B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.ad709944b622affec9979d37954c1e50.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9604

List Status:  This list has been established as of November 27, 2019, with an expiration date, as of now, of November 27th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.19 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

On 12/3/2021 at 12:57 AM, Anu said:

Gona be in the Sunday class ! List nunber 119x. Who else gona be starting training this Sunday ?are they particular about how you dress for the training ? Just worried about the parking at Zerega 😬

I'm starting this Sunday 12/5,Very excited for this new journey. I would just follow the dress code on the paper they gave you at the end of final processing. I heard parking is horrible over there but since we starting on a Sunday I believe you'll be okay  Sunday only . I wouldn't drive during the week though, I'm taking the train on Sunday just to play safe .   

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/3/2021 at 12:57 AM, Anu said:

Gona be in the Sunday class ! List nunber 119x. Who else gona be starting training this Sunday ?are they particular about how you dress for the training ? Just worried about the parking at Zerega 😬

Just dress like a bus operator. Blue button collared shirt, navy blue pants, the appropriate shoes and a blue tie. 

13 hours ago, King spade said:

I'm starting this Sunday 12/5,Very excited for this new journey. I would just follow the dress code on the paper they gave you at the end of final processing. I heard parking is horrible over there but since we starting on a Sunday I believe you'll be okay  Sunday only . I wouldn't drive during the week though, I'm taking the train on Sunday just to play safe .   

Yeah parking at zerega is insane. Luckily it's Sunday so it's not so bad. Just be there about an hour before to get a spot in the front but you should be able to find parking on Zerega or side streets cause the school bus company is closed on Sundays. Good luck to ya.  

• Harry unfeatured and featured this topic
  • Harry unfeatured this topic

Everyone who requested queens or Staten Island go their transfer yesterday when we did the GI day. This was day 10 for me. 

everyone who didn’t request a transfer was forced to Michael J Quill. This would have been my 3rd choice if given a choice so I can’t really complain. I know the area well and have family who live along a few of these routes. 

anyone here have experience working any of these MJQ routes? Apparently this depot is high seniority, I wonder why they had so many openings

7 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

Everyone who requested queens or Staten Island go their transfer yesterday when we did the GI day. This was day 10 for me. 

everyone who didn’t request a transfer was forced to Michael J Quill. This would have been my 3rd choice if given a choice so I can’t really complain. I know the area well and have family who live along a few of these routes. 

anyone here have experience working any of these MJQ routes? Apparently this depot is high seniority, I wonder why they had so many openings

You basically answered your own question. High retirement rates due to the more senior guys finding their way out. Same deal at Gleason with it being such a large depot. 

23 hours ago, futureMTA05 said:

Anyone know what number they are up to? Went on 11/15 for drug test and day 1 and still have not heard anything back. List number is 8**

I’m going thru the same thing I took a drug test back in September for pre employment and just feel like I’ve been ghosted on employment it’s very strange but I had a way higher list number than yours the HR Department never answers the phone or emails at this point I’m about to go down there in person and find out wtf is going on 😓😤

20 hours ago, FrontSt said:

I’m going thru the same thing I took a drug test back in September for pre employment and just feel like I’ve been ghosted on employment it’s very strange but I had a way higher list number than yours the HR Department never answers the phone or emails at this point I’m about to go down there in person and find out wtf is going on 😓😤

Yeah its insane, not cool at all . I was thinking of doing the same thing as well. 

1 hour ago, Anu said:

Passed the 7 day training today ! Been sent to Gunhill from tomorrow for line training !. Anyone knows how long I’ll have to stay there ? I already requested Staten Island on the first day . Still waiting for dmv road test too 

Congrats👍

1 hour ago, Anu said:

Passed the 7 day training today ! Been sent to Gunhill from tomorrow for line training !. Anyone knows how long I’ll have to stay there ? I already requested Staten Island on the first day . Still waiting for dmv road test too 

They just sent a class of students here. I think the next group will be coming over in January. Transfers are processed in the order received and you will be notified when you’re going to be heading to SI. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2022 at 12:55 PM, HeadhunterCali said:

Hey what was the time frame from the time you got the 1st email to come to 180 to your start date in November? I'm from exam 9618 and I'm expecting to get contacted between March/April.

