Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

The DCAS test administrator that I spoke to said its based on the last 5 of your social call dcas and ask to speak to the test administrator and he will tell you.

I've called dcas before and some of the people there sound as if they will say whatever they think you want to hear to get you off the phone.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I always get people on the phone there. Im persistent

well the reason I doubt the people on dcas is because they have removed the P for probation on people's names, even though their probation was extended, so their accuracy, from what I have seen is not in the 100% area.

So, a number of you have already PMed me. Here are your answers (and hopefully the answers to the unasked questions).

From the last open competitive C/R exam, the highest number that was called was 3025. If your list number is higher than that, you'll have a long wait, if indeed you ever get called. No, I don't know what that person's score was - that info never comes across my desk.

The first class to be called from the new lists is currently scheduled for October. there should be 20 people in the class. Since these will come from the promo exam, I expect them to go through about 50 people to fill the slots.

Assuming the rate at which new C/Rs are called continues the pattern from the last few months, I'm anticipating the promo list wil be exhausted next summer at the latest (and possibly a lot sooner than that).

At the moment, that October class is the only class that I know of and I don't see any more info happening until mid-September.

;) Got my score and list number...98.666 list number 365. In all honesty, how long before my number comes up? Thanks all!!!

From the 2004 test I got a 98.571 and was list number 310. I started exactly 1 year and 10 months after I took the test, so that should gve you somewhat of an idea. This test though they gave the results 3 months sooner, so you may even get called up 10 months from now. It all depends on Transits needs, such as conductors promoting to different positions, and conductors retiring.

Hi guys,

For exam 8094, list number is in the 700's. What does this mean (good or bad)? Any help would be appreciated - Thank you !

Whatever your number is would be out of a list of 14,848 applicants. The lower the number the better.

Archived