Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Jar said:

If anything, they will be laying off the provisional employees first before permanent

Yeah but that doesnt benefit us either the last lay off was in 2010 and everyone got rehired so if that really does happen were never gonna get called at that rate

3 hours ago, Richie95 said:

Thank you gerard i also seen the post already haha and i heard that too but wasnt that guys going perm from 7609?

yea but im saying from a hiring standpoint..i feel everbodys pain lol..i took promo test and am waiting for results and list..i can take prov. promotion now but im gonna move from BK 8am-4pm to BX 10pm-6am

7 hours ago, GerardL said:

there was a bulletin posted a few days ago regarding the media and DiBlasio or somebody saying financial cuts need to be made in the MTA and the last resort is laying people off..ill take a picture of it later..and again, 8 guys literally started 2 weeks ago so keep your hopes up..MTA is always saying they are broke and not to mention, TWU contract is up in June or July so it could be a bargaining point

They may actually be broke this time lol smh and what is the TWU contract

1 hour ago, GerardL said:

yea but im saying from a hiring standpoint..i feel everbodys pain lol..i took promo test and am waiting for results and list..i can take prov. promotion now but im gonna move from BK 8am-4pm to BX 10pm-6am

U took the promo test to become maintained correct ? Is there a rule to how long u gotta be helper to take promo test ? 

9 hours ago, Josh327 said:

U took the promo test to become maintained correct ? Is there a rule to how long u gotta be helper to take promo test ? 

TWU is the transit workers union..TWU Local 100..they negotiate a new contract with MTA every few years..i took Promo. to Power Cable Maintainer..you have to wait for the exam to come out..its the same as any other civil service exam..you also have to be permanent..there was only 4 perm. helper who took last exam in November..4 helpers,14 prov. maintainers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Richie95 said:

New exam is dropping in a couple of days anyone going to reapply ?

Nah I don’t think it makes sense. U already took 8611. Your name is ahead of that. I mean unless u feel like u gotta a really low score and didn’t do good on spa but they will get to us. Trust me this time they are taking is driving me nuts too. They haven’t contacted back anybody yet. 

2 hours ago, Josh327 said:

Nah I don’t think it makes sense. U already took 8611. Your name is ahead of that. I mean unless u feel like u gotta a really low score and didn’t do good on spa but they will get to us. Trust me this time they are taking is driving me nuts too. They haven’t contacted back anybody yet. 

Idunno bro something aint right rn 

1 hour ago, Richie95 said:

Idunno bro something aint right rn 

Guy said they were still hiring people from last exam so I guess they still clearing up that list then ya and they still aren’t in the best finicial state I think so I don’t think we will hear anything for a min tbh. It’s not like they gonna ignore us. Patience is a virtue. It has been a long time. 

On 4/3/2019 at 8:17 PM, Josh327 said:

Guy said they were still hiring people from last exam so I guess they still clearing up that list then ya and they still aren’t in the best finicial state I think so I don’t think we will hear anything for a min tbh. It’s not like they gonna ignore us. Patience is a virtue. It has been a long time. 

Helper exam was taken down looks like they are frozen

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Josh327 said:

Just checking in if anybody heard anything 

Still nothing i took another exam and was asking questions supposedly they said theres no freeze they just gotta certify our exam and get back to us 1-2 years the person said lmao

Still nothing i took another exam and was asking questions supposedly they said theres no freeze they just gotta certify our exam and get back to us 1-2 years the person said lmao

1-2 years wow smh. That’s unbelievable. I wouldn’t believe it off rip , I hope that can’t be true. It never took that long before 

A mta staff said that ? 

8 minutes ago, Josh327 said:

A mta staff said that ? 

Yeah one of those test instructors i asked her.. who knows i doubt anyone really knows besides guys in livingston, my friend from dsny said dsny having a freeze after the class in april who knows it may be a citywide thing