Say GoodBy to the R40S/M R42's on the C

North-Eastern T/O

Well, MTR... That link provided is confusing, yes it is! Deal with it and take the fact... I don't know when that thing is created but possibly by some rumour type of stuff, I'd rather trust the datasheet on nycsubway.org...

Well the datasheet on nycsubway.org is reliable, but not well updated.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You complain, why can't I?

Complain to the person if you really feel his info sucks. You know why? It actually helps him. Because he can make necessary changes so that other people could read it better. Complaining to me doesn't do any good.

Personally, I do see flaws in his list, but I am not going to make a big deal out of it. Why? That guy is kind of enough to share that kind of information with us, you think everyone in the city is able to provide you with this kind of information?

Dude, it does not suck, it needs better graphics and no metion on PM/AM... It will be much clearer... And again I ain't complaining to you! I am not making big deal out of it, I know he is kind enough, so just suggestions, not complaints as you call it, :mad::eek:!!!

Talk to the guy, not me.

According to NYCSubway, the R160 Option 2 will replace the R40M and R42 stocks.

The East New York R42s will be replaced by an incoming R160A Option 2 order. .

I was concerned about this for a while. This option order would have to be R160A-1's because BMT Eastern Lines cannot have 600 ft. trains. You said there are only 50 R42's left in ENY Yard, but the R160A Option Order 2 is way more than 50 cars. So would they split it like the base order? Some R160A-1's (4 car sets) and some R160A-2's (5 car sets)

there are more R32s than R42s on the E. in fact, now that R160s are going on the E, all R42s in Jamaica are going to Pitkin to replace the R38s. that is why R40M/42s have recently popped back up on the A. soon it looks the E will use both the oldest and newest cars until the R32s retire in August.

I was concerned about this for a while. This option order would have to be R160A-1's because BMT Eastern Lines cannot have 600 ft. trains. You said there are only 50 R42's left in ENY Yard, but the R160A Option Order 2 is way more than 50 cars. So would they split it like the base order? Some R160A-1's (4 car sets) and some R160A-2's (5 car sets)

Yes; only some of that order would be four car sets. Originally, it was supposed to be 64, which would replace all the 42's. Now, they're saying 32, which would be half. Don't know why they reduced it like that.

The order will have to be split. The 242 can't all fit at East New York, it will be the same deal as the base order, so a fraction of them will go to East New York to ideally replace all of the R42s and the rest going to either Coney Island Yard or Jamaica Yard.

Yes, there are 50 R42s at the last count. Numbers are 4788-4817, 4820-4839. This is from TTMG's Transitwiki.

there are more R32s than R42s on the E. in fact, now that R160s are going on the E, all R42s in Jamaica are going to Pitkin to replace the R38s. that is why R40M/42s have recently popped back up on the A. soon it looks the E will use both the oldest and newest cars until the R32s retire in August.

Can anyone comfirm what FlushingExpress is saying? In my observation, the E has a few R160 consists, maybe 3, and then it seems to be about 3:1, R42 to R32. I actually find a fair amount of R32s on the F right now. Are the R42s from Jamaica really moving to Pitkin? I thought Pitkin had very few parts for them.

Can anyone comfirm what FlushingExpress is saying? In my observation, the E has a few R160 consists, maybe 3, and then it seems to be about 3:1, R42 to R32. I actually find a fair amount of R32s on the F right now. Are the R42s from Jamaica really moving to Pitkin? I thought Pitkin had very few parts for them.

Currently there are 3 sets in service on the E.

Proof: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=d268djb_4f2wsg5kp&hl=en

look, the (E) alternates as to what cars it uses. one day, it is mostly R42s and the next is nearly all R32s. i visited the (E) two days in a row earlier this month. the first time, i caught one two R32s and 10 R42s, but the next was nothing but R32s. R42s ARE being moved from Jamaica to Pitkin as more R160s enter service on the (E). recent spottings have R40M/42s back on the (A) and R42s dwindling on the (E). i already said many times that Queens Boulevard riders hate the R42s and those cars are going to retire the R38s.

look, the (E) alternates as to what cars it uses. one day, it is mostly R42s and the next is nearly all R32s. i visited the (E) two days in a row earlier this month. the first time, i caught one two R32s and 10 R42s, but the next was nothing but R32s. R42s ARE being moved from Jamaica to Pitkin as more R160s enter service on the (E). recent spottings have R40M/42s back on the (A) and R42s dwindling on the (E). i already said many times that Queens Boulevard riders hate the R42s and those cars are going to retire the R38s.

It makes sense, the 166 R42s are going to Pitkin to retire the R38s there.

I have two MTA sources that are saying that 32s may be going to the C this weekend. Not all, some of them. And some 40Ms may come to Jamaica. Maybe this weekend. But, I've heard this before. We'll see what takes shape next week. 2 new train sets of 160s should be in service on the E within the next 2 weeks. Sometimes a set will be taken off for awhile to work on computer glitches.

From what I can see, sometimes the E runs mostly 42s, sometimes the 32s seem to be in a high number. Maybe, it's whatever is in the best running condition at a given time. I mostly hang out around 34th St. when I'm in the city and watch what goes on on the A/C/E lines. (Then it's Midtown Direct to South Orange).

I have two MTA sources that are saying that 32s may be going to the C this weekend. Not all, some of them. And some 40Ms may come to Jamaica. Maybe this weekend. But, I've heard this before. We'll see what takes shape next week. 2 new train sets of 160s should be in service on the E within the next 2 weeks. Sometimes a set will be taken off for awhile to work on computer glitches.

From what I can see, sometimes the E runs mostly 42s, sometimes the 32s seem to be in a high number. Maybe, it's whatever is in the best running condition at a given time. I mostly hang out around 34th St. when I'm in the city and watch what goes on on the A/C/E lines. (Then it's Midtown Direct to South Orange).

I would like to read your sources.

Archived