Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

1 hour ago, BkNRNW said:

Hopefully we will be in first set of classes if all goes good but im more worried about med holds cause guys on the forum say they put you on med hold for any little thing..which in returns slows your process down which sucks cause now you have to call your doc to book a appointment then getting cleared and bring paper work back could be a couple weeks depending on your docs schedule.

What's the difference between first set and second and etc?

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Josh327 said:

Some classes start earlier and get people off list , some classes start later when needed. Just a difference of when you start. 

I understand that. I thought you could take a better place or have a better position somewhere.....but it only times. Honestly guys I'm not in rush, the later they call me off the better will be for me....gotta finish my project in current job ( don't want leave in the middle). Need like a month and a half.  I think I'm not alone.  

3 hours ago, Sam26 said:

I understand that. I thought you could take a better place or have a better position somewhere.....but it only times. Honestly guys I'm not in rush, the later they call me off the better will be for me....gotta finish my project in current job ( don't want leave in the middle). Need like a month and a half.  I think I'm not alone.  

I agree i have a small family vacation planned in july but if they call befor that i would have to scratch that off my to do list.

1 hour ago, Sam26 said:

Just received a letter from MTA transit.  Saying about exam and the score . List #  and etc

i received one also does that mean our pre-employment stuff was sufficient or is that just a polite way of saying"hey chill out and wait some more"

19 minutes ago, nyczrem said:

i received one also does that mean our pre-employment stuff was sufficient or is that just a polite way of saying"hey chill out and wait some more"

I got one too. Doesn’t mean anything lol just telling us stuff we already know. They just wanted to get our hopes up. 

What's up guys. First time posting. List number 7X but just took the SPA exam this past weekend ( missed out on the November exam). Does any body have an idea what's the highest number that received a pre-employment packet ? called MTA and I'm getting different answer's as to when i should receive something. Is anybody here on the job and know what shifts they have ? Thanks in advance. 

5 hours ago, Jnbklyn said:

Me and a coworker got our medicals already and we start Monday. We were below 100 on the list. 

Really so your class date starts Monday ? And when did you do your medical ? You are doing elevators ? 

5 hours ago, Jnbklyn said:

Me and a coworker got our medicals already and we start Monday. We were below 100 on the list. 

Can u keep us informed if you know if they bringing in more people or anything that’s beneficial to us like when the next class starts 

4 hours ago, nyc27 said:

What's up guys. First time posting. List number 7X but just took the SPA exam this past weekend ( missed out on the November exam). Does any body have an idea what's the highest number that received a pre-employment packet ? called MTA and I'm getting different answer's as to when i should receive something. Is anybody here on the job and know what shifts they have ? Thanks in advance. 

You took the spa exam kind of late. I think you should be hearing something soon. Seems like they are dealing with everything now. 

6 hours ago, Jnbklyn said:

Congrats guys. It was fast for you.  How many people are in ur group? 

5 hours ago, Sam26 said:

I think that was misunderstanding.  No one starts on Monday.  

Why do you say that ?

DCAS has it posted that Transit has/had 40 vacancies for TEH. So my educated guess would say the first 40 candidates have already been hired (unless they turned down the offer and they went to the next candidate on the list) .. they probably started training or will start training in the near future. 

Considering the fact that only 720 applicants passed Exam #8611, I would say they will go throw the list very quickly.

Now it makes sense why they released another TEH after 8611.. 720 candidates is probably not enough to disperse into 8 different Maintenance departments. 

Not surprised if some actually started Monday. They probably are right if they said they took medical already and start Monday. Wouldn’t say they were wrong. 

14 minutes ago, MaxFever said:

Considering the fact that only 720 applicants passed Exam #8611, I would say they will go throw the list very quickly.

Now it makes sense why they released another TEH after 8611.. 720 candidates is probably not enough to disperse into 8 different Maintenance departments. 

I think they always come out with one every year. 720 isn’t that many people tho compared to other exams before us.  I  think more people passed in previous ones.

Does anyone know if we qualify to take the promotional exam for elevator and escalator maintainer if we happen to get on before the exam is given ? Also, anybody have an idea on the shifts that are given for TEH ? 

12 hours ago, nyc27 said:

Does anyone know if we qualify to take the promotional exam for elevator and escalator maintainer if we happen to get on before the exam is given ? Also, anybody have an idea on the shifts that are given for TEH ? 

Must be permanent opposed to provisional TEH