10/27 oct did drug test

11/9 email to do medical

11/15 did medical

11/21 class

You may be on the same timeline, according to zerega they’re pushing 80-100 people out per class cuz they need bus operators like crazy

3 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

Today will be my first day in passenger service alone, kinda nervous but been looking forward to it lol

That's what's up Man! Congratulations. I hope to be in the same boat in a few months. What was the pay rate during training? Did you guys get paid every week or every other week? And from 10/27 to 11/21 start date... that was fairly quickly! Man i can't wait 😁

52 minutes ago, HeadhunterCali said:

That's what's up Man! Congratulations. I hope to be in the same boat in a few months. What was the pay rate during training? Did you guys get paid every week or every other week? And from 10/27 to 11/21 start date... that was fairly quickly! Man i can't wait 😁

Thanks bro you definitely will 

pay was 25.49 but I think it’s going up in a few months.  it’s every 2 weeks for a pay period 

do you have your cdl? 

30 minutes ago, KDGallagher said:

Thanks bro you definitely will 

pay was 25.49 but I think it’s going up in a few months.  it’s every 2 weeks for a pay period 

do you have your cdl? 

Wth?! Training pay was still $25.49!? Damn lol usually Training pay is less until you've completed, then you get the regular pay. Man that's nice lol 👌🏾

Yea i have my CDL (11 years). I'm currently in California. I Was waiting for the right time to move back, then i got the email saying that exam 9618 will start being called the end of February. I'm list 3×× so I'm leaving California the beginning of March and change my license over.

3 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Wth?! Training pay was still $25.49!? Damn lol usually Training pay is less until you've completed, then you get the regular pay. Man that's nice lol 👌🏾

Yea i have my CDL (11 years). I'm currently in California. I Was waiting for the right time to move back, then i got the email saying that exam 9618 will start being called the end of February. I'm list 3×× so I'm leaving California the beginning of March and change my license over.

Yes, you’re considered a full employee on the first day, so enjoy it. Pass training first but enjoy it, lol. 

On 1/9/2022 at 11:47 AM, HeadhunterCali said:

On 1/9/2022 at 7:57 AM, KDGallagher said:

Today will be my first day in passenger service alone, kinda nervous but been looking forward to it lol

Hey I wanted to know do we have to pass training and then dmv cdl road test? 

What’s good people. I was just curious about something. If you sign up for TA and get hired, i’m assuming that you could be sent anywhere. I have a little bit of interest regarding B/O but I don’t want nothing to do with express lines, MCI’s, or Prevost. Do you think the best bet would be to wait for a MABSTOA test to come out and apply? If successful there then in about a year‘s time transferring over to TA.

2 minutes ago, The Saniter said:

What’s good people. I was just curious about something. If you sign up for TA and get hired, i’m assuming that you could be sent anywhere. I have a little bit of interest regarding B/O but I don’t want nothing to do with express lines, MCI’s, or Prevost. Do you think the best bet would be to wait for a MABSTOA test to come out and apply? If successful there then in about a year‘s time transferring over to TA.

well at this time YOU ARE GOING WHERE THE NEED IS  so if it is where there are express buses you happen to get assigned too maybe you might get bumped out before your one year or after 1 year put in for transfer 

2 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

well at this time YOU ARE GOING WHERE THE NEED IS  so if it is where there are express buses you happen to get assigned too maybe you might get bumped out before your one year or after 1 year put in for transfer 

Got you. Would that also be the case for somebody who gets hired by MABSTOA. Are they limited to the Bronx and Manhattan or could they be sent anywhere?