MTA's planned cuts include everything from station agents to entire train lines

Myrtle Local

The (W) Has to stay because the (R) Rould be more crowded than it is already.

I Cannot imagine the (J) without the (Z), they are like brothers. It actually makes me want to cry.

(V) can get the boot. Have some (F) run via 53rd Street and others via 63rd Street. Extend the (Q) via 63rd street to queens.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have some (F) run via 53rd Street and others via 63rd Street. Extend the (Q) via 63rd street to queens.

Not going to happen....why screw the 63rd Street Line customers with every other (F) train....longer waits and crowded trains.....2nd where in Queens the (Q) is going to terminate w/o backing up or causing delays on that particular train!

Not going to happen....why screw the 63rd Street Line customers with every other (F) train....longer waits and crowded trains.....2nd where in Queens the (Q) is going to terminate w/o backing up or causing delays on that particular train!

Since the (V) would be out he'd run the (Q) to Forest Hills. Except the (Q) is already reserved for SAS, what will he do when the SAS opens?

The (W) Has to stay because the (R) Rould be more crowded than it is already.

I Cannot imagine the (J) without the (Z), they are like brothers. It actually makes me want to cry.

The (N) will run local to directly replace the lost (W) service. And calm down about the (Z), it was only six trains that don't really do much anyway. Those six trains will go to the (J).

Since the (V) would be out he'd run the (Q) to Forest Hills. Except the (Q) is already reserved for SAS, what will he do when the SAS opens?

Then that backs up the (R) trains...just b/c the (Q) willl stop @ Lexington Avenue-63rd Street for the SAS doesn't mean it have to be extended to Northeast of Queens

The (N) will run local to directly replace the lost (W) service. And calm down about the (Z), it was only six trains that don't really do much anyway. Those six trains will go to the (J).

The (N) don't need to replace the (W) when it gets cuts.....(R) can be fine making all local stops via Broadway

I really only see a load during the AM Rush Hours between 7AM 9AM its mostly from CTL to Rock Ctr then it empty out. I don't see much ridership QNS bound. Mostly what the (V) really does is help (R) service. I just gave you Mgt reasons but they are dreaming the (Customers) want the Express. I remember on odd morning we had 4 (V) trains back to back with no (F) do to a stalled (F) at 63/Lex the riders along 6 AV where steamed.

To be fair, the V is SRO during the height of rush hour (especially along Queens Blvd). However, the V has not improved F service. F service is less frequent and often runs in bunches. Also, F riders from Queens have no direct access to the 6.

Yes it does, there's no way the (R) can handle all of Broadway Local by itself

The (Q) can't handle the Broadway Express by itself....every (Q) train will be packed and it just can't be one express train. If the Lexington Avenue Line can handle one local by itself so can the Broadway Line.....the (N) don't need to run local

The way I see it they need 2 services on the Bway Local during the week so they should run the (N) or (Q) Local in Manhattan. Express service is not as important as Local service. On the (MTA) site they say (Q) service will replace the (W) between 57 St / 7AV to Astoria which is a step in the right direction.

Express service is important on the Broadway Line or any other line in the subway. You expect ppl to suffer on the local 24/7? Express is needed and it cut some time for ppl to make get to another borough faster than the local

They could cut the (V) but I feel its needed for the Rush Hours. I don't agree with the (W) cut at all that will be a disaster unless they extended the (Q) to Astoria but looks like that won't happen.
According to the MTA today, that is what would be done.

The (4) skipping 138th is the mosts stupidest thing Ive seen so far, just 1 stop doesnt make sence, if I were to use the (5) I would get to 149th street at the same time as the (4) skipping..

Arright how about this:

Div 1:

(4) skipping 138 is eliminated.

That's not a real "express" service, but is rather so the (4) doesn't conflict with the (5) coming out of the WP/Jerome connection. So if the (4) is to go first, the (5) would be held in the station, instead of the traffic backing up onto the (2) line.

Ok 1st article....that was about the number of cars on the (G) vs (V). They are complaining that the (G) has only 4 cars during non-rush hours and 6 cars during rush hours and they wanted to borrow some cars from the (V) so it can equal to the (G) cars. 2nd link.....I find it to a load full of crap b/c Wikipedia is not resourceful and (F) trains riders aren't that happy then why are they still riding that line. If they are desperately wanting the connection to the Lexington Avenue Line....they can either take the (E) to 23rd Street-Ely Avenue and walk to the (7)<7> and take the (7)<7> to Grand Central-42nd Street or take the (7) from 74th Street-Broadway from transferring from Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue and/or stay on the (E) and get off @ Lexington Avenue-53rd Street and the (6) from there. Instead of complaining about fare hikes they rather complain about the subway cars and transferring to other trains. When I ride the (F) and see lots of ppl get off @ Lexington Avenue-63rd Street so its not less popular....that is such non-sense

Ok 1st article....that was about the number of cars on the (G) vs (V). They are complaining that the (G) has only 4 cars during non-rush hours and 6 cars during rush hours and they wanted to borrow some cars from the (V) so it can equal to the (G) cars. 2nd link.....I find it to a load full of crap b/c Wikipedia is not resourceful and (F) trains riders aren't that happy then why are they still riding that line. If they are desperately wanting the connection to the Lexington Avenue Line....they can either take the (E) to 23rd Street-Ely Avenue and walk to the (7)<7> and take the (7)<7> to Grand Central-42nd Street or take the (7) from 74th Street-Broadway from transferring from Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue and/or stay on the (E) and get off @ Lexington Avenue-53rd Street and the (6) from there. Instead of complaining about fare hikes they rather complain about the subway cars and transferring to other trains. When I ride the (F) and see lots of ppl get off @ Lexington Avenue-63rd Street so its not less popular....that is such non-sense

That would save the (MTA) lots of money.

the weird par tis the (F) loves the (V) and the (F) loves the (G) but the (G) and (V) hate eachother.

Here I found a website about save the (G) here: http://www.savetheg.org/

As I stated before the article or link is about the (G) having 4 cars instead of 8. Whats the non-sense is that the link said the (V) replaced (G) in Queens a crop of crap b/c the (V) replaced the (F) via 53rd Street. Yes I must admit the (G) are getting screwed constantly, but its up to the (G) riders to go to the public hearing about the service cuts/fare increasing and speak their minds. They not going to see the (G) terminating @ Church Avenue in the near future. Leave the (F) just the way it is, its fine running via 63rd Street!

December 1st, kiss the (W)(Z) goodbye. On Monday, I'll be standing in front of Whitehall Street with a sign saying "Leave the (W) Alone"

Why do people keep insisting this is happening in Dec? Nothing has been said by the MTA. Railfans need to stop foaming and spreading false information.

Archived