Platform Edge Barriers are coming

6 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

People are forgetting these things are not meant to be true platform barriers. This is a test and trial run, not the actual installation.

😃😃😃 you’ve been  around long enough to know that many posters don’t even know the difference between real world orders and prototypes. Happy New Year. Carry on.

Oh and BTW regarding that Bulletin that's floating around the president of NYCTransit issued a memo they gonna come after ANY EMPLOYEE found out sharing anything RTO related Document wise on social media..

Whichever platform it showed up in is irrelevant.

So RTO Folks here keep MTA business paper wise off social media or deal with two Broadway..

11 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

He should also keep an eye on his own people...

As one of my favorite classic TV shows taught me... a leak like that could just as easily come from the top as it can from the bottom. 

As well as he should.

On 1/26/2024 at 11:01 AM, RTOMan said:

Oh and BTW regarding that Bulletin that's floating around the president of NYCTransit issued a memo they gonna come after ANY EMPLOYEE found out sharing anything RTO related Document wise on social media..

Whichever platform it showed up in is irrelevant.

So RTO Folks here keep MTA business paper wise off social media or deal with two Broadway..

Was it because of the heat from the R211T debacle?

These yellow barriers should be scrapped, nobody likes them, there is lots of bad reviews from riders, this is a waste of money, the MTA should wait till the 3 station platform doors or barriers get installed at Times Square (7) Stuphin (E) 3rd Avenue (L), which unfortunately has no contract awarded yet for the project

Edited by Chris89292

7 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Was it because of the heat from the R211T debacle?

That was the tip of the Iceberg...

There was incidents of such things going on not just here but social media in general The man had enough...

On 1/29/2024 at 10:48 PM, Chris89292 said:

These yellow barriers should be scrapped, nobody likes them, there is lots of bad reviews from riders, this is a waste of money, the MTA should wait till the 3 station platform doors or barriers get installed at Times Square (7) Stuphin (E) 3rd Avenue (L), which unfortunately has no contract awarded yet for the project

The good thing is that these stations have alternatives without major inconvenience:

- (7) service at Times Sq-42 St can be provided to/from 42 St-Bryant Park / 5 Av by using the shuttle passageway (converted to 24-hour open passageway). All transfers to the (1)(2)(3)(A)(C)(E)(N)(Q)(R) trains are still available 

- (E) service at Sutphin Blvd can be provided by the (J) (Z) to/from Parsons/Archer and then connect to the (E) train

- (L) service at 3 Av can be provided by using the Union Square Station or 1 Av Station, both of which are 2 blocks away.

• 2 weeks later...

The barriers have been added to Morgan Avenue, on the Manhattan bound platform.

the markings for them to be placed on the southbound platform are already there.

Source: my own two eyes, as I was working the L today.

(I was actually able to pick specific jobs for the major holidays this pick, all L jobs to make my life somewhat easy)

2 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

The barriers have been added to Morgan Avenue, on the Manhattan bound platform.

the markings for them to be placed on the southbound platform are already there.

Source: my own two eyes, as I was working the L today.

(I was actually able to pick specific jobs for the major holidays this pick, all L jobs to make my life somewhat easy)

I noticed there's an entry for the Canarsie-bound platform's closure for Friday night through Saturday morning. I'm guessing that's to install the barriers.

• 1 month later...