MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.6aac599eb81094ba092b53cca1e33406.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 1100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1680's) - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

2 hours ago, mrtrini868 said:

Don’t give up the opportunity, just flight out with a backpack for a day or so for the pre employment. It may be a while before they send you the email notification for medical/final processing after the pre employment/drug test.

Ok I went back and reread I got what he was asking.  And yes you told him to tell the truth.  Yes you must tell the truth.  And when it comes to those questions they’re making you sign papers numerous times about violation tickets and convictions.  So if we tell a lie they will terminate us.  It had happened to someone that started with a friend I know.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Just be prepared.  When they call you for medical it means you’re most likely starting that Sunday thereafter.  They’re moving fast.

I cleared medical on Tuesday, did 2nd drug test. Still waiting for email from that to go back to finish final processing🤦🏾‍♂️. I heard next class is March 13th, not sure if I will be making that class 😫.

42 minutes ago, mrtrini868 said:

I cleared medical on Tuesday, did 2nd drug test. Still waiting for email from that to go back to finish final processing🤦🏾‍♂️. I heard next class is March 13th, not sure if I will be making that class 😫.

They will prepare you for the next class after 

6 minutes ago, mrtrini868 said:

You ran a red light while driving MTA bus or while in your personal car? They didn’t give you any courtesy?

No, but I know someone who did a few years ago. Back then it used to be immediate termination, but I guess they became more lenient since they're short on operators.

1 hour ago, mrtrini868 said:

You ran a red light while driving MTA bus or while in your personal car? They didn’t give you any courtesy?

I answered his question as if he was asking about doing it on the bus.

If you run red lights and get tickets in your personal car, it’s whatever. If you get caught on the bus, then you will have your probation extended in any instance. However, you can get suspended if you get caught by supervision. 

9 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

If you run red lights and get tickets in your personal car, it’s whatever. If you get caught on the bus, then you will have your probation extended in any instance. However, you can get suspended if you get caught by supervision. 

And I think it’s 3 instances and you’re done. 

13 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

No, but I know someone who did a few years ago. Back then it used to be immediate termination, but I guess they became more lenient since they're short on operators.

What is is someone else driving your car?  Can that can be possible too.  I had a speeding ticket which the camera flashed my car right within that time going to 180 Livingston, I just had to pay it and that was that.

59 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

What is is someone else driving your car?  Can that can be possible too.  I had a speeding ticket which the camera flashed my car right within that time going to 180 Livingston, I just had to pay it and that was that.

No this is when driving a bus.

15 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

I thought they had a lien on your license? If you got any speeding/red light ticket while in your personal car that's grounds for termination?

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I thought they had a lien on your license? If you got any speeding/red light ticket while in your personal car that's grounds for termination?

Nah but bus operators in NYS are subject to the 19-A law. Pretty much says if you have 'x' amount of accidents in a certain timeframe OR more than 9 points on your license, you will lose your 19A status, which is what you need to carry passengers in NYS. It also says that you must report any accidents or conviction of moving violations ASAP or be suspended from work for a week.

If anyone in the process of being hired for MBSTOA and have plans on going to Grand Avenue Depot, please bear in mind the parking is ridiculously sucks.  If you don’t get get there before 5am you cannot find parking space.  And this Depot is in a high trafficking area with lots of warehouses and big trucks blocking traffic for long periods of time.  I will not stay there for that reason.

2 hours ago, Kennedy said:

If anyone in the process of being hired for MBSTOA and have plans on going to Grand Avenue Depot, please bear in mind the parking is ridiculously sucks.  If you don’t get get there before 5am you cannot find parking space.  And this Depot is in a high trafficking area with lots of warehouses and big trucks blocking traffic for long periods of time.  I will not stay there for that reason.

When I was in training there I always took the bus, the Q59 doesn't take very long.

On 3/2/2022 at 7:47 AM, mrtrini868 said:

Yesterday I went back the 180 Livingston and cleared my medical hold (thank god I got cleared) instead of doing the final processing, I had to do a second drug test. Anyone else just did the final processing for 2302?

Can I just walk in? They're not answering the phone or emails. Who do I talk to you get in and what's a good time?

On 3/3/2022 at 7:25 PM, Kennedy said:

I had the same issue.  

This is exactly what kept me back for a while,  then I had to hunt them down sending emails on top of emails and finally got hired and in line training right now.

Did you walk in? They're not answering my emails and I'm getting worried. The phone rings out. Doctor told me come see her but the other staff said I can't walk in without an appointment.

1 hour ago, Jaybadree said:

Can I just walk in? They're not answering the phone or emails. Who do I talk to you get in and what's a good time?

I dunno if they will allow walk in. There’s usually a short guy there his name is Kevin. You can speak to him. He’s very helpful. Also what do you need to do next. Maybe you can email them

48 minutes ago, mrtrini868 said:

I dunno if they will allow walk in. There’s usually a short guy there his name is Kevin. You can speak to him. He’s very helpful. Also what do you need to do next. Maybe you can email them

It was Kevin that told me I can't come in without an appointment. And I've been sending emails and they're not responding. I have the letter where the doctor cleared me. It's just getting them to answer the email to set up the appointment that's taking forever. The number they give you to call also is one they never answer. I've called a few hundred times already, the pattern is rings for 2 mins then disconnects and right after 3 busy signals then rinse and repeat.

10 minutes ago, Jaybadree said:

It was Kevin that told me I can't come in without an appointment. And I've been sending emails and they're not responding. I have the letter where the doctor cleared me. It's just getting them to answer the email to set up the appointment that's taking forever. The number they give you to call also is one they never answer. I've called a few hundred times already, the pattern is rings for 2 mins then disconnects and right after 3 busy signals then rinse and repeat.

Send email to ecmro@nyct.com, email SHOULD only be sent on fridays between the hours of 11:00am - 3:00pm

Subject : Medical Hold Clearance

Name: 

Last 4 of SSN: 

Exam Number: 

List Number: 

Title Position:

Below all of the above, briefly state the reason for appointment, ex: was put on medical hold for blah blah blah. Visited the doctor and have documentations from my doctor clearing me for blah blah blah. I’m requesting an appointment so that I can complete the medical process.

I did excatly what I said above on the Friday and got an email the Monday to come in the following day for clearance. After I got the white paper, I had to do a 2nd drug test. Now waiting for the email for final processing. GOOD LUCK.  Keep updates.