B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.ad709944b622affec9979d37954c1e50.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9604

List Status:  This list has been established as of November 27, 2019, with an expiration date, as of now, of November 27th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.19 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, -Galan- said:

The pre employment drug examination is only good for 30 days. I believe that is a good question if you are getting called for both in similar time frames. 

WELL I GOT MY ANSWER TODAY. I went TO  OA TODAY AND I HAVE TO GO FOR THIS TA ON WEDNESDAY SO I GUESS I HAVE TO DO URINE ANALYSIS AGAIN.

On 8/11/2022 at 6:01 PM, misslo said:

CAN THEY USE 1 URINE ANALYSIS FOR BOTH EXAMS OA OR TA? :unsure:

On 8/12/2022 at 2:51 PM, misslo said:

WELL I GOT MY ANSWER TODAY. I went TO  OA TODAY AND I HAVE TO GO FOR THIS TA ON WEDNESDAY SO I GUESS I HAVE TO DO URINE ANALYSIS AGAIN.

As per the guidelines of the website, can you please refrain from posting in CAPITAL LETTERS? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and good luck with everything!

oh man i think they need to do something about the process, checking applications just for drug test shouldn't take all day. especially if you get a 6:30am app. 10 am app you SOL for the rest of the day. Then each person you see with whatever application/title they find little errors that ends up dragging the process out longer. Yesterday i didn't even get to do my drug test. i have to come back on Monday and then Tuesday again for a drug test.  I don't want to be condescending but for the love of G*d a lot of people cant read and comprehend the application and also not really listening to what recruiters want on the app. If you know you have tickets and court dates, more than 6 points unresolved - why come to pre-employment process, they gonna delay you anyway. Clear that before. if it is not necessary or if your lively hood is not dependent on it why drive? Also list the jobs in chronological order. Ascending or descending. Me personally, start from the most recent job and work your way until the month/year you turned 18. if they're gaps and you cant remember just put unemployed. As for why you left the job. (resigned, relocated, reassigned, transferred, temporary, furlough, stint) one word answers. For Bus Operator title that is TA, 9604 9618 2611 2612 2613 2614 i think. Any where on the application that has bus operator put TA in front of it. TA-Bus Operator. MTA IS A DOT EMPLOYER.  so if you have been drug tested before fr any title with the MTA within the last two years your answer would be yes.

9 hours ago, misslo said:

oh man i think they need to do something about the process, checking applications just for drug test shouldn't take all day...

Have you considered complaining about this? If so, send me a Private Message (PM) and we will take it from there.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Kkg said:

I did my drug test wednesday the 17th, i am waiting to get called back, anyone know how long it usually take to get contacted back after drugtest day?

The drug tests are valid for thirty [30] calendar days and the pre-employment paperwork is valid for ninety [90] calendar days. Keep in mind that you need to give the Medical Review Officer and the people outside of 180 Livingston Street a few business days to process the results, which Human Resources should have by Monday.

In addition, have you looked at how many people are currently ahead of you? If not, click here and type your last name or "Bus Operator" into the search box. The reason why I am asking is because, since this is "Civil Service," the remaining people who are on the 4600 list have preference, followed by the people who are on the list for 7612, followed by the people for this list.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+
Addition

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

The drug tests are valid for thirty [30] calendar days and the pre-employment paperwork is valid for ninety [90] calendar days. Keep in mind that you need to give the Medical Review Officer and the people outside of 180 Livingston Street a few business days to process the results, which Human Resources should have by Monday.

In addition, have you looked at how many people are currently ahead of you? If not, click here and type your last name or "Bus Operator" into the search box. The reason why I am asking is because, since this is "Civil Service," the remaining people who are on the 4600 list have preference, followed by the people who are on the list for 7612, followed by the people for this list.

Good luck!!

Ooo ok i see, im about 170

15 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Have you considered complaining about this? If so, send me a Private Message (PM) and we will take it from there.

Thanks.

Not really, quite a few people were riled up on wednesday. A young lady went all the way off and demanded to speak with the manager.

Hello! I was called for my day 1 drug test on 8/16/2022 but my CDL permit expired on 08/09/2022. I didn't have time before my Day 1 date to go retake the the cdl test since I work full time in the city and no one was responding to my calls/emails to tell me what I should do. I went to the Day 1 appointment and they told me they can't do the drug test without me having a valid CDL permit. I told them I made a Dmv appointment to renew it on 08/19/2022 and they made me fill out a paper to reschedule me for a different date. Did anyone here have to reschedule their day 1 appointment? If so do you know how long it takes for them to call you back to 180 Livingston Street? They took 2 papers out of the questionaire packet (i still have the majority of it) and they said I wasn't disqualified. They mentioned something about 2 weeks later they might call me but I don't think that's true. Did anyone have a similar experience/ a similar dilemma? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

So this morning I was searching for one of the numbers to call so i could schedule my drugs test for this exam. I called the MTA DMV (it's on the day 1 pdf app) number hoping to get some one. Welp, I was sent to voicemail at 10:48 am by 11:49am i saw an alert, the MTA called back but i heard no ring so she was sent  to voicemail lol. I really thought it was scam likely. The transcription of the voicemail said my name but it interpreted my name as a Japanese car dealership and MTA as PA (the state). Like the curious cat I am i saw the 643 number was also part of the MTA DMV number as well. I listened o the VM and immediately called back, recognised her voice from the voicemail. She said I am to come in 9-9-22 at 6:30 for a second drug test and medical. I am guessing this is for OA and not TA since i did do a drug test on 8-12-22 for OA 9100. They processed my app for this exam 9604 but i was rather lazy to come back for drug testing. They did however held my spot for it and she ask why I never come back. I shrugged. I am tired of being drug tested :(.

I hate to say this though but the lady really sound like a scam likely person.

• 3 weeks later...

You will make it don’t stress it, a lot of ppl make it seem like not passing on day 7 is a big deal..passing on  day 9 no different i remember passing on day 9 everybody else in my class pass day 7…..10 yrs later I’m the only one left meanwhile everybody else didn’t even make it through probation