The Official Bee-Line Thread

Lawrence St

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had some ideas for the current network, let me know what you all think:

BxM4C:

Discontinue service north of Fort Hill Road due to low ridership.

Discontinue the stop at Tuckahoe Rd and use the underpass.

Discontinue the stop at 5th Av/23rd St and relocate the stop to 23rd St/Madison Ave or end service at 5th Ave/27th St.

1C:

Discontinue service along Bradhurst Ave due to low ridership.

8:

Extend service into Eastchester Square.

12:

Extend the route back to Mt. Kisco, arriving in connection with the 19, but don't restore any stops along Armonk Rd (except for ones in Mt Kisco and Armonk).

Discontinue service in SUNY & Manhattanville and relocate bus stops outside the campus.

14:

Discontinue service via Elmsford Square, instead rerouting service via Hillside Ave.

40/41:

Discontinue service along Hillside Ave, instead rerouting service via Elmsford Square (via Route 14). 

Route 41 service continues via Hillside Ave.

Discontinue service to Ruth Taylor, instead buses will end in the Oval Loop.

45:

Discontinue the Downtown Loop in New Rochelle. Instead, buses will operate across North Ave to reach Franklin Ave

60:

Trips ending in New Rochelle will instead operate via the 61 into the Intermodal Center.

I'm curious of the general opinion regarding the BxM4C. In recent years, I've always though there is immense opportunity with this route if sufficient changes were made to sync with ridership patterns.

Is the frequency of the route the main deterrent? If the route had branches along other popular corridors, thus providing a 1 seat ride, could that in theory make the route more appealing?

3 hours ago, 40MntVrn said:

I'm curious of the general opinion regarding the BxM4C. In recent years, I've always though there is immense opportunity with this route if sufficient changes were made to sync with ridership patterns.

Is the frequency of the route the main deterrent? If the route had branches along other popular corridors, thus providing a 1 seat ride, could that in theory make the route more appealing?

I'd honestly consider the fare (which is entirely separate from anything else) and stubbing outside of Downtown White Plains to be far more damning than the frequency or lack of branches.

15 hours ago, 40MntVrn said:

The span is the main deterrent, the fare is the icing on the cake.... I don't see branches making much of a difference in increasing the route's popularity.

Edited by B35 via Church

23 hours ago, 40MntVrn said:

First, they need to fix the fare on the 4C. There is no reason an express bus, which is a franchise of the BxM4, should be charging a HIGHER fare then regular express buses, and with no transfers at that. 

Second, they need to focus the 4C on where the ridership is the most, which is between McClean Ave & Fort Hill Road. All that wasted mileage between Fort Hill Road & Route 119 is unnecessary.

1 minute ago, Lawrence St said:

First, they need to fix the fare on the 4C. There is no reason an express bus, which is a franchise of the BxM4, should be charging a HIGHER fare then regular express buses, and with no transfers at that. 

Second, they need to focus the 4C on where the ridership is the most, which is between McClean Ave & Fort Hill Road. All that wasted mileage between Fort Hill Road & Route 119 is unnecessary.

The BxM4C has NOTHING to do with the BxM4.  The BxM4C is run under Bee-Line and funded differently than the BxM4, run under (MTA) Bus.

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The BxM4C has NOTHING to do with the BxM4.  The BxM4C is run under Bee-Line and funded differently than the BxM4, run under (MTA) Bus.

Actually the BxM4C was created from the franchise agreement WITH the BxM4 from when Liberty Lines ran it. Hence why there was a BxM4A, BxM4B, BxM4C and BxM4D. When MTA took over, the 4C wasn’t included because it wasn’t out of Liberty Lines Express, which then became funded differently.