

1 hour ago, uneeke said:

Keep calling them I went down to Livingston five times before I got through, they keep telling me hiring freeze, until one day I call again and they tell me to come in for drug test

I'm not surprised...

28 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

What's the number to call...is it 347-643-8229. I can't understand why they are claiming no vacancies but classes are being held.

That is the number to call. As far as understanding why they say "no vacancies," but at the same time they're having classes, you're note the only one...trust me.

Edited by +Young+

(347) 643-8213 that's a good # as well. I would say keep calling, I remember they told me they are not at my list # yet back in march. then I call again in early may  and some women over the phone told me they hv gone passed my list #  so I should  come in Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.  So went in the Wednesday and finally I did the drug test. But I know there's a class on 6/24 because they told us in orientation. so keep calling and hopefully your in the nxt class after that.

9 hours ago, uneeke said:

(347) 643-8213 that's a good # as well. I would say keep calling, I remember they told me they are not at my list # yet back in march. then I call again in early may  and some women over the phone told me they hv gone passed my list #  so I should  come in Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.  So went in the Wednesday and finally I did the drug test. But I know there's a class on 6/24 because they told us in orientation. so keep calling and hopefully your in the nxt class after that.

Can you tell me what was your list numer. 

Line training starts nxt week. I was in the 6/10 starting class. I qualified on day 7.day 8 and 9 we were at Jamaica depot learning the other bus, and waiting for the other guys who did not qualify on day 7. So nxt week we will  pick a depot and start line training

53 minutes ago, uneeke said:

Line training starts nxt week. I was in the 6/10 starting class. I qualified on day 7.day 8 and 9 we were at Jamaica depot learning the other bus, and waiting for the other guys who did not qualify on day 7. So nxt week we will  pick a depot and start line training

Uneeke, what goes on during day 7? Which borough did you do your day 7 qualification? Does the Superintenant make you do the pre-trip on Day 7?

Yes, day 7 cover's everything that was thought to you from day 1.pre trip inspection, highway driving, street driving,straight backing, and parallel parking and a easy 19 a exam 20 question. but you must do well on day 6 to get a shot at day 7. but if you fellow the instructor teaching  you will make it. alot of people with permits passed.

1 hour ago, uneeke said:

Yes, day 7 cover's everything that was thought to you from day 1.pre trip inspection, highway driving, street driving,straight backing, and parallel parking and a easy 19 a exam 20 question. but you must do well on day 6 to get a shot at day 7. but if you fellow the instructor teaching  you will make it. alot of people with permits passed.

Ok, which borough did you conduct your Day 7? Which depot and which line from that depot?

• 3 weeks later...

So finally I did the sleep apnea test. Took long I had issues with my insurance. The mta said they wanted 1 month of the cpac. But after I took the first sleep apnea study over night. The sleep apnea staff said I don't have sleep apnea and I slept without any issues. Will this be acceptable you think ?. 

Waiting for paper work from doctors. To take off medical hold. When I have it do I go back to 180 livingston or reestablish my number back on list or what ?

6 hours ago, Moody said:

So finally I did the sleep apnea test. Took long I had issues with my insurance. The mta said they wanted 1 month of the cpac. But after I took the first sleep apnea study over night. The sleep apnea staff said I don't have sleep apnea and I slept without any issues. Will this be acceptable you think ?. 

Waiting for paper work from doctors. To take off medical hold. When I have it do I go back to 180 livingston or reestablish my number back on list or what ?

Since this is not a civil service exam, as soon as you have your paperwork, I would go back to Livingston Street ASAP and see what they say.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, raeva0711 said:

When they do have classes is it a mixture of different b/o exam list's in the class?

Yes. It depends on how many lists are active at the time. Normally they have a mixture of TA, OA and BC.