Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

On 10/4/2021 at 10:38 PM, yungfeenxm23 said:

Any company hiring at the moment including the one your with? I’m Looking to gain experience on the road with CDL B before I get called for the interview. 

Yes, hiring and they will train you and take you on the road test to get your CDL B. DM  me

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/5/2021 at 7:15 AM, +Young+ said:

As per the guidelines, if we can stay on-topic, it would be appreciated. If you're looking for experience, consider looking at this thread/topic.

In addition, just to add my two cents, if you do not have the School Bus "S" endorsement, and you live in Queens, there is a Coach Bus Company out of Nassau and Suffolk County which is also looking to hire drivers. For more information, send me a Private Message (PM) and we'll take it from there.

Awesome thanks @+Young+ will stick to the guidelines of the forum as well. 

On 9/23/2021 at 10:49 AM, dman1455 said:

List established as of 9/8/21, I did better then I thought, list number 5x.

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/widgets/vx8i-nprf?mobile_redirect=true

Guys I have a question and is, do I have to wait until they reach my # on the list to get call for hiring even though I already have my CDL B with all my endorsements??? 

BTW I’m # 2,390

On 10/8/2021 at 10:45 AM, Omar said:

Guys I have a question and is, do I have to wait until they reach my # on the list to get call for hiring even though I already have my CDL B with all my endorsements??? 

BTW I’m # 2,390

yes, they go by the list numbers not the licenses. It would make sense for them to put in licensed drivers first but unfortunately thats not how they do it. 

On 10/10/2021 at 6:52 AM, Kenstyles said:

yes, they go by the list numbers not the licenses. It would make sense for them to put in licensed drivers first but unfortunately thats not how they do it. 

Does it make much of a difference if you come in the door with the CDL B License compared to the CDL B Permit only? 

1 hour ago, kc204 said:

I wonder when they will start calling by. I got a phone call / email to take exam 2302 this month as well, I applied after seeing an ad.

I’ll worry about getting vaccinated when they actually call me down. I don’t want to get the damn vaccine but I won’t be dumb enough to pass up on the opportunity to get into the MTA because of it.

11 minutes ago, Kenstyles said:

Can they legally tell another human what to put in our body for a job? What if someone wants to wait to see the real side effects that takes years.

Good luck bro. I agree with you but I def want this job. Vaccine it is.

1 hour ago, Kenstyles said:

Can they legally tell another human what to put in our body for a job? What if someone wants to wait to see the real side effects that takes years.

Bus Operator 9618’s Notice of Examination obviously didn’t include a vaccination requirement because there wasn’t a pandemic at the time, but I don’t think they can amend an NOE after the examination is complete. Civil Service has laws and regulations but I am not an attorney.

What I do know is you can’t be disqualified for a reason that isn’t listed under the NOE otherwise they’d be stepping on a slippery slope. What they can do is include it in their NOE’s for future exams. Thats just my guess. 

I’m curious to know if they will require it for new applicants who are applying for the job and not for those who are already on lists. 

6 hours ago, Zoey said:

Bus Operator 9618’s Notice of Examination obviously didn’t include a vaccination requirement because there wasn’t a pandemic at the time, but I don’t think they can amend an NOE after the examination is complete. Civil Service has laws and regulations but I am not an attorney.

What I do know is you can’t be disqualified for a reason that isn’t listed under the NOE otherwise they’d be stepping on a slippery slope. What they can do is include it in their NOE’s for future exams. Thats just my guess. 

I’m curious to know if they will require it for new applicants who are applying for the job and not for those who are already on lists. 

Very valid point. I would much rather subject myself to weekly or even daily testing. But if push comes to shove I will simply just go get the vaccine smh.

14 hours ago, kc204 said:

I got a phone call / email to take exam 2302 this month as well, I applied after seeing an ad.

Is exam 2302 the same as the current MTA Bus Operator Position which is currently open for filing, which people can learn more about in this thread/topic?

I just want to be on the same page, that's all...

8 hours ago, Zoey said:

agree with you 100%

I wonder if the union can use some of these points for a legal fight in the courts for new hires that have their names on these lists already.

On the new NOE for city jobs that are up in the DCAS website, it says on the requirements to be hired you must be vaccinated unless the agency has approved an exemption for medical or religious reasons.

One question that I have been thinking about is, if your name is on a list for a NYCTA title, then it falls under DCAS which is city civil service.

The city is allowing candidates to request exemptions for medical or religious reasons, if they are approved depends on each individual agency.

MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company are not DCAS so their not considered civil service.

Doesn't that make NYCTA a city agency and not a state agency like MTA ?

so if the MTA won't allow exemptions for new hires, wouldn't NYCTA have to allow exemptions for new hires since they are a city agency ?

2 minutes ago, hh1a said:

agree with you 100%

I wonder if the union can use some of these points for a legal fight in the courts for new hires that have their names on these lists already.

On the new NOE for city jobs that are up in the DCAS website, it says on the requirements to be hired you must be vaccinated unless the agency has approved an exemption for medical or religious reasons.

One question that I have been thinking about is, if your name is on a list for a NYCTA title, then it falls under DCAS which is city civil service.

The city is allowing candidates to request exemptions for medical or religious reasons, if they are approved depends on each individual agency.

so if the MTA won't allow exemptions for new hires, wouldn't NYCTA have to allow exemptions for new hires since they are a city agency ?

No. The MTA is governed by the State/Federal. 

16 minutes ago, hh1a said:

agree with you 100%

The union has no say when it comes to how the MTA handles the hiring process. They only give their inputs once you’re on the job officially. That’s one of the reasons after you qualified  the 7-10 days training, you meet the union division afterward.

The NOE states information about the current position you’re applying for but can be subject to change. 

The MTA is a state agency, not the city. Nypd, FDNY, Santitation, DOT is managed by the city.

Edited by Flatbush Operator

11 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Is exam 2302 the same as the current MTA Bus Operator Position which is currently open for filing, which people can learn more about in this thread/topic?

I just want to be on the same page, that's all...

Yup! Sorry to go off topic here, lol.

In all honesty, this exam (9618) with NYCT seems like a better gig. I'm going to stick it out and pray they start this list soon. Will be getting vaccinated if they call. November 14 seems like a random date. I wonder if they'll be hiring before or after that date. 

Edited by kc204

5 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

MTA needs to get rid of that 3 Years NYC license rule man. As long as you've had your CDL for 3+ years.... it shouldn't matter which State it was in smh. Damn.... 😔

from what @SevenEleven told me it shouldnt matter the 3 year rule should apply in your home state