Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, 98vice said:

Anyone know how many people or person  the  classes  comprised of and how long the training  for any of these maintenance departments?????

it all depends on how many people they call and what section you go to..class sizes are different all the time..it seems initial training last 3 weeks now for my section at least (Power Cables)..for Cable, you have to do additional training..Flagging is 2 weeks, Respirator is 1 day, Confined Space is 3 days, and Asbestos is 1 week but not necessary to work in the field..

27 minutes ago, GerardL said:

it all depends on how many people they call and what section you go to..class sizes are different all the time..it seems initial training last 3 weeks now for my section at least (Power Cables)..for Cable, you have to do additional training..Flagging is 2 weeks, Respirator is 1 day, Confined Space is 3 days, and Asbestos is 1 week but not necessary to work in the field..

So many of  these maintenance departments under staff meaning not enough man power or what ???

53 minutes ago, 98vice said:

So many of  these maintenance departments under staff meaning not enough man power or what ???

couldnt tell you..where im at theres 34 maintainers and 10 helpers and cable section still has BK Nights and Bronx Days/Nights

40 minutes ago, GerardL said:

couldnt tell you..where im at theres 34 maintainers and 10 helpers and cable section still has BK Nights and Bronx Days/Nights

Thank again for the information and  keeping it real .......and  put some hope in  those like myself who hasn't get the call as yet from exam 8611

9 hours ago, 98vice said:

Thank again for the information and  keeping it real .......and  put some hope in  those like myself who hasn't get the call as yet from exam 8611

Blessed morning to 8611 forum and update what number they reach on the list

On 7/9/2019 at 1:01 PM, 98vice said:

Okay cool thanks for the heads up

Blessed morning ...... Anyone who recently get employment from  exam 8611  will like to share any information on how the classes or the training  going thus  far ..thanks in advance and have a blessed day to one and  to all 

On 11/3/2017 at 8:43 AM, tprashad0719 said:

that vision test is a bitch

On 7/11/2019 at 7:06 AM, 98vice said:

Blessed morning ...... Anyone who recently get employment from  exam 8611  will like to share any information on how the classes or the training  going thus  far ..thanks in advance and have a blessed day to one and  to all 

GD day.....  no information on classes or training yet ??????

Hey just a question the application states that we need to meet education or experience requirement so my question is I don’t have any experience but I do meet the education requirement with having the associates in electrical so am I qualified to take the test. I applied to the exam that’s being given out this August 

5 hours ago, Kad96 said:

And also does anyone know what type of questions that the transit electrical helper exam has is it like any other mta exam like the bus operator/track worker exam. 

I am not sure if the associate degree counts but you can always call up 180 Livingston HR and Ask. I didn't have experience but I had a bachelor (at the time of the test I only had an ASS but they never asked for proof or anything) .

The test was easy, there were maybe 2 or 3 electrical questions (Simple Ohms Law and Power question, the formulas were given) and the rest was all comprehensions. They give you like a brief short story and then ask you a question about it, mostly safety stuff. 

On 7/12/2019 at 10:54 AM, 98vice said:

GD day.....  no information on classes or training yet ??????

GD day.... all the best to those who did exam 8611 and  starting classes and training on Monday 15th July 2019 good luck and keep us posted how things are going thank in advance for your assistance

Guess nobody new receive any call since the last batch of calls were made like 2 weeks ago. just want to say congrats to all who's going in tomorrow for training. you guys are to lucky few who get to start early. just keep us all update about the process an if you hear anything about when will next set of call will be made will be appreciated.  enjoy guys.

21 hours ago, Oxl6665 said:

Guess nobody new receive any call since the last batch of calls were made like 2 weeks ago. just want to say congrats to all who's going in tomorrow for training. you guys are to lucky few who get to start early. just keep us all update about the process an if you hear anything about when will next set of call will be made will be appreciated.  enjoy guys.

Thank you.  Was today there. About 40 people in for TEH. 70% signal, other power and power distribution. Was asking around.  Somebody got called in last week for a class on July 15. 

19 minutes ago, Sam26 said:

Thank you.  Was today there. About 40 people in for TEH. 70% signal, other power and power distribution. Was asking around.  Somebody got called in last week for a class on July 15. 

@Sam26Ok kool. I hope I get called in for the next batch of call thats going to be made. You guys keep enjoying you’ll selves an keep us posted. Happy for you guys. 

1 hour ago, Sam26 said:

So how much  person  per class if you and long the training going for ???

16 hours ago, 98vice said:

there is no set number for a class. it could be 3,10,40, or 100..it depends on what section needs what..and training im sure is different for each section..impossible to figure out unless you speak to someone from that section..

1 hour ago, GerardL said:

there is no set number for a class. it could be 3,10,40, or 100..it depends on what section needs what..and training im sure is different for each section..impossible to figure out unless you speak to someone from that section..

Thanks again GerardL.......and keep the updates coming ..... thanks  in advance

23 hours ago, 98vice said:

It depends.  And the management only knows that I guess.   Signal training will be about 2 weeks.