B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

2 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

For 2302 my friend that is training right now list # is 140 something.  What’s yours?

Yes and my first testing day is Wednesday which is 7th day.   You have 7,9 & 10th day to be qualified.  Then if you got qualified and don’t have CDL license, then you go to East Chester for training for the license, then off to DMV road test.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kennedy said:

It will be great if you know your list number. Hope you’re fully vaccinated so you will not be held back,  it’s difficult to get back to them sometimes.  They told us in orientation every 2 weeks they’re hiring 100 people for the rest of the year

100 people for the rest of the year? And what about those us that are waiting for a reschedule????

11 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

100 people for the rest of the year? And what about those us that are waiting for a reschedule????

I think he said 100 people every two weeks and keep that hiring pattern up for the rest of the year. So essentially 200 people a month. 

16 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

If you know your list number it will be easier.  In that way you can let them know they skipped your number or why.  Then they have to put you in.  Sometime when you get held back for any reason it seems like they forget you or you just have to get back to them to be put back on the list.  My friend had that issue and they called him in ASAP once they realized they had past his number.

10 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

It’s 1301. I’m definitely going for the full time. But I was going through the motions because part time called me first.

Ok.  You can let them know which one you preferred.  And as soon as that OA & TA exams come out make sure you guys who with MTA Bus takes it.

Just now, Kennedy said:

Ok.  You can let them know which one you preferred.  And as soon as that OA & TA exams come out make sure you guys who with MTA Bus takes it.

TA will be a better shot.  You have more options in Depots and if there was to lay off operators, they’ll have to find a civil service position for you.  That’s what we were told in class.

27 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

TA will be a better shot.  You have more options in Depots and if there was to lay off operators, they’ll have to find a civil service position for you.  That’s what we were told in class.

Just curious when you pass the medical, when do you get your pass and when do you get your badge? Like what is that day of final processing like?

4 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Just curious when you pass the medical, when do you get your pass and when do you get your badge? Like what is that day of final processing like?

Final processing is when you are officially hired and are given a date to start the 7-day training course. You will get your pass on orientation day. Your badge you receive after you have completed training and are finally ready to go off on your own (graduation).

9 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Absolutely, I think the TA comes out in March.

I seriously think that this exam, they going to place you in Spring-Creek depo based on the description. Will that be the case? If so March exam will be a better option. 

8 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

Final processing is when you are officially hired and are given a date to start the 7-day training course. You will get your pass on orientation day. Your badge you receive after you have completed training and are finally ready to go off on your own (graduation).

I just took the test on 2/2/22. Should I wait for them to tell me my score or is it better to call them and ask. If so, when would it be appropriate to do so?

24 minutes ago, Beck said:

I just took the test on 2/2/22. Should I wait for them to tell me my score or is it better to call them and ask. If so, when would it be appropriate to do so?

Wait. I takes at least a month or 2 and up to get something. 

On 2/1/2022 at 11:53 PM, chadmaster813 said:

ive been calling now for days left messages and more emails i still havent got someone to answer or call me back cant understand it at all 😢, at this point im really cant understand how anyone gets thru , i call over and over , every day at multiple times of the day no luck , still dont know my list number or anything .

I just got through about ten minutes ago on the 8223. Please keep trying I left a message on both number this morning. Then randomly tried back again and they picked up on the second ring.

2 hours ago, BOO3 said:

Can someone help clarify?

I got called in for pre-employment processing for next week.How many days of work should I call out sick/req day off? One day or two consecutive days? 

One day. That's if you got all id's documents, covid shots, clean record. Etc. Then is drug test screening. However That's what takes long be there for all day depending how many people showed up. Bring lunch and water because, is not like you can hold it for 12 hrs. I came out at 7:45 pm from a 12 pm appointment. Then is wait to be call for day 2 physical -could take a week or 2 or a month- pass the physical examination....but wait if you pass the physical and is over a month you migth have to do the drug screening again. Then you will get the offer letter to start your training. @BOO3

8 hours ago, BOO3 said:

Can someone help clarify?

I got called in for pre-employment processing for next week.How many days of work should I call out sick/req day off? One day or two consecutive days? 

1 day for now.  First day is paperwork and drug testing.  If your appointment is 6:30am that means you’re getting out early.  The earliest you get on line over there is better chance of getting out early,