MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.6aac599eb81094ba092b53cca1e33406.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 1100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1680's) - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know what these little setbacks mean for me but I was tardy for the march 13th orientation. So one of the ladies told me just reschedule. They sent me to the back office area did a few paperwork, with that tall white guy (resignation personal). So with my tail tucked, I cried wee wee all the way home. But not before a few inquiries. So apparently the road test you get three tries on a Sunday.they really train you for everything to drive the bus. I saw a few who failed the road test  on their third try (crushing defeat on their face). Now back to me - I emailed the lady who initiated the employment process. She rescheduled me for a Sunday in April. So in the mean time  I am going to get my cdl license hopefully. I just have to come in to do over some paperwork and then back to orientation. Technically I already worked for them for a day and it was for OA 0100 LIST NUMBER 4*** AND NOW OA 1100 2***. everything is the same all they did is just change my list number. My pass number my revenue number all the other identifications are all the same. Sigh only me :(

I got cleared from medical hold on March 1st and the same day I had to do a 2nd drug test. I’m still waiting on a email to return back there to complete the final processing. Did you have to do a 2nd drug test? Also did you do the final processing the same day you got cleared from medical hold?

24 minutes ago, mrtrini868 said:

I got cleared from medical hold on March 1st and the same day I had to do a 2nd drug test. I’m still waiting on a email to return back there to complete the final processing. Did you have to do a 2nd drug test? Also did you do the final processing the same day you got cleared from medical hold?

i didnt have to do a drug test, the only thing i did was do the ui test then i went to the window to hand in my paper stating i was medically cleared. i wrote down my name and number and they lady said they will call me back to finish the rest of the process. that was on friday so hopefully i hear something monday

20 hours ago, Pace said:

i didnt have to do a drug test, the only thing i did was do the ui test then i went to the window to hand in my paper stating i was medically cleared. i wrote down my name and number and they lady said they will call me back to finish the rest of the process. that was on friday so hopefully i hear something monday

Did you email for appointment to cleared medical or you did it as walked in?

3 hours ago, mrtrini868 said:

Did you email for appointment to cleared medical or you did it as walked in?

i sent a email and they sent one back...i would call if anything because you gotta be proactive it seems. They have alot goin on and nobody seems to be on the same page

17 minutes ago, Pace said:

i called today and was told at the end of april and there gonna start calling people the end of this month for next class

I called today about 2302, I was told call back second week of April because they don’t have the schedule for the classes yet.

8 minutes ago, mrtrini868 said:

I called today about 2302, I was told call back second week of April because they don’t have the schedule for the classes yet.

ok so basically we will have to wait maybe a week or two...no biggie i guess 

10 hours ago, Kenstyles said:

When you went down did you have to show guard any appointment letter to get inside to talk to someone? @N3Gro

I did in the front lobby. But I just showed him the original email and told him there was an issue I needed to correct. 

Okk ty.. I took exam 1100 and was schedule to start training on Feb 27 but due to my relocation back to nyc for personal reasons and giving my job of 5 yrs a 2 weeks notice and also wrong info was unable to accept the job offer at final processing … I was told by … that I can accept job offer and reschedule my training date since I don’t live in nyc but come to find out that was not true .. anyways didn’t accept offer and risk a tardy or no show for training and told to call back the following week for a appointment to do over my lab for March 12 classes .I’ve have called and email a million times and was told to come in and redo my lab after a billion attempts but was too late my results would not make it back in time …well fast forward today… I’m jobless after leaving my 6 figure job , frustrated and annoyed and not to mention the ppl that are annoyed at me at 180 Livingston for contacting them so much because of this situation … I have my class A with all endorsements and been driving for years and also pretty confident in passing training if they would give me a chance .. at this point I’m tired of keep filling out the app and fed up of emailing or calling and not getting a response and when I do it’s like why am I calling?? ..I understand because of COVID ,the office might be short Staffed but they should understand their positions as a city employees is to help new employees  !! Well you guys know the saying “it’s job getting a job “ or in this case if you get in … 

On 3/20/2022 at 1:54 PM, Pace said:

i got cleared from medical hold friday, how long does it take for them to call you back? and once you pass medical are you basically hired? i already have my Class A license and endorsements

Oh boy.  That class A you still have to go to Eastchester for that Class B training.  Had one guy from my group with the class A.  It’s like doing it all over again.

3 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Oh boy.  That class A you still have to go to Eastchester for that Class B training.  Had one guy from my group with the class A.  It’s like doing it all over again.

Usually you get cleared on the same day if you went in with an appointment.  I walked in to be medically cleared and because of no appointment they did not cleared me the same day.  Hopefully they call you soon.  It can be a pain the butt to get on to them.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:52 PM, Pace said:

i sent a email and they sent one back...i would call if anything because you gotta be proactive it seems. They have alot goin on and nobody seems to be on the same page

You are so right about that.  I had a hard time too and give a good fight for them to get me in.  They be lying about not have upcoming class so you wouldn’t bother them.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:52 PM, Pace said:

i called today and was told at the end of april and there gonna start calling people the end of this month for next class

Why those people lying to you guys.  They have a class every 2 weeks, until the end of 2022.  Yes every 2 weeks we were told that at Zerega 

23 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Usually you get cleared on the same day if you went in with an appointment.  I walked in to be medically cleared and because of no appointment they did not cleared me the same day.  Hopefully they call you soon.  It can be a pain the butt to get on to them.

I didn’t get cleared because I had to redo a second drug test because it was past 30 days. Here I’m about to go pass 30 days again🤦🏾‍♂️. I had an appointment as well the same day I got medical cleared.

On 3/18/2022 at 7:27 PM, Kennedy said:

Good evening.  Was anyone able to apply for the TA test that is out?

just so that everyone knows..this site has helped me tremendously throughout my process from application, to exam taking, to drug test and medical and finally thru training. 

Similar to Kennedy, I too , have passed my 7 day training! And off to graduation I go on the fifth week. Congrats to everyone who passed and for those waiting; all I can say is hang in there!

1 hour ago, BOO3 said:

just so that everyone knows..this site has helped me tremendously throughout my process from application, to exam taking, to drug test and medical and finally thru training. 

Similar to Kennedy, I too , have passed my 7 day training! And off to graduation I go on the fifth week. Congrats to everyone who passed and for those waiting; all I can say is hang in there!

Congratulations, did you have permit or class B, prior experience driving or just practice driving during training. 

On 3/24/2022 at 9:44 PM, BOO3 said:

when you get medically cleared and pass drug test, is the next step fingerprinting and getting scheduled for training? when did the y offer you the position?

20 minutes ago, Pace said:

when you get medically cleared and pass drug test, is the next step fingerprinting and getting scheduled for training? when did the y offer you the position?

First pass drug test and then medically cleared. If it been 30+ days and you still waiting or whatever and haven’t gotten fingerprinted. You gotta do another drug test after every 30 days until you get confirmed for class.. I’m saying this because it happened to me and I still haven’t gotten fingerprinted yet. Last time I went there was to get medical hold cleared and had to do a 2nd drug test. Now it been 29 days and still waiting 🤷🏽‍♂️