Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

18 hours ago, Chro said:

Welp. I knew it was going to happen. Just got told I'm getting Cable along with 3 others. 

*Inset Sad Face Here*

Bro, it’s better than not being hired. Go forth And prosper. Hoping to get the call soon. I’m in the low 400s but I had also signed up for the next exam.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/18/2019 at 11:18 AM, tprashad0719 said:

That's why i didnt take the job, it was good to be true to be in E and E, I wanted a position off the tracks 

I was reading over the forum.   Just a question for **tprashad0719** - U was called off but turned it down ? You went for a 2nd pre-employment procedure and see that they put you not in E&E? 

On 7/3/2019 at 5:12 PM, Chro said:

Welp. I knew it was going to happen. Just got told I'm getting Cable along with 3 others. 

*Inset Sad Face Here*

lol..idk why all you guys think cable is so bad..its really not. ive been there since April 2018, made decent money as a helper, got my CDL, get half hour OT everyday by coming in early to inspect my truck, got promoted at 1 year, and the work really isn’t that labor intensive. im not going to go into detail about my day but trust me, its really not that bad. ill guarantee that you were working harder with your current jobs than you will here. What is your start date?

1 hour ago, GerardL said:

lol..idk why all you guys think cable is so bad..its really not. ive been there since April 2018, made decent money as a helper, got my CDL, get half hour OT everyday by coming in early to inspect my truck, got promoted at 1 year, and the work really isn’t that labor intensive. im not going to go into detail about my day but trust me, its really not that bad. ill guarantee that you were working harder with your current jobs than you will here. What is your start date?

I was told I should go on the 8th but they later came back and said the 15th. I am going to ask just to make sure. Have to go to Atlantic to get location, hopefully the bronx. 

And Idk man, I barely did anything in my previous job. I'm going to file my transfer first day but If i decide i like it then i'll definitely stay. My buddy in the cable section said he filed his 170 the first day but he liked it there so he decided to stay. The power school guys said that Helpers mainly drive, even in the other sections (SO/Zones). 

47 minutes ago, Chro said:

I was told I should go on the 8th but they later came back and said the 15th. I am going to ask just to make sure. Have to go to Atlantic to get location, hopefully the bronx. 

And Idk man, I barely did anything in my previous job. I'm going to file my transfer first day but If i decide i like it then i'll definitely stay. My buddy in the cable section said he filed his 170 the first day but he liked it there so he decided to stay. The power school guys said that Helpers mainly drive, even in the other sections (SO/Zones). 

So the week of the 22nd you’ll come to Atlantic. That’s where im at..BK days..i dont think youll have an issue getting bronx but it will probably be nights. Helpers in Cable don’t drive unless they have CDL. its a 2 week class but it takes a while to go to that class and its up to office who is gonna go. SO and Zones, don’t need a CDL. As for your transfer, you can put it in but it will be at least several months before they honor any transfers. Your buddy is in Locust Night right?

Just now, GerardL said:

So the week of the 22nd you’ll come to Atlantic. That’s where im at..BK days..i dont think youll have an issue getting bronx but it will probably be nights. Helpers in Cable don’t drive unless they have CDL. its a 2 week class but it takes a while to go to that class and its up to office who is gonna go. SO and Zones, don’t need a CDL. As for your transfer, you can put it in but it will be at least several months before they honor any transfers. Your buddy is in Locust Night right?

Yeah, BX Nights. Why the 22nd lol? They said 15th but who knows honestly. The teachers told me helpers in SO/Zones don't drive trucks. They drive SUVs and what not. Don't need a CDL. Idm getting a CDL for cable but i hate driving big ass cars in nyc. 

2 minutes ago, Chro said:

Yeah, BX Nights. Why the 22nd lol? They said 15th but who knows honestly. The teachers told me helpers in SO/Zones don't drive trucks. They drive SUVs and what not. Don't need a CDL. Idm getting a CDL for cable but i hate driving big ass cars in nyc. 

You in class already at 53rd? I thought you were starting first day like at 130 on the 15th. The supervisors and office guys will be there on the 15th but all the helpers and maintainers are off. The last group that came in stayed in BK until they were all qualified and then got shipped to Locust. About 5 months. Not sure if they will do the same with 3 guys. BK days only has 3 helpers that aren’t drivers and they will probably be promoted soon. When did your friend start in Cable?

