Explosion In Subway Near Port Authority

Via Garibaldi 8

Y'all are arguing politics while I'm just laughing at the fact that this dude essentially blew his nuts off because he believed some dumbass ISIS rhetoric. 

Well since I'm here, and am gonna avoid delving into political discussions, I guess I'm just gonna recap my commute for that day....

7:55am: I'm waiting at Aberdeen-Matawan for NJCL Train # 3326, I get the alert about the explosion.

Sometime between 8:11-8:45 I think: I get the news that it was a bomb, which made me smh because I now realized that anybody who wasn't a NY'er was gonna lose their damn minds and think that we're being invaded or some s***.

8:39: As the train pulls into Newark I see a bunch of NJT buses from Ironbound and Howell routes on McCarter Highway, presumably dropping people at Newark Penn for PATH and commuter rail. I immediately place my bag in the overhead rack to prepare for the cattle call. 

8:55-9:00?: We make an unscheduled stop in Secaucus to pick up more folks who made it further before they severed access to the PABT. Train really got crowded then. 

9:15-9:30: I arrive in Penn Station, knowing the chaos that was going down 8 blocks up, I opt for the (1) over the (A)(C) but upon seeing the mass of people waiting for the (1) , I headed up to street level and took the M34 +Select to 6th Ave (still don't know why I did this) for the (D)

(D) never shows up, I'm assuming this is because it's backlogged from taking on all of the (A)(C) passengers. I hop the next (M) one stop up for the M7 and take that to Columbus Circle, M7 was surprisingly empty and quicker than the subway.

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I'm speaking hypothetically, so no it doesn't. In fact it's the opposite, especially with the pussy liberals in NYC like yourself that need to feel good about being "social justice warriors".  At least you didn't go complaining about how a mod needs to be here. I guess you finally grew a pair. Good for you. 

hahaha

4 hours ago, DaTransitMan4608 said:

Y'all are arguing politics while I'm just laughing at the fact that this dude essentially blew his nuts off because he believed some dumbass ISIS rhetoric. 

Well since I'm here, and am gonna avoid delving into political discussions, I guess I'm just gonna recap my commute for that day....

7:55am: I'm waiting at Aberdeen-Matawan for NJCL Train # 3326, I get the alert about the explosion.

Sometime between 8:11-8:45 I think: I get the news that it was a bomb, which made me smh because I now realized that anybody who wasn't a NY'er was gonna lose their damn minds and think that we're being invaded or some s***.

8:39: As the train pulls into Newark I see a bunch of NJT buses from Ironbound and Howell routes on McCarter Highway, presumably dropping people at Newark Penn for PATH and commuter rail. I immediately place my bag in the overhead rack to prepare for the cattle call. 

8:55-9:00?: We make an unscheduled stop in Secaucus to pick up more folks who made it further before they severed access to the PABT. Train really got crowded then. 

9:15-9:30: I arrive in Penn Station, knowing the chaos that was going down 8 blocks up, I opt for the (1) over the (A)(C) but upon seeing the mass of people waiting for the (1) , I headed up to street level and took the M34 +Select to 6th Ave (still don't know why I did this) for the (D)

(D) never shows up, I'm assuming this is because it's backlogged from taking on all of the (A)(C) passengers. I hop the next (M) one stop up for the M7 and take that to Columbus Circle, M7 was surprisingly empty and quicker than the subway.

I was driving to Port Authority from Bedminster.   My dispatcher told everyone to turn around and  take everyone home (and return fare/tickets).  I turned around in Newark on I-78 right before the Turnpike.

Since Port Authority was closed, most buses had to let out along 10 Ave

12 hours ago, Deucey said:

Ok. America and Europe stop bombing the f**k out of the Ottoman and Mughal territories; stop supplying weapons on the black markets; stop explicitly and implicitly endorsing Apartheid in Israel; stop all the operations in North and Central Africa and Asia Minor and the Subcontinent; stop propping up the Saudis, and let the Mideast sort itself out. Anglo-American and Euro-American interests have f**ked up that part of the world over and over and over for the better part of three centuries; leave them alone since all the "humanitarianism" trying to fix the problems caused hasn't solved a goddamned problem there.

And I'm a liberal saying that.

I agree. Let the Middle East sort itself out, but not on the American dime, and certainly not with American lives. Tell that to the globalist elites who would rather invite all the fallout to stay a while on our shores while they practice neo-imperialism abroad. Pipe bombs in our subway stations are included in that fallout.

