The Official Bee-Line Thread

Lawrence St

2 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Actually the BxM4C was created from the franchise agreement WITH the BxM4 from when Liberty Lines ran it. Hence why there was a BxM4A, BxM4B, BxM4C and BxM4D. When MTA took over, the 4C wasn’t included because it wasn’t out of Liberty Lines Express, which then became funded differently.

Right, which is my point.  The line is losing money & Bee Line doesn't want to subsidize it any more than what it is.  They would prefer that people take Metro-North. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

First, they need to fix the fare on the 4C. There is no reason an express bus, which is a franchise of the BxM4, should be charging a HIGHER fare then regular express buses, and with no transfers at that. 

Second, they need to focus the 4C on where the ridership is the most, which is between McClean Ave & Fort Hill Road. All that wasted mileage between Fort Hill Road & Route 119 is unnecessary.

Absolutely agree. Isn't the current fare model: Free transfer when transferring to a local route and then full fare required on both segements when transferring from local to the 4C? This alone would keep me away.

23 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Actually the BxM4C was created from the franchise agreement WITH the BxM4 from when Liberty Lines ran it. Hence why there was a BxM4A, BxM4B, BxM4C and BxM4D. When MTA took over, the 4C wasn’t included because it wasn’t out of Liberty Lines Express, which then became funded differently.

It is called piggybacking. It prevented Conrail & Metro-North from screwing with buses in Manhattan by getting them kicked off of 5th and Madison. There was a North Westchester express bus service on I-684 and that service got forced onto 2nd and 3rd Avenues to decrease its appeal.

Since getting a new franchise was such a pain in the neck, piggybacking was used whenever possible to add new city franchise services.

13 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

628, 689, 692-693 retired (down to 12 orions)

444 is now active (up to 94 XDE40's)

12 hours ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

I don't see them making it out of October at this rate.

Also, 675, and 694 are now owned by private owners who works for DASH back in VA. They bought them yesterday. 

Is 204 also retired or that's still active?

Edited by DCTransitFilms

6 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Also, 675, and 694 are now owned by private owners who works for DASH back in VA. They bought them yesterday. 

Is 204 also retired or that's still active?

Everyone loves these Orion Vs apparently! DASH retired the last of their similar sounding units earlier this year. And #204 is still shown as Active on the roster even though it hasn't run since October 21st.

5 minutes ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

Everyone loves these Orion Vs apparently! DASH retired the last of their similar sounding units earlier this year. And #204 is still shown as Active on the roster even though it hasn't run since October 21st.

Yeah I was there at the DASH retirement. Love them Orions

Plus I never expected the Orion VII HEVs to retire now (though already are 16 years old)

1 hour ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

204 is rumored to be doing one last run sometime this week for an operator who loves them. 

On 10/25/2022 at 9:18 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

pretty much...

If I’m being honest, it kind of ruins it for everyone else since everyone has one and it’s not a “rarity” anymore. And then you have the nitwit running around with a disgusting NSFW logo on their sign in broad daylight.