The Official Bee-Line Thread

Lawrence St

On 7/22/2023 at 9:39 AM, 40 to 241st said:

I think that PTLA would like take over they already have control over 3 routes that are going to be deleted. When (MTA) did operations in Nassau County it did not go well so I don’t think they should take over I don’t know why people want (MTA) to take over so badly . I could see transdev doing as they have operate some bus companies in  rockland county. I don’t see what coach USA would want with westchester county maybe the they would take over some of the northern westchester  routes

(MTA) takeover would be the worse of both world

High cost and less service. I rather someone else does it and hand the contract out through a competitive bid

It’s a shame, Liberty Lines ran a great operation in Westchester. Well maintained buses and good service

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/22/2023 at 1:07 AM, RSMG106 said:

According to an employee at Bee-Line, there is a possibility that Bee-Line may switch operators. Turns out that Liberty Lines Transit doesn't want to be involved with Westchester County anymore. If it is possible, then either PTLA Enterprise (W16, W18, and W31), Coach USA, Transdev, or the (MTA)could take over Westchester county's bus system.

Bee-Line wants to competitively bid the routes, but Liberty says it owns most of the routes and must be compensated. 

In theory, Bee-Line could go nuclear and change the route system enough to say it is theirs, but I think they will eventually write the check.

9 hours ago, JAzumah said:

Bee-Line wants to competitively bid the routes, but Liberty says it owns most of the routes and must be compensated. 

In theory, Bee-Line could go nuclear and change the route system enough to say it is theirs, but I think they will eventually write the check.

There already redesigning there routes

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, after a few life events I've decided to come back to try to get my CDL B license to get into this company. Are they still in need of drivers asap? I'm hoping to take my test and start driving lessons soon. 

BTW, seems like the liberty lines website has been down for a few days now which sucks because i wanted to go and read up a bit more about the company. 

On 8/21/2023 at 12:40 PM, JAzumah said:

Could you share the details about this? That link points to a portal requiring credentials. Thanks! Never mind, didn't realize I could create an account. Thanks for sharing

Edited by 40MntVrn
Confirmed access

8 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

So I rode the 12 yesterday on 6 trips. Two “via all buisness parks” and then the regular route.

The 12 trips via buisness parks are a complete waste of time. Nobody got on or off at any of those stops. The trips to Armonk past 7 PM should end at County Airport.

Ever since they cut the route back from JVM (which is more or less a ghost town now ), I've lost interest in wanting to fan that route....

On 9/9/2023 at 9:34 PM, Lawrence St said:

So I rode the 12 yesterday on 6 trips. Two “via all buisness parks” and then the regular route.

The 12 trips via buisness parks are a complete waste of time. Nobody got on or off at any of those stops. The trips to Armonk past 7 PM should end at County Airport.

From an Urban Design, the 'business parks' segment isn't enticing at all. The bus intervals only support typical working hours and there are so many easily accessible highways. The promise is there but it would require WDOT to try something different.

7 hours ago, 40MntVrn said:

From an Urban Design, the 'business parks' segment isn't enticing at all. The bus intervals only support typical working hours and there are so many easily accessible highways. The promise is there but it would require WDOT to try something different.

None of them are, which is why I'm surprised they even keep these trips running. Back when I took Bee-Line, I took the 12 maybe 3 or 4 times a week. Those trips carried air and it was such a waste.

On 9/9/2023 at 11:57 PM, Lawrence St said:

Don’t get me wrong it’s a very fun route, but they should have re-extended service to at least Mt Kisco.

Not anymore for me, it isn't.

My favorite part of the old BL-12 was always that stint north of downtown Armonk (beginning from when it turned off Main st onto Armonk rd), on up to JVM..... May be dreary to some, but I loved the scenery along Armonk rd...... The ride in/out of the colleges were okay-ish to me, but TBH, I never really cared for the ride through the airport on the BL-12.... Same way I feel about the ride on the S57 (Suffolk county) through LI MacArthur..... What I do kind of miss from a fanning perspective (in a torturous kind of way... lol) is back when buses actually served every terminal inside JFK... But yeah, when they cut the BL-12 to Armonk, I just didn't care to want to fan it anymore.

5 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Not anymore for me, it isn't.

My favorite part of the old BL-12 was always that stint north of downtown Armonk (beginning from when it turned off Main st onto Armonk rd), on up to JVM..... May be dreary to some, but I loved the scenery along Armonk rd...... The ride in/out of the colleges were okay-ish to me, but TBH, I never really cared for the ride through the airport on the BL-12.... Same way I feel about the ride on the S57 (Suffolk county) through LI MacArthur..... What I do kind of miss from a fanning perspective (in a torturous kind of way... lol) is back when buses actually served every terminal inside JFK... But yeah, when they cut the BL-12 to Armonk, I just didn't care to want to fan it anymore.

See I always felt north of Armonk it felt like we were in the middle of nowhere with all the woods lol. I’ve also had drivers forget to turn on seven bridges road and not realize for a few miles lol.

32 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

See I always felt north of Armonk it felt like we were in the middle of nowhere with all the woods lol. I’ve also had drivers forget to turn on seven bridges road and not realize for a few miles lol.

Yup, I've also had that very thing happen before!! Never complained or got irritated though, because on Saturdays way back when, all it meant was a shorter wait at JVM for the BL-16 :lol:

8 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Yup, I've also had that very thing happen before!! Never complained or got irritated though, because on Saturdays way back when, all it meant was a shorter wait at JVM for the BL-16 :lol:

Never understood the appeal for the BL-16 honestly. The BL-31 is a waste (considering its split off from the BL-18) .

22 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Appeal in terms of what? It's existence in the network? The route is definitely needed.....

And yet it’s getting axed in the re-design 😂😂. I’ve asked people if they even knew a redesign was happening and most of them said “what’s a redesign”?

27 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

And yet it’s getting axed in the re-design 😂😂. I’ve asked people if they even knew a redesign was happening and most of them said “what’s a redesign”?

Yes, because routes getting cut & riders being unaware of it is so comical.....

1 minute ago, B35 via Church said:

1 minute ago, B35 via Church said:

It's not. It's deeply concerning. My home route, the BL-32 is getting cut and no one seems to realize. I've had to resort to telling them to write in and to not get it axed.