The Official Bee-Line Thread

Lawrence St

On 11/19/2022 at 8:43 AM, Transit Enthusiast said:

The end of an era for 40-Foot Orion Vs with Rear Doors in the Bronx as well, that dates back to 1993 (including MTA's units).

It's incredible how much Bee-Line's Fleet transitioned between January and now.

least we still got the 100s and 800s...

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my before-redesign suggested changes that should be done:

1C: Eliminate the alteration between trips ending at WCC and WMC.

6: Select Off-peak service would be extended from White Plains to Valhalla RR Station.

7: Eliminate the New Rochelle tour on eastbound trips.

14: On trips with the lowest ridership on the Verplank section, convert those to skip Verplank.

15: Add more trips operating only between Peekskill & Yorktown, except northbound service would skip Cortlandt Town Center.

19: Add Sunday Service. 

30: Straighten the 30 in New Rochelle.

On 11/30/2022 at 2:19 PM, Lawrence St said:

Here is my before-redesign suggested changes that should be done:

1C: Eliminate the alteration between trips ending at WCC and WMC.

Alright, so then what? Should all trips should end at WCC? Or WMC?

6: Select Off-peak service would be extended from White Plains to Valhalla RR Station.

Hourly service is good enough for service past White Plains.

7: Eliminate the New Rochelle tour on eastbound trips.

So, Lincoln > North > to the RR station? Yeah, it may end up coming to that.....

14: On trips with the lowest ridership on the Verplank section, convert those to skip Verplank.

Judging by your prior posts, you just don't think the thing should serve Verplanck in general... I mean all things considered, I don't see that course through Verplanck as some issue....

15: Add more trips operating only between Peekskill & Yorktown, except northbound service would skip Cortlandt Town Center

Nothing should be skipping Cortlandt Town Center.

19: Add Sunday Service. 

Unwarranted.

30: Straighten the 30 in New Rochelle.

With the BL-7 snatching up the lion's share of the usage b/w Yonkers & New Roc', the BL-30 could use whatever ridership it can get... 

Edited by B35 via Church
post layout

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Alright, so then what? Should all trips should end at WCC? Or WMC?

WCC

Hourly service is good enough for service past White Plains.

I don't think so, I always see a ton of people waiting at EJ Conroy for service.

So, Lincoln > North > to the RR station? Yeah, it may end up coming to that.....

Yup.

Judging by your prior posts, you just don't think the thing should serve Verplanck in general... I mean all things considered, I don't see that course through Verplanck as some issue....

Verplanck or Croton. In this particular instance I meant Croton.

Nothing should be skipping Cortlandt Town Center.

Northbound 15 service can skip the Town Center because that just adds an additional 7 minutes for no reason. There's the 16 and 14 for alternate service.

Unwarranted.

Wow.

With the BL-7 snatching up the lion's share of the usage b/w Yonkers & New Roc', the BL-30 could use whatever ridership it can get... 

Replies in bold.

49 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I don't think so, I always see a ton of people waiting at EJ Conroy for service.

That doesn't tell me much of anything... It certainly doesn't tell me that more BL-6's to Valhalla specifically is necessary.

You make too many of your points based off anomalies; and that's giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Verplanck or Croton. In this particular instance I meant Croton.

Lol.... Nice pivot.

Still don't think BL-14's should be skipping Croton either.

Northbound 15 service can skip the Town Center because that just adds an additional 7 minutes for no reason. There's the 16 and 14 for alternate service.

Cortlandt Town Center is a ridership generator in Northern Westchester.... The amount of ridership generators in that part of the county are scarce... The BL-15 isn't exactly blossoming with ridership to where it can afford to be skipping ridership generators up in suburbia (regardless of the time it takes in the meandering around to serve those 2 stops).... If Yorktown Hgts. residents want a straight shot to Peekskill, they can drive there, have someone drive there, or get a cab - but there isn't remotely an amount of demand that would (or should) have Bee-Line throwing buses at the BL-15 to have them run b/w Yorktown Hgts. & Peekskill, to have those same buses skipping Cortlandt Town Center.

Wow.

Wow, as in you're shocked that the BL-19 doesn't need Sunday service? Lucky the thing even gets Saturday service.

5 hours ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

I thought it would never get fixed, looking at that front end damage it sustained. MAJOR props to New Flyer for NOT scrapping it, and taking their time to fix it.

It’s not New Flyer, it’s Westchester County and their insurance provider.

350 has an all brand new front.