13 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I'm speaking hypothetically, so no it doesn't. In fact it's the opposite, especially with the pussy liberals in NYC like yourself that need to feel good about being "social justice warriors".  At least you didn't go complaining about how a mod needs to be here. I guess you finally grew a pair. Good for you. 

"Pussy Liberals"....

...Says the guy who would rather take the comfy express buses and live in the outskirts that are Riverdale and Staten Island than deal with city folk and the homeless.

3 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

"Pussy Liberals"....

...Says the guy who would rather take the comfy express buses and live in the outskirts that are Riverdale and Staten Island than deal with city folk and the homeless.

Last I checked both are still parts of NYC.... I don't know it was a crime to prefer a comfortable, clean mode of transportation... I'm pretty sure you don't deal with the homeless either Mr. Silverspoon, but nice façade. :lol:

23 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Last I checked both are still parts of NYC.... I don't know it was a crime to prefer a comfortable, clean mode of transportation... I'm pretty sure you don't deal with the homeless either Mr. Silverspoon, but nice façade. :lol:

...And you just bitched about the Quill RTS buses.

That's pretty pussy of you.

4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

But couldn't they divert you guys to GWB Bus terminal?

I don't think Lakeland has a terminal in GWB... The #46 & the #78 (his route, out of Bedminster) both end at PABT.... There's another route that goes to Wall st. IINM, so if anything, that could've maybe have been a possibility....

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

I don't think Lakeland has a terminal in GWB... The #46 & the #78 (his route, out of Bedminster) both end at PABT.... There's another route that goes to Wall st. IINM, so if anything, that could've maybe have been a possibility....

B35 yes, and also our 80 routes go to Midtown-E 57 Street via 34 Street-Madison Avenue (one goes down 40th to 7 Ave, then 34th up until a certain time).  I was told most of our non-PABT buses made out ok.

What I also saw on TV when I got back to Secaucus was NJT Buses going to Secaucus Junction to transfer passengers to the trains.  Oh boy, what a mess.  But then again, one evening I was stuck on 495 and it took me 3 to 3 1/2 hours to get into PABT from just across the Hudson (someone got run over by two buses in the PABT on the 3rd floor)

24 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Wait how does someone get run over by TWO buses?

Probably following too closely behind each other (with a third stopping short after witnessing what happened ahead of him), which is all the more reason (unauthorized) folks need to stay off the damn roadway

2 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

"Pussy Liberals"....

So what does it say about my liberal ass since I deliberately picked Shaolin over Harlem or Brownsville?

58 minutes ago, 46Dover said:

B35 yes, and also our 80 routes go to Midtown-E 57 Street via 34 Street-Madison Avenue (one goes down 40th to 7 Ave, then 34th up until a certain time).  I was told most of our non-PABT buses made out ok.

What I also saw on TV when I got back to Secaucus was NJT Buses going to Secaucus Junction to transfer passengers to the trains.  Oh boy, what a mess.  But then again, one evening I was stuck on 495 and it took me 3 to 3 1/2 hours to get into PABT from just across the Hudson (someone got run over by two buses in the PABT on the 3rd floor)

Every time I see someone talk about hours-long delays going through the Helix I thank the Gods I don't have to commute to/from Ramsey NJ anymore.

27 minutes ago, Deucey said:

So what does it say about my liberal ass since I deliberately picked Shaolin over Harlem or Brownsville?

Nothing.

All I'm saying is that it seems weird that VG8 loves to bitch and complain about every single thing, but then turns around and thinks SJW and liberals are pussies. The guy is the first one to bitch about a little dirt on a bus.

54 minutes ago, Deucey said:

He's just trying to stir the pot because of political differences that's all.  Nothing more nothing less.  When I lived on Staten Island there were a few on here that constantly had smart @ss comments to make, but because you're a liberal you'll get a pass from them. :D Anytime incidents like this occur, these SJW like Goji love to deflect.  Yes, we have terrorists here that want to kill Americans.  Let's admit that and stop making excuses.

20 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

Nothing.

All I'm saying is that it seems weird that VG8 loves to bitch and complain about every single thing, but then turns around and thinks SJW and liberals are pussies. The guy is the first one to bitch about a little dirt on a bus.

You likely don't even work yet so you don't have anything to complain about. Mommy and daddy provides everything... I wouldn't complain about that either. <_<

• Lance locked this topic

Archived