MTA's planned cuts include everything from station agents to entire train lines

Myrtle Local

I guess everyone got thier own minds made up. The service cuts will have to wait until June 2009 before they go in effect since they got to change the work Programs and have a Pick for T/O's and C/R's. All these B Div cuts may have me running back to the A Div since jobs will be reduced for rookies like me. Then everything will match if I go back to the (6)<6> Lines

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess everyone got thier own minds made up. The service cuts will have to wait until June 2009 before they go in effect since they got to change the work Programs and have a Pick for T/O's and C/R's. All these B Div cuts may have me running back to the A Div since jobs will be reduced for rookies like me. Then everything will match if I go back to the (6)<6> Lines

Gotta find some good out of a bad situtation.;)

Why do people keep insisting this is happening in Dec? Nothing has been said by the MTA. Railfans need to stop foaming and spreading false information.

I've seen several (M)'s exterior signs today @ Essex Street saying:

(M) Broad St

(M) Nassau St Lcl

The Queens bound (J)'s ran local from Marcy Avenue to Myrtle Avenue-Broadway!

It may happen in Decmber but anyways we all going to find out what happens.

I can say for sure service cuts will not happen in Dec. The only thing that will happen is it will be voted on by the (MTA) Board and if its approved and alway is it will start in June IF the State don't bailout the (MTA) or they find money some how like always after the contract been settled.

I can say for sure service cuts will not happen in Dec. The only thing that will happen is it will be voted on by the (MTA) Board and if its approved and alway is it will start in June IF the State don't bailout the (MTA) or they find money some how like always after the contract been settled.

Well I said let's find out when is going to really happen.

I've seen several (M)'s exterior signs today @ Essex Street saying:

(M) Broad St

(M) Nassau St Lcl

The Queens bound (J)'s ran local from Marcy Avenue to Myrtle Avenue-Broadway!

Are you talking about normal current evening service? That is certainly not an indicator of any changes they will make in December. It was already said that the cuts would take effect in the summer.

Are you talking about normal current evening service? That is certainly not an indicator of any changes they will make in December. It was already said that the cuts would take effect in the summer.

Oh I know the cuts won't start until the Summer....I don't post false information ;). It was around b/w 7:15-7:30PM. Normally @ that time the (M)'s terminate @ Myrtle Avenue-Broadway on the middle track, I was surprised to see the (M)'s going to Broad Street!

Oh I know the cuts won't start until the Summer....I don't post false information ;). It was around b/w 7:15-7:30PM. Normally @ that time the (M)'s terminate @ Myrtle Avenue-Broadway on the middle track, I was surprised to see the (M)'s going to Broad Street!

Hey C. I believe the (M)'s schedule was extended this past Summer to run to Broad St until 11pm. Much like the (:P now runs until 11 between 145 St & Brighton Beach, and the (W) from To/From Astoria & Whitehall.

Zachary

Well the Culver Line Viaduct Rehabilitation strats in Decmber after (G) gets extended to Church Ave http://www.mta.info/nyct/culverline/index.html http://mattmarksmusic.blogspot.com/2008/03/g-train-to-church-ave.html

All it said its closing St. Mary's Park for 9 months out of the 45 month period b/c of the construction of the Culver Viaduct. The (G) will not be in service to Church Avenue, most likely they will send the NIS (G) to Church Avenue so it can turn around and head back to Smith-9th Street station, but we will see about that

Hey C. I believe the (M)'s schedule was extended this past Summer to run to Broad St until 11pm. Much like the (;) now runs until 11 between 145 St & Brighton Beach, and the (W) from To/From Astoria & Whitehall.

Zachary

Really....thats strange and I think that was a good idea. For a minute I thought I was bugging seeing that lol. Thanks Zach

All it said its closing St. Mary's Park for 9 months out of the 45 month period b/c of the construction of the Culver Viaduct. The (G) will not be in service to Church Avenue, most likely they will send the NIS (G) to Church Avenue so it can turn around and head back to Smith-9th Street station, but we will see about that

Let's find out anyways.

The Doomsday proposals all pertain to the Summer of '09. They have nothing to do with the picks ( A and B ) which go into effect 12/21/08. Unfortunately that gives the foamers among us another 6 months to dream up these cockamamie reroutes and cuts. Most of you non (MTA) posters should realize that you paid for added service with your last fare increase. Instead of complaining on these boards you should be writing to your NYS representatives and NYC council members and tell them to step up to the plate. All I see here is a few of us cutting services to somebody else's community while protecting your own. Remember, rider or employee, it's all of us being screwed by the (MTA) in the long run. We employees are already aware of this agency's B.S. but they've become embolden enough to try to screw the public too.

But, service increase need money from us? We already pay too much... It is way too much compared to other cities... Even cities in china pay like less than $1.00 US... LOL, no reason to cut service and buy more trains like the R-179 and R-188... LOL, useless, pireod, :P!!!

Dude... CHINA... not the US...

While $2 is among the upper echelon of fares, the New York City Transit system is one of the most efficient and most used around, with one of the highest farebox recovery ratios in the United States, if not THE highest, although not close to 100%. $2 is actually a pretty reasonable amount for what we get, unless your line is totally crappy.

Besides, the (MTA)'s budget must be balanced by law, although cutting service and raising fares is not the way to do it. I hear that NYCT only gets 60-70% of the funding it needs, while LIRR and MNCRR get close to 100%... plus there is the slight hope of a bailout...

The trains are wayyy toooo slow in all lines... And remember NYC has millions of people and densly populated the (W) cars must go on the (R) which come like after every 2-3 (N) trains on sundays and almost after every 2 (N) trains from monday-saturday... Really disturbing. (E), (F) and (V) is okay... And those trains must have more reliability and less delays because in other cities... The trains is fast, like every 2 minutes a train comes and goes... Guess CTBC is a great one to use but it should move faster into NYCT!!! And if $3.00 is coming... I'd rather take the LIRR to Jamaica, Brooklyn and Manhanttan... And Drive (my dad, not me) or ride MNR to Staten Island and Bronx... Crappy things... Tolls on East River... Just eff'd up, they trying to interlock Queens, Kings, Nassau and Suffolk just like Staten Island... Just total crapness!!!

Dude... slow? Depends on the line, the time, and the place... they're not ALL slow.

Impossible for the (W) cars to go on the (R), as they come out of different yards, without a car transfer, which is unlikely.

When you're moving around millions of people a day there are bound to be delays. No system is perfect. Our system works fine for the job it is assigned. Especially with the passenger load it has to deal with. No other system in the US even comes close to moving the amount of people our subway has to. Take the Lex by itself. Apologies for quoting Wiki:

"...this four-track line is the most used rapid transit line in the United States. Its average of 1.3 million daily riders is "more than the combined ridership of San Francisco and Boston's entire transit systems" (Second Avenue Subway FEIS, p. 1–6). Its ridership also exceeds that of the 798,456 daily trips on the entire Washington Metro."

And aren't commuter railroads more expensive than the subway? If I'm correct wouldn't you be spending more money rather than less?

All I can say is, it's what you got so don't be picky. Deal with it.

And if $3.00 is coming... I'd rather take the LIRR to Jamaica, Brooklyn and Manhanttan... And Drive (my dad, not me) or ride MNR to Staten Island and Bronx... Crappy things... Tolls on East River... Just eff'd up, they trying to interlock Queens, Kings, Nassau and Suffolk just like Staten Island... Just total crapness!!!

*chuckles* With such a "comprehensive" bike lane system, I'll just learn how to bike!!!

Archived