MTA's planned cuts include everything from station agents to entire train lines

Myrtle Local

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the (V) is the (F) going through the (E) line. So cutting it isn't helpful. The (W) is a (N) train running on the (R) in lower Manhanttan. So cutting it isn't helpful too. The (9) cut isn't the best idea too...

The best idea is to never put the (T) in service because I would confuse it with Boston's rapid transit. Just put the (Q) to second avenue, no need to entend it all the way to lower manhanttan becasue the main crowdiness is between 125th street and midtown... At least the second ave subway had some success... =]!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Well, the (V) is the (F) going through the (E) line. So cutting it isn't helpful. The (W) is a (N) train running on the (R) in lower Manhanttan. So cutting it isn't helpful too. The (9) cut isn't the best idea too...

The best idea is to never put the (T) in service because I would confuse it with Boston's rapid transit. Just put the (Q) to second avenue, no need to entend it all the way to lower manhanttan becasue the main crowdiness is between 125th street and midtown... At least the second ave subway had some success... =]!

wtf

Cut the (V), not the (W).

by cutting the (V) that means the tunnel connecting IND 6th from 53rd is useless. Plus over crowdiness between the (F)(D) and (E)

Maybe the (V)/(W) can cut. Its better to have the (N) rin as lcl, or make the whole bmt broadwy look more like a 7th/lex ave line...

Hey now don't cut my (V) Line and don't think they will since the QNS corridor is as overcowded at the Lex Lines. The (V) is suppose to help take the load of the (E)(F) trains.

Hate to say it Pelham Dave, but what load does it take off? It's ALWAYS empty even at rush hours. The (F) and (E) are STILL crowed so the (V) ain't doing jack. The (V) service stinks to, it always goes (F),(F),(V),(F),(V),(F),(F),(V),(F). Do you see a pattern? And this is guy that ride who rides the (V) everyday last summer.

I really only see a load during the AM Rush Hours between 7AM 9AM its mostly from CTL to Rock Ctr then it empty out. I don't see much ridership QNS bound. Mostly what the (V) really does is help (R) service. I just gave you Mgt reasons but they are dreaming the (Customers) want the Express. I remember on odd morning we had 4 (V) trains back to back with no (F) do to a stalled (F) at 63/Lex the riders along 6 AV where steamed.

Oh the (V) has its moments when it's crowded. It does help take the load off the (F) in Manhattan, and riders on the (V) have direct rides between all 6 Avenue stops in Manhattan and all Queens Boulevard stops in Queens, up to 71-Continental Avenues.

Leave the (W) as is, I hope it doesn't go into the chopping block! Same with the (Z).

Keep the (G) extensions going!

Don't chop off the (M) south of Broad Street, people need the (M) for 4 Avenue/West End service.

If the (M) was to terminate at Broad Street during rush hours...

The (R) will be overcrowded

The Canal Street (N)(Q) platforms will be packed from the passengers transferring from (M)

The (N) will carry more passengers to Atlantic-Pacific for the (D).

The (D) will be more packed in the absence of the (M)

The service change happens this December.
I had been hearing it would be the next pick, in the summer.

For winter pick, we would have to repick. Unless they run us on a supplement all pick, but that would be such a rescheduling, they would basically be putting us in totally different jobs and essentially assigning us jobs without a pick.

Oh the (V) has its moments when it's crowded. It does help take the load off the (F) in Manhattan, and riders on the (V) have direct rides between all 6 Avenue stops in Manhattan and all Queens Boulevard stops in Queens, up to 71-Continental Avenues.

Leave the (W) as is, I hope it doesn't go into the chopping block! Same with the (Z).

Keep the (G) extensions going!

Don't chop off the (M) south of Broad Street, people need the (M) for 4 Avenue/West End service.

If the (M) was to terminate at Broad Street during rush hours...

The (R) will be overcrowded

The Canal Street (N)(Q) platforms will be packed from the passengers transferring from (M)

The (N) will carry more passengers to Atlantic-Pacific for the (D).

The (D) will be more packed in the absence of the (M)

I agree except the (G) extension. There is no point for it if we are in a budget crisis. The (W) should have been axed, along time ago. The (N) should run local for the absense on the (W) and relieve the (R) by a little. The Canal St. platform is crowded enough and now if we have to wait longer for trains, this is going to be pain!

I would rather:

-Cut the (B) back to 145th St. all times

-Cut the express service in the Bronx for the (D)

-(G) should be extended to 8 cars, but run less frequently, with service to Forest Hills

-Like the (V), it should be running less frequently

-Cut the (Z), (W), and all express service IRT service in Bronx like <4>, <5>, <6>

-Run the (N) local all over to cover the absense of the (M) and (W)

-Run the (M) from Broad St. or Chambers St. and the other end

-Cancel the (S) or (H) Rockaway Shuttle and just run less frequent (A) service to it

-Less frequent service on the <7> Express

-Put more ads on subways and buses

Why don't Eliot Sanders just cut his own salary!!!!!!!!! :(

I agree except the (G) extension. There is no point for it if we are in a budget crisis. The (W) should have been axed, along time ago. The (N) should run local for the absense on the (W) and relieve the (R) by a little. The Canal St. platform is crowded enough and now if we have to wait longer for trains, this is going to be pain!

