Queens Bus Redesign Discussion Thread

Lawrence St

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/8/2023 at 4:15 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

Following publication, we are inviting all our stakeholders to series of a virtual briefings where we will provide a borough-wide overview of the Proposed Final Plan and discuss our public outreach timeline and process for customer and community input. There will one high level borough/citywide briefing and four quadrant-based briefings where we will provide the overview and then take a deeper dive into the route proposals in each quadrant. If you cannot attend your quadrant briefing, please consider joining us for our boroughwide overview briefing on December 15th.

*   Wednesday, Dec 13 from 6:30-8:30PM – Northwest Queens (CDs 1,2,3,4)
  *   Thursday, Dec 14 from 6:30-8:30PM – Southwest Queens (CDs 5,6,9,10)
  *   Friday, Dec 15 from 11:30AM – 1PM – Boroughwide and Citywide Groups
  *   Monday, Dec 18 from 6:30-8:30PM – Northeast Queens (CDs 7,8,11)
  *   Tuesday, Dec 19 from 6:30-8:30PM – Southeast Queens (CDs 12,13,14)

In the new year we will conduct several months of outreach. We will be requesting time to present to all Queens community boards and host a series of MTA outreach events. All events and materials will be published to the project website. Stakeholders will also have several months to review and comment on their trips prior to the MTA holding a public hearing.

Ugh, I'm annoyed because I'm not available during my specific outreach session. The borowide one is during lunch which is also annoying.

Upon downloading the most recently revised draft plan from "November 2023" from multiple sources, it appears it is literally just the March 29, 2022 version being falsely advertised as the most recent update. Not a single change was made since last year. Yet I've been told the newest plan has been released and is publicly available.

Either multiple website have incorrectly linked 2022's version or the most recent update doesn't exist and they're just using last year's version.

2 minutes ago, 4P3607 said:

Upon downloading the most recently revised draft plan from "November 2023" from multiple sources, it appears it is literally just the March 29, 2022 version being falsely advertised as the most recent update. Not a single change was made since last year. Yet I've been told the newest plan has been released and is publicly available.

Either multiple website have incorrectly linked 2022's version or the most recent update doesn't exist and they're just using last year's version.

The Queens Bus page was not updated as of September 2023. Give it a couple days for it to be officially posted by the MTA.

9 hours ago, 4P3607 said:

9 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

The Queens Bus page was not updated as of September 2023. Give it a couple days for it to be officially posted by the MTA.

Probably tomorrow (or so), accompanied by a press conference.

7 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

Press conferences have thier own, separate YouTube channel.

”MTA Live”

I see thank you about the "MTA Live".  When I click there before you said it was doing the press conference.  I did not see the live coverage when you said it so that is why I said I can't find it. I should have said I click on the MTA Live tab but I don't see it doing it Live.

Edited by mikecintel

9 minutes ago, TDL said:

Its very underwehelming. Still no Rockaway-Sheepshead service, and they took out the Springfield Blvd crosstown. This plan is basically keeping the exact same routes.

Why would you need Rockaway-Sheepshead service…?