03-15-09 Farewell to the old South Ferry

Fred G

Nice dual pix... I really want it to still be open to the public so people can walk into the station and just wander around... Maybe create a fence so people cannot go into the tracks, :)!

Actually... thats not a bad idea. The only problem would be that the (MTA) wold have to maintain that station if people walked around in it, which costs $$

Nice shots and thanks for postin' Fred. I still remember the first time I visited that station as a little kid. The station booth upstairs was where I convinced my parents to start buying token 10 paks and saving (I'm really dating myself here heh)

Nice dual pix... I really want it to still be open to the public so people can walk into the station and just wander around... Maybe create a fence so people cannot go into the tracks, :)!

You actually think non-railfans just want to walk into the old station?why?what there?I don't think they care about it...IMO

Actually... thats not a bad idea. The only problem would be that the (MTA) wold have to maintain that station if people walked around in it, which costs $$

why not preserve for special occasions, similar to Brooklyn Bridge..

nice pic btw

Archived