B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.ad709944b622affec9979d37954c1e50.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9604

List Status:  This list has been established as of November 27, 2019, with an expiration date, as of now, of November 27th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.19 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jebbu said:

HI

GOT CALL ON MARCH 1ST SAYS COME DOWN TO 180..ON M-11.BUT DIDNT GET EMAIL YET. I TRIED CALLING AND EMAILING BUT NO RESPOSE YET. IF SO JUST FILL ALL PAPER WORK AND GO DOWN ON THAT DAY?? ANY HELPFUL TIP?

THANKS

Check your junk and spam folders. It comes from an individual not an nyct email. I’ve always gotten the email within an hour or two after the call. 

This has got to be the most anxiety stressful job I have ever applied for 6 months ago I took a pre employment drug test then get ghosted after the pre employment. months and months emails calls phones off the hook nobody answers the calls or emails back and when you finally get through too somebody nobody knows wtf is going on and now there emailing and calling telling me to report to downtown Brooklyn on the 3/8/22 to start the same process I did 6 months ago … shit is a joke and stressful as hell like idk kno if it’s worth it anymore it’s just hella depressing how the MTA HR employment hiring process moves like I understand there’s a lot of people that applied but this is ridiculous has anybody gone through this like is this normal please someone share thoughts  ⁉️

Edited by FrontSt

Does anyone know how I can get in contact with the MTA employment center? anyone had luck calling them? I've called several times and not 1 person picked up yet. I've been calling 347-643-7413 and 347-643-8237. I've emailed multiple times and no response. My exam is 9604 and List is 2xx. 

On 3/4/2022 at 2:29 PM, FrontSt said:

This has got to be the most anxiety stressful job I have ever applied for 6 months ago I took a pre employment drug test then get ghosted after the pre employment. months and months emails calls phones off the hook nobody answers the calls or emails back and when you finally get through too somebody nobody knows wtf is going on and now there emailing and calling telling me to report to downtown Brooklyn on the 3/8/22 to start the same process I did 6 months ago … shit is a joke and stressful as hell like idk kno if it’s worth it anymore it’s just hella depressing how the MTA HR employment hiring process moves like I understand there’s a lot of people that applied but this is ridiculous has anybody gone through this like is this normal please someone share thoughts  ⁉️

Crazy that this my exact same story. Except I’m not called down for another test and not the one I originally was drug tested for. But check this out I need to retake my permit and endorsements tests because that will now expire very soon. I’ve been beyond disappointed with how unorganized they’ve been. I should’ve been hired months ago. I hope this time around it’s a different story. I’m on exam 9618.

10 hours ago, Kenstyles said:

I was supposed to go in for my medical and final today but I am out of the country until Monday. I’ve been calling and emailing and not really able to get anyone so I can reschedule my medical. Is there another email I can use?

I think you should email the person who sent you the email to come for medicals, day one, and for which class you may be in for orientation. name and number, exam number and list number if you have it and just wait. Theyre rather swamped but try that first and wait a few days then call the number april gave you in another thread.

23 hours ago, Jebbu said:

QUICK QSTN..TRAINING IS IN WEEKEND DAYS???THANKS

Depends on the schedule for that week. For the 10 day, you usually start on a Sunday or Monday for training and that will give you Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday off. However, if you have to come in the weekend, they will let you know. 

Line training is M-F unless you’re that week has a TA holiday. If that’s the case, they will give you the holiday off and have you in on the weekend to make that day up. 

27 minutes ago, Kenstyles said:

I need to reschedule my second appointment but no response to phone calls or emails in almost a week. What would happen if I just go to 180 Livingston without an appointment? Will they let me in to talk to someone?

I’ve seen ppl show up there without an appt to reschedule so you can do that. 

6 hours ago, Jonny Stoof said:

Oh I thought you choose which depot to train at from what’s available. 

Which are the most common depots they send you to?

Class starting at Zarega on Sunday 3/27

They use a particular model bus for training so whichever depots has that bus is where you can be at. I’ve been seeing training buses out of Manhattanville, East New York and Queens Village lately. That’s only 3 of maybe the 10-12 depots that they can send you. 

2 hours ago, Lifeiswithlove said:

So after you get started, once they send you to zerega, are you for the whole 10 day training or they send you to different depots to train? 

1 hour ago, Livinglife said:

For training, is it only at zerega for 10 days or just day 0?

The very first day you’re at Zerega. If you wind up going to Day 10, that will also take place at Zerega. Days 1-7 are at one depot, days 8-9 will be at another depot. If you qualify between days 7-9, you will be instructed where to report for equipment training. (Usually Jamaica Depot)

After Day 10, you will be at Zerega for a couple more days. Not sure on which but you will be. Graduation will be at Zerega. Line training will take place at whatever depot that you pick into after qualifying.