R160 Options 2 & 3

Maserati7200

Wrong. I can't stand those R44 cars on the (A). I hope they get trashed like they deserve to.

oh good, at least im not the only person that hates those giant ugly pieces of trash.

Your Totally Wrong!

There is not such ting as an R160 option order 3 so stop making up stuff.

the R160 option order 3 is a POSSIBILITY. it might happen, it might not, so do me a favor. stop saying there is no such thing until it has actually been confirmed!

oh good, at least im not the only person that hates those giant ugly pieces of trash.

Please. You act like the R44 is a POS. It's not that much worse than an R46. If only you could stop looking at those cars with such bias. I mean you stayed away from the (A) JUST BECAUSE it ran R44s and no R32s. That is total foam.

Please. You act like the R44 is a POS. It's not that much worse than an R46. If only you could stop looking at those cars with such bias. I mean you stayed away from the (A) JUST BECAUSE it ran R44s and no R32s. That is total foam.

R44s are a POS, period.

Excuse me.

Let me say something if there was an R160 option order 3 then there would be a source but since there is no source and nobody is giving it to me then I not believing til I see the source.

there are sources and we already gave them to you, but idk why you will not believe them.

then give me link to the source or I won't believe you.

You already know what I'm going to say if there is no source.

http://www.nycsubway.org/cars/r160.html

that link clearly states that there is a "potentional" for a third R160 option order. it has not been decided whether or not it will happen, so no more of this BS, ok?

ok guys look:

the reason R44's are bad is because of the salt water at rockaways. its now the R44's fault it is bad.

and R160's wont go on the (A) or (C) becuase again, the salt water @ rockaways. so i think the R179's body will be salt water proof (as in it will no get affected by salt water)

and why would they put R179's on the (B) or (D) when those cars are gonna reitre 2022? and especially R160's? i mean MAYBE it will be ok if they put R160 on the (B) to replace the R40s on the (B) put 50% R160's?

the R179 is scheduled to come in by 2014.

ok guys look:

the reason R44's are bad is because of the salt water at rockaways. its now the R44's fault it is bad.

and R160's wont go on the (A) or (C) becuase again, the salt water @ rockaways. so i think the R179's body will be salt water proof (as in it will no get affected by salt water)

and why would they put R179's on the (B) or (D) when those cars are gonna reitre 2022? and especially R160's? i mean MAYBE it will be ok if they put R160 on the (B) to replace the R40s on the (B) put 50% R160's?

i said a dozen times already, Coney Island has top priority when it comes to getting new cars, so it only makes sense for R179s to go on the (B)(D)(G) and transfer some of the R68/68As to Pitkin to replace the R44s.

ok guys look:

That is not 100% true about the salt water thing. We need scientific tests to prove that. How does the salt water even touch-no how does the trains touch the salt water. I mean, I get it if you mean, the salt water hit the rails and the trains run over it, but otherwise, we need tests/expreiments conducted.

i said a dozen times already, Coney Island has top priority when it comes to getting new cars, so it only makes sense for R179s to go on the (B)(D)(G) and transfer some of the R68/68As to Pitkin to replace the R44s.

By the end of option II CI will be almost all R160 and most, if not all of the R68s will have been transferred to Pitkin. The R179s are only going to Pitkin and Jamaica Yards to directly retire the R44 and R46. CI won't be a factor because it's already all R160.

By the end of option II CI will be almost all R160 and most, if not all of the R68s will have been transferred to Pitkin. The R179s are only going to Pitkin and Jamaica Yards to directly retire the R44 and R46. CI won't be a factor because it's already all R160.

so your telling me that the (D) or (B) would run R160's by December? i would love to see a R160 on the (B)

Why? Pitkin and 207 would do a much better job mantianing them than Coney Island.

Its not about maintaining in my view, its the nostalgia. R68s have always been on the 6th ave and Broadway Lines. Seeing these cars on the (A) will be very weird and very wrong in my view. Plus the R68s were the true Coney Island Classics along with the R40 Slants.

the (B)(D)(S) trains will remain having R68/R68A's for a while and R160s won't plan on running on the (B)(D)(S) trains. not anytime soon. second option is planning on going to Jamaica Yard

so your telling me that the (D) or (B) would run R160's by December? i would love to see a R160 on the (B)

No because the Option II won't start to be delivered until December 2009, so you probably wouldn't see them in service until January/February 2010. Now, assuming they go to Coney Island, Yes, you will see them on the (B), but not the (D). You will only see them on the (D) of they go to Concourse. But which yard they go to is not confirmed yet. Although, I'd bet on Coney Island because they always have priority, so its big possiblity for the (B) to get them.

You're making it seem like the the worlds coming to an end. First you don't want NG Orions VII's on the M9 and not this.

Besides, the system needs to evolve. Did anyone want the see the Arnines retire back in the seventies? No, but the system needs to evolve. Am I making myself clear to you?

I wouldn't consider the R68's nostalgic yet. I would love to see sixty-eights on the Apple.

He's saying that the R68/a's were born in Coney Island and doesn't want that to change. And I agree somewhat. Coney Island's lines will never be the same without R68/A's

I would like to know your sources. Stainless steel can corrode only if salt water touches the surface.

My 2 cents:

I believe it's the air,since Jamaica Bay connects with the Atlantic Ocean it

has salt water.salt water evaporates in to the air,as the A line is the only line

that goes through Jamaica Bay their cars are exposed to the air thus the air

hits the steel slowly eating the steel.it's a slow process though.

An example would be titanic,it's made of iron and it's been sitting at the

bottom of the Atlantic Ocean for 106 years and it's steel is slowly being eaten

away by corals and other factors.

My 2 cents:

I believe it's the air,since Jamaica Bay connects with the Atlantic Ocean it

has salt water.salt water evaporates in to the air,as the A line is the only line

that goes through Jamaica Bay their cars are exposed to the air thus the air

hits the steel slowly eating the steel.it's a slow process though.

An example would be titanic,it's made of iron and it's been sitting at the

bottom of the Atlantic Ocean for 106 years and it's steel is slowly being eaten

away by corals and other factors.

But the salt itself doesn't evaporate, and water doesn't corrode stainless steel easily.

Its not about maintaining in my view, its the nostalgia. R68s have always been on the 6th ave and Broadway Lines. Seeing these cars on the (A) will be very weird and very wrong in my view. Plus the R68s were the true Coney Island Classics along with the R40 Slants.
How would it be weird? It would be Westinghouse motors replacing Westinghouse motors. Besides, I believe the R68s ran on the A for one week during the 90s when they were shooting a movie(forgot the name).

Archived