Al-Qaeda plotting attack against NYC subways during holidays...

duelingdragons

Al-Qaeda terrorists came within 45 days of attacking the New York subway system with a lethal gas similar to that used in Nazi death camps.

U.S. intelligence got its first inkling of the plot from the contents of a laptop computer belonging to a Bahraini jihadist captured in Saudi Arabia early in 2003. It contained plans for a gas-dispersal system dubbed "the mubtakkar" (Arabic for inventive). Fearing that al-Qaeda's engineers had achieved the holy grail of terror R&D - a device to effectively distribute hydrogen-cyanide gas, which is deadly when inhaled - the CIA immediately set about building a prototype based on the captured design, which comprised two separate chambers for sodium cyanide and a stable source of hydrogen, such as hydrochloric acid.

Recently in Subchat the prototype device was found in a train car that was not supposed to be reefed. Unclear if there were more prototype devices in use or they migrated them to full working devices. So to have a warning shortly after and with the existing troubles of the MTA, a Terrorist threat seems likely and prudent.

When I took the subway cars back in 2006, attacks on the subway system seemed imminent. I saw muslims staging themselves in carefully placed positions as if to prepare for an attack. I would also see cops come into the trains at times or by the outside. Sometimes I felt as if the terrorists were being watched and monitored with people inside the subway cars or police but I was never certain.

So yeah there are people who if security was not in play would definitely attack the system if given the chance and especially now.

Now it is just like back in 2006. In 2006 nothing happened in the USA while Spain and the UK was hit.

Department of Homeland Security has gotten better at these things but still, does the US have the capabilities in place to prevent attack, and the question will be found out after the holiday season.

The biggest threat is likely hydrogen-cyanide which some people can smell as a faint almond like oder, while others lack the genetic capability to smell it at all.

Can cops prevent some rogue person spraying this in the subway, with the poor ventalation systems in place which were not even upgraded from aboveground or below ground? Only time will tell.

If you spend as much time in the system as some of us are forced to you can easily see how unprotected the system really is.

Once you leave manhattan especially there is very little police presence outside of the rush hours. The true eyes and ears of the system are the same people that the TA wants to lay off.

If you spend as much time in the system as some of us are forced to you can easily see how unprotected the system really is.

Once you leave manhattan especially there is very little police presence outside of the rush hours. The true eyes and ears of the system are the same people that the TA wants to lay off.

Now thats true...out were I was born an raised a few blocks from Baychester Av on the (5)....its a damn ghost town and at nite it feels like your the only one waiting for the (5). One can easily attack the system on any of the outter borough lines and go un-noticed w/o ever knowing who did it.

Now thats true...out were I was born an raised a few blocks from Baychester Av on the (5)....its a damn ghost town and at nite it feels like your the only one waiting for the (5). One can easily attack the system on any of the outter borough lines and go un-noticed w/o ever knowing who did it.

One of my friends got robbed on the back of the (5)

I don't think so. The american people need change.

- A

Lulz. America was fed the notion that Obama was what they needed by the Media. Obama isn't the great "savior" that the people that voted for him and the media would like for America to believe. America is still going to continue to slip down the s**t hole.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27925893/

=(

Ughhhh...

I'm not saying it will happen, but its just sad that we even have to worry about such things.

Al Queda must be destroyed!!!!!!

Lulz. America was fed the notion that Obama was what they needed by the Media. Obama isn't the great "savior" that the people that voted for him and the media would like for America to believe. America is still going to continue to slip down the s**t hole.

Julio I agree. While I am happy that the pretzle choking bastard will be out of office soon Obama is not going to be our savior. We are in for a long haul of crappy times I hate to say. I do hope I am wrong, but there are many signs. I am in the construction industry (local 3 I.B.E.W) and I see things getting slow not bad but it will get there if the current economy doesn't reverse trends. That said I hope I am sooooooo wrong. 8-( One thing that makes me happy is that my Lionel M7 set is in and I will be picking it up tomm!! Pics to follow.

There were so many cops & national guard all around with very suspicious eyes today i doubt anything would have happened.

- A

It was a few weeks ago when I saw not 1 or 2, but 5 cops on a single car when I was riding the (4) to school. It was at Grand Central at around 6:47 in the morning. They were armed with M16s. And they look like they have riot gear on them.

Archived