Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

1 hour ago, Dordonez18 said:

For those who know, I’m around number 560 on the list, how long until I get called, also I have a friend who is near mid 300’s and got a call

Nobody really knows how long until they get called. U just would think as they get closer to your number on the list in terms of calling people , you should get called. But it’s mta so u never know. 

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/17/2019 at 10:46 AM, bkthingz said:

Who did you speak to about putting you into elevator? I was initially supposed to be in elevator but for some reason they changed me to power. I'm trying to get this situation all sorted out since that's initially why I took the job.

I just went to the front desk and told them my situation and they called someone in charge of hiring, I don't recall the name.  

23 hours ago, GerardL said:

Nope, BX is easy to go to. They’re actually shipping 6 helpers from BK days to BX Nights on the 30th. When you come in, Supervisor will usually ask where you want to go but in the end, the General Superintendent has the final say. Also it depends on your seniority within your class. Junior guys usually get sent to BX Nights. Your friend didn’t tell you all this? lol 

BK Days - Tues-Saturday 8am-4pm

BK Nights - 10pm-6am, not 100% sure if they’re off Sun Mon or Fri Sat

BX Days -  Sun-Thurs 8am-4pm

BX Nights - Sun- Thurs 10pm-6am..they start their week on Sunday Night for Monday

Thanks I appreciate it. 

7 hours ago, tprashad0719 said:

That's why i didnt take the job, it was good to be true to be in E and E, I wanted a position off the tracks 

Signals and Third Rail are all on the tracks. Cable Section is on the tracks but not directly. We work in the manholes in the walls of the tracks. And as a helper, you will most likely be flagging in all 3 that I named. Did you put your name back on the list?

I called HR Department yesterday to see what I had to do to switch, they told me to come in and talk to Hiring Manager.

So I went in and talked to the person who hired me, they said to talk to Michelle, she's incharge of all that. So I spoke to michelle and she said the only thing thats open right now is Power and sent me on my way home. 

Also, she was still making calls for people to come in so don't worry folks. 

1 hour ago, Chro said:

I called HR Department yesterday to see what I had to do to switch, they told me to come in and talk to Hiring Manager.

So I went in and talked to the person who hired me, they said to talk to Michelle, she's incharge of all that. So I spoke to michelle and she said the only thing thats open right now is Power and sent me on my way home. 

Also, she was still making calls for people to come in so don't worry folks. 

Damn so nobody else is going to E and E department ? That sucks. I was looking forward to E and E.  Hope I hear from her soon cause I’m getting impatient lol. When do u start ? 

1 minute ago, Josh327 said:

Damn so nobody else is going to E and E department ? That sucks. I was looking forward to E and E.  Hope I hear from her soon cause I’m getting impatient lol. When do u start ? 

I wanted to get in there also, they asked me to come in Thursday but i asked if i could come in Friday. I think if i went Thursday i could've gotten E&E but damn. I start this Monday, there's going to be a class the next Monday and so on and so forth. The guy behind me in the line starts on July 1st. There's alot of spots so no worries. 

4 minutes ago, Chro said:

I wanted to get in there also, they asked me to come in Thursday but i asked if i could come in Friday. I think if i went Thursday i could've gotten E&E but damn. I start this Monday, there's going to be a class the next Monday and so on and so forth. The guy behind me in the line starts on July 1st. There's alot of spots so no worries. 

So maybe in future , have to just see about a transfer if still interested in E and E. 

3 hours ago, Chro said:

Whats your list by any chance if you dont mind sharing ?

For those who are about to start, do you know when you'll be able to log onto the BSC?  

Have you also been able to order your work shoes?  I called HR and they said they would send the information to the company that they get shoes from on Monday.  It's Wednesday now and no progress. 

14 minutes ago, Onthetens said:

Just got a call and email to come in tomorrow carefully labeled as Trans electrical helper. Not E&E as before. For consideration of the July 15th class. Anyone inside know what’s that class? I hope not signals. I want E&E

Whats ur list? 

12 minutes ago, Onthetens said:

Just got a call and email to come in tomorrow carefully labeled as Trans electrical helper. Not E&E as before. For consideration of the July 15th class. Anyone inside know what’s that class? I hope not signals. I want E&E

Congrats. What’s your list number if you don’t mind me asking. Hope I can get a call back soon also. If it’s not E&E you can still accept an wait to get a transfer. 

1 hour ago, Onthetens said:

Congrats. What’s your list 

8 hours ago, Hejazi A said:

For those who are about to start, do you know when you'll be able to log onto the BSC?  

Have you also been able to order your work shoes?  I called HR and they said they would send the information to the company that they get shoes from on Monday.  It's Wednesday now and no progress. 

You can log on now, the green paper they gave you has the info. The BSC# is just your emploee #.

2 hours ago, Onthetens said:

It's most likely going to be Power but do keep us updated!