24 minutes ago, GerardL said:

You in class already at 53rd? I thought you were starting first day like at 130 on the 15th. The supervisors and office guys will be there on the 15th but all the helpers and maintainers are off. The last group that came in stayed in BK until they were all qualified and then got shipped to Locust. About 5 months. Not sure if they will do the same with 3 guys. BK days only has 3 helpers that aren’t drivers and they will probably be promoted soon. When did your friend start in Cable?

I'm at 53rd Yes. Started on the 24th. Me and 3 other guys coming into cable. My friend started last year july or something like that. The power school dudes said that cable in BX was looking for a driver so who knows. 

9 hours ago, Chro said:

I'm at 53rd Yes. Started on the 24th. Me and 3 other guys coming into cable. My friend started last year july or something like that. The power school dudes said that cable in BX was looking for a driver so who knows. 

BX always needs drivers lol..they just got 6 helpers and sent one of their drivers to BK..those 6 obviously would go for driving school before you..wonder why youre doing 3 weeks before coming...you doing Fire Prevention or Right to Know? 

9 hours ago, GerardL said:

BX always needs drivers lol..they just got 6 helpers and sent one of their drivers to BK..those 6 obviously would go for driving school before you..wonder why youre doing 3 weeks before coming...you doing Fire Prevention or Right to Know? 

Not really sure what's going on lol.

We did Right to Know last week. Track training is on thursday/friday. 

4 hours ago, Chro said:

Not really sure what's going on lol.

We did Right to Know last week. Track training is on thursday/friday. 

i think what they’re doing is getting you basic qualifications..my first two weeks i did track safety, right to know, and fire evac/safety. so i believe your first day will be at Atlantic and next day or that night if youre nights, youll go to your spot. i think 3 of you will go locust night and 1 will stay bk days. 

i think what they’re doing is getting you basic qualifications..my first two weeks i did track safety, right to know, and fire evac/safety. so i believe your first day will be at Atlantic and next day or that night if youre nights, youll go to your spot. i think 3 of you will go locust night and 1 will stay bk days. 

As long as I can get Locust i'll be happy at this point lol Go chill with my buddy.

12 hours ago, Chro said:

As long as I can get Locust i'll be happy at this point lol Go chill with my buddy.

Pretty sure I know who your buddy is by you saying put in 170 1st day..was a little upset that he had to go to BX lol

Pretty sure I know who your buddy is by you saying put in 170 1st day..was a little upset that he had to go to BX lol

Lol. Well now you know (y) Got all my cable info from him. He said it was the best job hes ever had. 

On 5/21/2019 at 1:26 PM, tprashad0719 said:

I'm 5xx

5xx and get call already  that is very nice ... by chance you Kno what number they reach on the list by now..... Plz don't leave us with out the update about list number the reach on the list plz thanks in advance 

4 hours ago, 98vice said:

5xx and get call already  that is very nice ... by chance you Kno what number they reach on the list by now..... Plz don't leave us with out the update about list number the reach on the list plz thanks in advance 

I think they are in higher 300’s range on list. Some ppl in here are in the 400’s and haven’t got a call so they didn’t reach up to there yet I’m guessing 

56 minutes ago, Josh327 said:

I think they are in higher 300’s range on list. Some ppl in here are in the 400’s and haven’t got a call so they didn’t reach up to there yet I’m guessing 

Thank you  josh327 for  the information ....and congrats to all who get call

On 7/7/2019 at 6:22 AM, 98vice said:

Early on in a chat in the forum someone said the are  eight (8) maintenance department in MTA will anyone will like to name them or part of  ..... Thanks in advance for anyone reply 

Signals, Elevator & Escalator, Power, Power Distribution, Lighting, Telephone, Infrastructure..cant think of another one

14 minutes ago, GerardL said:

Signals, Elevator & Escalator, Power, Power Distribution, Lighting, Telephone, Infrastructure..cant think of another one

Anyone else receive a call back or heard when the next set of calls will be placed.