Say GoodBy to the R40S/M R42's on the C

North-Eastern T/O

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold on Hold on, just becuz u say that its gonna be removed, doesnt prove much.

Just like Pelham bay dave said about the R160s gonna be on the (F) this month or something, and that wasnt true. More Proof plz

cuz it doesnt make sence that they are gonna switch in a week from R40s/42 to 32/38 SMEEs

even tho i would love to see the 38s/32s back

any why couldnt the damn R40/42s stop at the 8 cars?? why at 10 Cars wtf?

That's right as of Monday the R40s/m/R42's will be off the (C) line replacing them are going to be R38's and R32's from Jamaica Yard. Jamaica Yard will get the R42's and some R40m's from Piken/207 Yards. The reason for the change back is people falling while running for the (C) trains. So it's goodbye, So long, Fear Well.

hmm...thanks for the update NETO.

AS for the proff, My Wensday C/R work the (C) the rest of the week and was told by the TSS that by Monday the R32/38 will be back on the (C). Ther R40m/R42's will be goning to Jamica Yard. I was told by someother T/O that there looking for T/O from both the (C), (E) and who ever else want to work overtime tonight to more trains between the 3 yards. Plus a Supt. that I know also told me, I would have not posted anything if I did not get a few people telling me the same thing.

Good Enough.

what will happen to slants on the (C) would they move bak to the (:D cause I wanna see more on the (:D but they should have move the R40M's bak on the (:) cause they look great on that line

The Slants might go back to the (A) since that's where the R38s went.

AS for the proff, My Wensday C/R work the (C) the rest of the week and was told by the TSS that by Monday the R32/38 will be back on the (C). Ther R40m/R42's will be goning to Jamica Yard. I was told by someother T/O that there looking for T/O from both the (C), (E) and who ever else want to work overtime tonight to more trains between the 3 yards. Plus a Supt. that I know also told me, I would have not posted anything if I did not get a few people telling me the same thing.

Good Enough.

wats TSS

also i guess it is a gd idea for the 32s to return to the (C) but why the 38s? Dies this mean the 38s on the (A) has to go back with the (C)? I thought it were on the (A) for easy access for scrapping over at 207

This is getting too confusing!!!

So let me get this straight...

R32: went from the (A)/© to the (E)/(F)/® and now is comming back to the (A)/©?!?

R38: went from the (C) to the (A) and back to the (C)?!?

R40 family: went from the (:D, then to the (A), then to the (C) and now back to the (A)?!?

R42: went from the (J)/(Z), then to the (A), then to the (E), then to the (C) and now back to the (A)/©?!?

this is some straight up bullcrap!!!!! the (MTA) needs to make up their minds!!!

And on another side note... MAKE THE F*****G (C) 10 F*****G CARS LONG!!!! OR AT LEAST LET IT USE THE R44 TO MAKE IT SEEM 10 CARS!!!!!!!!!!

wats TSS

also i guess it is a gd idea for the 32s to return to the (C) but why the 38s? Dies this mean the 38s on the (A) has to go back with the (C)? I thought it were on the (A) for easy access for scrapping over at 207

TSS means Train Service Supervisor.

In the all the stations on the (C) line the C/R has to be aligned with the board, but this is not possible on R42s because they don't have the controls in each cab. So now the C/R is not in the middle of the train, but in the 6th car if I'm not mistaken, which makes the train go to the S marker unlike stopping at the 8 marker, so now all trains stop at S including R38s.

Anyways, I think it's a good idea they put the older fleet back on the line, even though they should have waited unlike spraying over all the paint for the car number markers... :D

What. :mad:

Why would the (MTA) want to put back the R32/R38 on the (A)/©?

The (MTA) put the R40slant/R40A/R40M/R42 on the (C) and now they want to removed from the (C),The (C) train riders are not going to be thrilled to see R32/R38 back on the (C) because they cloud not stand those F**k up R32/R38 on the (C) line and the (MTA) just put the R40slant/R40A/R40m/R42 since 12/8/2008 and now they want to removed them from the line and have them go to the (E)/(F)/® lines. If the (MTA) is going to remove the R40slant/R40A/R40M/R42 from the (C) then what the hell was the purpose of giving the C the R40slant/R40A/R40M/R42 then.

The (C) needed some change but now were going to see the R32/R38 there again and it will be worst.

Looks like the R40slant/R40A/R40M/R42 will go to the (E)/(F)/® lines. This will not make sence if the (MTA) removes the R40slant/R40A/R40M/R42 from the (C) line quickly. Once again the (MTA) car assignment change will not make sence. Also this is the month where the R32/R38 should retire but instead they delayed because of lots of cars in service and that still doesn't make any sence. When will the (MTA) make the right choice?

Also the (E) riders are not going to be thrilled because they will see more R42 on the line and they can't stand R42 on the line and they want R46 or R160 not old cars but at least they will be happy when the R32 get removed from the (E).

it still doesn't make sense. To make everything all easier, here is my idea...

R32. Use on the (F), (R), and (V) (yes, I said (V))

R38. SCRAP THE DAMN CARS ALREADY!!!!!

R40 family. Use on the (A) and (C) (AND MAKE THE DAMN (C) 10 F*****G CARS)

R42. Use on the (E), (F), and (G) (yes, (G))

R46. Use on the (E), (G), and (R)

R160A-2. USE ON THE (C), (E), AND (F)

This is getting too confusing!!!