I would rather:

-(G) should be extended to 8 cars, but run less frequently, with service to Forest Hills

-Cut the (Z), (W), and all express service IRT service in Bronx like <4>, <5>, <6>

-Cancel the (S) or (H) Rockaway Shuttle and just run less frequent (A) service to it

You mus tbe nuts!!, sorry to say that but~ Cut the Bronx express service??, how about cut the <7> service

Plus your not being very fair, just cuz the <7> is a queens train which people dont care much about the bx doesnt mean we gotta surfer our selves, the <6> is just like the <7> in the bronx it does NOT connect with any IRT/IND lines, only 125th and south, the <5> will never be cut lol

how about the brighton line thats good enough..

anyways not to cause problems

The (Z) could be cut, I wouldnt cut the (J) Express service tho.

Id also think the SAS should be at a hault maybe, and have more bus services, or have an SBS along the M101 and M15 buses to help out recover

otherwise just have the (Q) run to 96th street at least

Also dont confuse most people with (S)/(H) we know the (S) was the (H) before 93.. Leave the (S) alone, as it is needed, otherwise there would be 3 (A)s or an (A) to Mott ave via Rkway Pk.

Maybe the (S) 42nd could be cut..

Lower the prices for the MNRR/LIRR as alternatives

I agree except the (G) extension. There is no point for it if we are in a budget crisis. The (W) should have been axed, a long time ago. The (N) should run local for the absense on the (W) and relieve the (R) by a little. The Canal St. platform is crowded enough and now if we have to wait longer for trains, this is going to be pain!

I would rather:

That has a few too many problems in it.

(W) is crowded all the time, and cutting it and running the (N) local means longer rides, longer waits, and more crowded trains.

The <4> and <5> don't exist.

Cancel the (V) outright instead of reducing service. People who want to go to 6th Avenue via 53rd Street can take the (E) to 7th Avenue and transfer to a (B) or (D) train across the platform. After canceling the (V) extend the (G) back to 71/Continental to make up for local service on the Queens Blvd Line. Run the extra cars from the (V) on the (F) and (G).

And do you know how crowded the <7> is? Especially during rush hours? Take it from someone who rides that packed thing every day. Cutting service on that line only makes more problems.

EDIT: Kexpress (post below) gave me an idea... cut the (V), move the (F) back to 53rd, and run the (Q) via 63rd to 71st Continental. The only problem with this is that the 57th Street station would be neglected. Any suggestions to work around this?

EDITED:I think what (MTA) should do for cutting service back.

1.Discontinue the (V) line.

2. Reoute the (F) on the 53 Street tunnel.

3.Extend the (Q) to Forest Hills-71 Avenue.

4. Rextended (G) to to Forest Hills-71 Avenue at all times expect late night which during late night the (E) train run local on the Queens Blve line.

5. The (MTA) can drop the (W)/(Z) if they want to.

6. Keep the (J) express service.

7. The (M) can be cut back to Board Street and transfer to another route to brooklyn in the transit center.

8. The Rockaway Shuttle (S) should replace (A) between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park- Beach 116 Street and then (A) will no longer serve the Rockaway park during rush hours.

9. (:( should be be go to Forest Hills-71 Avenue and have (D) local and <(D)> express in broxn.

10. During weekends and late nights the (6) should be cut back to 125 Street and have the (4)/(5) run local on weekends,the (4)/(5) already run lcoal during late nights.

11. Cut back <7> express service to 74 street-Broadway and have the (7) local terminate at 74 Street-Broadway and have the people transfer to <7> express train to/from main street on weekdays.

12. The (2)/(5) that has some rush hour trip to/from New Lots Avenue/Utica Ave should be discontinued.

13. The (4) that has some rush hours trips to/from New Lots Avenue/Flatbush Avenue should be discontinued.

14.The (3) that has some rush hour trips to/from Flatbush Ave should be discontinued.

15 The (E) that has some rush hour trip to/from Jamaica-179 Street should be discontinued.

16. Also during rush hours the (5) that goes to Nereid Av should be discontinued and should only go to Dyre Ave only.

17. The (4) train that skips 138 street during rush hours should be discontinued and have the 4 stop at 138 street all times.

18. During late nights and weekends the (G) should be cut back to Hoyt Street-Schermerhorn Street.

19.(C) trains weekend service should be discontinued and have (A) run local during weekends also (like it does late night) so the (C) train run during weekdays only and the (A) run express during weekdays only.

20.The Staten Island Railway express service should be discontinued and have the Staten Island Railway run

local all times.

That's what I think the (MTA) should do to cut back service.

I think what (MTA) should do for cutting service back.

1. Agree

2-3. Instead of running the (Q) only to 21/Queensbridge how bout having it run to 71/Continental? Long route, but plausible.

4. Replace (G) with (Q) as with above.

5. Don't drop the (W).

6. What (J) express service?

7-8. No comment.

9. There's no point because it would be the same service pattern. Matter of fact you'd probably need extra trains for the <(D)>.

10. (5) doesn't run past East 180th Street late nights. And I doubt the entire suggestion is possible.

11. Horrible. By doing that you completely neglect the 86th, 90th, 103rd, and 111th Street Stations. People use those stations you know! And that also means more crowded trains, slower trains, and longer wait times.

12-14: No comment.

15. Those trips are needed to relieve pressure on the Jamaica Center terminal.

16-17. No comment.

18. IIRC there are no switches at Hoyt, and only two tracks. Not possible.

19-20. No comment.

Archived