Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Dordonez18 said:

wait... so they are still calling people based on list order ? Also are phone calls getting made instead of letters being sent out ? 

1st Premployment Appointment invitation is received by an actual physical letter in the mail, followed by a possible phone call, text and/or email. 

2nd Premployment Appointment invitation is received primarily by an Email and followed by a phone call. 

5 hours ago, Oxl6665 said:

I feel the same way also I check my phone every 5 minutes to see if I get a text or call

Nothing to be upset about, previous generation candidates would sometimes wait years to be called for premployment. 

Exam 8611 was taken by candidates only a year ago, those who passed are lucky that they started calling for premployment so soon. 

Not to mention it's only been a little over a month since they started calling for premployment and they are already half way thru the list. 

Continue living and breathing, everyone will get an opportunity. 

1 hour ago, MaxFever said:

Nothing to be upset about, previous generation candidates would sometimes wait years to be called for premployment. 

Exam 8611 was taken by candidates only a year ago, those who passed are lucky that they started calling for premployment so soon. 

Not to mention it's only been a little over a month since they started calling for premployment and they are already half way thru the list. 

Continue living and breathing, everyone will get an opportunity. 

Wise words. I agree. Be patient. I know it’s sucks waiting. 

28 minutes ago, Sam26 said:

Mine is 33#. All day wasn't available.  Probably missed it 

That’s real close to mine. You probably will get called first thing next week if they don’t make phone calls on weekend. I’m not sure. I hope everyone gets called back soon. 

1 hour ago, Josh327 said:

Power meaning power distribution ? I’m in the July 15th class. I’m either going to one of the two. 

power and pd are different..i know Third Rail is under PD..Substations,Zones,Test,System Operations, Cables, and i think Repair are under Power

3 hours ago, GerardL said:

power and pd are different..i know Third Rail is under PD..Substations,Zones,Test,System Operations, Cables, and i think Repair are under Power

Oh okay. I didn’t know there were that many different branches under power. 

26 minutes ago, Sam26 said:

Got today a call. For Wednesday at 7.30 medical and etc.  For considering July 15 classes.  

Josh , how was medical? And was you invited for July 15 as well ? And you chose signals? Why?

I meant July 15th. Not July 8th. Medical was cool , got scared tho because they told me I failed my lung capacity test first time and had to redo it a second time but I passed. Still here now since 7. No specific reason why I choose signals over other. Signals make more than others tho and I’m sure it’s probaly more challenging but I don’t think it can be that tough. 

48 minutes ago, Josh327 said:

I meant July 15th. Not July 8th. Medical was cool , got scared tho because they told me I failed my lung capacity test first time and had to redo it a second time but I passed. Still here now since 7. No specific reason why I choose signals over other. Signals make more than others tho and I’m sure it’s probaly more challenging but I don’t think it can be that tough. 

helper in signals starts 50 cents lower than helper in Power..Lighting is a nice spot with a lot of OT but Signals always on the tracks and under the spotlight..also i think Signals, your 1st 6 months is school or something like that..good luck brotha

36 minutes ago, GerardL said:

helper in signals starts 50 cents lower than helper in Power..Lighting is a nice spot with a lot of OT but Signals always on the tracks and under the spotlight..also i think Signals, your 1st 6 months is school or something like that..good luck brotha

As far as maintainers. They start off at $37 and end at that. That’s they flat rate but light maintainers start at $30 and gotta work 6 years to get to $36/37. 

Lights is a sweet spot ,and EE ..signals helper is only flagging..boring or painting IJ..definitely in the spot light and as far as moving up to maintainer...school is 18 months off the street and 6 to 8 months coming as a helper...very great money but too much spotlight ..lighting I would of definitely took or EE

29 minutes ago, tprashad0719 said:

Lights is a sweet spot ,and EE ..signals helper is only flagging..boring or painting IJ..definitely in the spot light and as far as moving up to maintainer...school is 18 months off the street and 6 to 8 months coming as a helper...very great money but too much spotlight ..lighting I would of definitely took or EE

What do you mean by in the spotlight ? 

17 hours ago, Sam26 said:

Got today a call. For Wednesday at 7.30 medical and etc.  For considering July 15 classes.  

Josh , how was medical? And was you invited for July 15 as well ? And you chose signals? Why?

Congrats. We was just saying we didn’t get a call back now you got yours guess mine coming up soon after. Just here waiting.