So let me get this straight...

R32: went from the (A)/© to the (E)/(F)/® and now is comming back to the (A)/©?!?

R38: went from the (C) to the (A) and back to the (C)?!?

R40 family: went from the (:D, then to the (A), then to the (C) and now back to the (A)?!?

R42: went from the (J)/(Z), then to the (A), then to the (E), then to the (C) and now back to the (A)/©?!?

this is some straight up bullcrap!!!!! the (MTA) needs to make up their minds!!!

And on another side note... MAKE THE F*****G (C) 10 F*****G CARS LONG!!!! OR AT LEAST LET IT USE THE R44 TO MAKE IT SEEM 10 CARS!!!!!!!!!!

1. Calm down on your cursing. It is inappropriate.

2. The Mods and Pitkin R42s will be sent to Jamaica and Phase 1s from Jamaica will be sent down to Pitkin. This is due to the retirement process. The cars have to serve on the Pitkin lines before entering the deathyard. It would be a difficult process to send the trains from Jamaica Yard OOS to 207th.

3. The reason why the (C) will be using Phase 1 and R38s is because there were too many complaints about the placement of the train. The Mods and R42s had to stop at the "10" marker. This required passengers on the far end to walk 2 car lengths. This is probably because the 4th car on the Mods and R42s do not have C/R controls. The controls are on the 3rd and 5th Cars. The R32s and R38s have C/R controls in the 4th Car.

4. Once the Slants, R32s and R38s are all retired (which will occur sometime late next year), MOST LIKELY, the Mods and R42s will return to Pitkin. These will be replaced by the incoming R160s at Jamaica.

The (MTA) put the R40slant/R40A/R40M/R42 on the (C) and now they want to removed from the (C),The (C) train riders are not going to be thrilled to see R32/R38 back on the (C) because they cloud not stand those F**k up R32/R38 on the (C) line and the (MTA) just put the R40slant/R40A/R40m/R42 since 12/8/2008 and now they want to removed them from the line and have them go to the (E)/(F)/® lines. If the (MTA) is going to remove the R40slant/R40A/R40M/R42 from the (C) then what the hell was the purpose of giving the C the R40slant/R40A/R40M/R42 then.

Looks like the R40slant/R40A/R40M/R42 will go to the (E)/(F)/® lines. This will not make sence if the (MTA) removes the R40slant/R40A/R40M/R42 from the (C) line quickly. Once again the (MTA) car assignment change will not make sence. Also this is the month where the R32/R38 should retire but instead they delayed because of lots of cars in service and that still doesn't make any sence. When will the (MTA) make the right choice?

Slants are probably staying on the (A). But the mods and R42s will be sent to Jamaica Yard in exchange for R32s. You are right, it makes no sense. It is all due to poor planning. It will confuse the (C) riders, but it will relieve them, because they would have to walk 2 car lengths.

Originale (MTA) confusion...

Oh and wait the (C) is going to be 10 Cars long under the 2008-2013 Capital Program...

Yes, being implemented on an unknown date. XX/XX/XXXX

it still doesn't make sense. To make everything all easier, here is my idea...

R32. Use on the (F), (R), and (V) (yes, I said (V))

R38. SCRAP THE DAMN CARS ALREADY!!!!!

R40 family. Use on the (A) and (C) (AND MAKE THE DAMN (C) 10 F*****G CARS)

R42. Use on the (E), (F), and (G) (yes, (G))

R46. Use on the (E), (G), and (R)

R160A-2. USE ON THE (C), (E), AND (F)

Stop dreaming. This will NOT HAPPEN.

If the info provided by NETO is true, then:

The reason why the Phase 1s will be back at Pitkin is because they will have to retire. They are in the process of retiring the R38s. The Slants will most likely stay on the (A). But the Mods and R42s will have to be transferred to Jamaica in exchange for the R32s there. It wouldn't make sense taking trains OOS at Jamaica Yard and then send them directly to the deathyard.

The R42s will replace ALL Phase 1s at Jamaica, therefore going to the lines that run R32s and/or currently running R42s. So the (E)(F)(R) will use them. The R46s will NOT be a mainstay on the (E). There are more doors on a 10 60-ft car train than a 8 75-ft car train. Thus, they will continue to operate regularly on the (F)(G)(R)(V).

The R160A-order 1 will be based out of Jamaica Yard. They will run on the (E)(F), and will displace the R40M and the R42. The second option order for R160A will be made into 4 car sets, to be based out of ENY.

Hold on Hold on, just becuz u say that its gonna be removed, doesnt prove much.

Just like Pelham bay dave said about the R160s gonna be on the (F) this month or something, and that wasnt true. More Proof plz

cuz it doesnt make sence that they are gonna switch in a week from R40s/42 to 32/38 SMEEs

even tho i would love to see the 38s/32s back

any why couldnt the damn R40/42s stop at the 8 cars?? why at 10 Cars wtf?

Who are you to ask him for proof? He's a train operator and your not that should be enough proof for you my friend. That was very inconsiderate of you. We should appreciate the ifno and not question it. Anything can change in the world of transit thats how it is.

Who are you to ask him for proof? He's a train operator and your not that should be enough proof for you my friend. That was very inconsiderate of you. We should appreciate the ifno and not question it. Anything can change in the world of transit thats how it is.

Not all (MTA) workers tell the truth.

Archived