B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

17 hours ago, DEE123 said:

Does anybody have a link on what bus lines are ran by masbTOA and what lines are ran by NYCT? I only see the lines that Bus Company runs, but no information on NYCT and masbTOA 

Everything in Manhattan, BX are OA/TA.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DEE123 said:

Does anybody know if you can choose Staten island or do they force you where needed im moving over there soon. I'd rather work in SI 

You can request Staten Island if you are TA and it will most likely be approved right away. 

Hey so I recieved my invitation on Thursday for June 23 but I ran into an issue by the time of my appointment I won’t have my license for three years but i hit that three year mark three weeks later I’m 19 so there’s no way I could have even got it earlier do you think if I go in that day they can reschedule my appointment I really don’t want to loose this opportunity 

Hi so I got my invite for exam 2611 but I’m facing an issue I’m 19 years old and my appointment is June 23 but my three year mark of my liscecne is July 13th I really hope this isn’t an issue I’m trying to contact them to reschedule the appointment has anyone had this issue any help pls I don’t want to loose this opportunity 

54 minutes ago, Kevv said:

Hi so I got my invite for exam 2611 but I’m facing an issue I’m 19 years old and my appointment is June 23 but my three year mark of my liscecne is July 13th I really hope this isn’t an issue I’m trying to contact them to reschedule the appointment has anyone had this issue any help pls I don’t want to loose this opportunity 

When you report, they will run your abstract, in which they will see that the three year mark of your license is July 13th. With that said, if I was you, I would ask them in person on June 23rd if they can give you another appointment in a couple of weeks after the three year mark of your license.

The good news is that, if they cannot do so, for whatever reason, these lists are good for four [4] calendar years, in which you have three [3] chances to restore your name to the list. Therefore, if you're unsuccessful this time, there's always next time, which will probably and most likely be before the end of the calendar year.

On 6/11/2023 at 9:32 PM, +Young+ said:

When you report, they will run your abstract, in which they will see that the three year mark of your license is July 13th. With that said, if I was you, I would ask them in person on June 23rd if they can give you another appointment in a couple of weeks after the three year mark of your license.

The good news is that, if they cannot do so, for whatever reason, these lists are good for four [4] calendar years, in which you have three [3] chances to restore your name to the list. Therefore, if you're unsuccessful this time, there's always next time, which will probably and most likely be before the end of the calendar year.

On 6/11/2023 at 9:32 PM, +Young+ said:

Thank you so much for the help I’ve been calling every day probably 20 times a day it just rings and rings I wrote emails and left voice mails have yet to get help and don’t want to loose this opportunity so your best advice is just go there on the 23rd and speak with them

On 6/11/2023 at 8:32 PM, Kevv said:

Hi

I m am on the list for exam 2611. What is your list number that I can figure out how long more to wait

14 hours ago, Pernel said:

I'm new to this forum so indulge me a bit. if I have not had my license for 3 years yet but I want to stay on the list  should I still fill out the paperwork and report to livingston St. on 6/23/2023. 

First of all, welcome to the Forums!!

Second, as per the top of the third page of the Notice of Examination, "you must possess a motor vehicle driver license valid in the State of New York for at least three years immediately prior to the date you are appointed to this position." When you report to 180 Livingston Street, one of the first things they are going to do is run your abstract to see if you meet the "driver license requirement."

Therefore, if you wish to stay on the list, mind I ask how old is your license? (If you forgot, and if you are a resident of New York State, you can run off your abstract yourself by clicking here.)

If your answer is something to the nature of two years and eleven months old, you can still report to 180 Livingston, just note that you will be given another appointment date in the foreseeable future once your driver license is three years old.

If your answer is something to the nature of two years and one month old, they will not only turn you away, but will also tell you to restore your name to the list once your license is three years old. For instructions on how to do this, refer to the instructions located at the bottom of the blue announcement box located at the top of this webpage. What's good is that you can restore your name to the list for a maximum of three [3] times, so it's not like you're off the list for good.

Again, welcome to the Forums!!

Edited by +Young+
Clarification

On 6/15/2023 at 10:39 AM, Daren646 said:

Yeah she goes june 30th for pre employment

Good luck to your wife! That training ain't no joke! She'll be trained like she's in the military!...lol... she'll be good though! I did exam 2613 as well... hopefully they'll call me soon....I just passed my road test for MTA Bus Company, and was assigned to JFK Depot!...it will cost me a lot of money back and forth for toll fees and gas...with TA, I can work out of a Depot close to home, hopefully!

On 6/17/2023 at 11:06 AM, Elocin721 said:

Good luck to your wife! That training ain't no joke! She'll be trained like she's in the military!...lol... she'll be good though! I did exam 2613 as well... hopefully they'll call me soon....I just passed my road test for MTA Bus Company, and was assigned to JFK Depot!...it will cost me a lot of money back and forth for toll fees and gas...with TA, I can work out of a Depot close to home, hopefully!

If you’re hoping for Staten Island. It will almost be guaranteed. Tons of people get forced into Staten Island and are waiting to transfer out. 

I got invited to take exam #4104 on 7/6/2023. What’s the average time frame from test date to being hired assuming a good test score? I have a great class a job now and I rather not deal with people but lol the pension is the only thing that has me wanting to take the test

5 hours ago, Qgtm2023 said:

I got invited to take exam #4104 on 7/6/2023. What’s the average time frame from test date to being hired assuming a good test score? I have a great class a job now and I rather not deal with people but lol the pension is the only thing that has me wanting to take the test

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, as per the guidelines, we kindly ask all members to please "post in the relevant forum." In your case, @Qgtm2023, a separate thread/topic was made for Exam # 4104, which can be found by clicking here.

Third, after you make another post in the relevant thread/topic, I will be more than happy to ask your question. I don't want to get you and others mixed up with the different exam numbers, the differences between NYC Transit, vs. MaBSTOA, vs. MTA Bus Company, etc.

Thank you!!

Edited by +Young+

On 6/16/2023 at 11:55 PM, +Young+ said:

First of all, welcome to the Forums!!

Second, as per the top of the third page of the Notice of Examination, "you must possess a motor vehicle driver license valid in the State of New York for at least three years immediately prior to the date you are appointed to this position." When you report to 180 Livingston Street, one of the first things they are going to do is run your abstract to see if you meet the "driver license requirement."

Therefore, if you wish to stay on the list, mind I ask how old is your license? (If you forgot, and if you are a resident of New York State, you can run off your abstract yourself by clicking here.)

If your answer is something to the nature of two years and eleven months old, you can still report to 180 Livingston, just note that you will be given another appointment date in the foreseeable future once your driver license is three years old.

If your answer is something to the nature of two years and one month old, they will not only turn you away, but will also tell you to restore your name to the list once your license is three years old. For instructions on how to do this, refer to the instructions located at the bottom of the blue announcement box located at the top of this webpage. What's good is that you can restore your name to the list for a maximum of three [3] times, so it's not like you're off the list for good.

Again, welcome to the Forums!!

Thank you, I only had my license just over a year but I really wasn't expecting things to move this fast. I think I jumped the gun a bit by taking the exam so early . I would still love to stay on the list but I don't really understand the instruction on how to do it.

38 minutes ago, Pernel said:

Thank you, I only had my license just over a year but I really wasn't expecting things to move this fast. I think I jumped the gun a bit by taking the exam so early . I would still love to stay on the list but I don't really understand the instruction on how to do it.

You're welcome! One of the many "rules and regulations" of these Civil Service Lists is, if you do not show up for pre-employment for any Civil Service title, including Bus Operator, off of one of these five lists (2611, 2612, 2613, **2614** and **3601**), your name will be removed from the list. Now if and when you want your name to be placed back on the list, all you have to do is follow the instructions located in the blue announcement box towards the bottom with the sentences that begin with "For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list..." Just give the folks at DCAS (Dept. of Citywide Administrative Services) about a week to send you a reply, since they deal with all of the Civil Service Examinations for the entire city, not just with NYC Transit. I would recommend sending this e-mail in about two years from now once your license is three years old.

(**when the lists get published**)

If you have any other specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Edited by +Young+