Do you think the automated announcements on the Orion VII Next Gen are annoying?

Dave160

Do you think the automated announcements on the Orion VII Next Gen are annoying? Like everytime someone pushes the Stop requested button it always says "Please exit through the rear door", and the other various announcements that play. I know some people that are about to go on a rampage if they keep hearing the announcement over and over and some other people who just dont care. Personally, i'm neutral, and sometimes kinda find it funny.

I find the fare thing irritating, I mean, if you know how to get on a bus and pay the fare correctly, what good does it to hear that announcement played?

The "please exit through the rear door" is a worthy announcement, this CAN make caring citizens to exit through the rear door.

I find the fare thing irritating, I mean, if you know how to get on a bus and pay the fare correctly, what good does it to hear that announcement played?

The "please exit through the rear door" is a worthy announcement, this CAN make caring citizens to exit through the rear door.

It might be becuz of tourist or people never rode the bus. I dont find it annoying. Why find the bus annoying and not the train? None are. Unless a technical difficulty appears repeating it then thats annoying :) lol

It might be becuz of tourist or people never rode the bus. I dont find it annoying. Why find the bus annoying and not the train? None are. Unless a technical difficulty appears repeating it then thats annoying :) lol

No, there is something called READ THE FAREBOX. Or the stickers posted on the side of bus near the door. I'm sure tourists would read every whim of information in such a foreign city.

If you ask me "Do you think the automated announcements on the New Generation Buses are annoying?" I'll have to say, absolutely not. I'd have to say that the buses are really cool with the automated announcements, and some people have told me that the automated announcements also say the bus stops they're serving. I am really accustomed to hearing automated announcements generally, especially with the NTT trains I rider almost every occasion. So with the bus' use of the automated announcement it's very helpful and spoken clearly.

I honestly don't understand why people would think that this is annoying to constantly remind riders to "exit through the rear door." To me, those announcements are heard as often as "stand clear of the closing doors" on a train, especially the NTT subway train cars. People don't complain about those announcements on trains, so why complain about the announcements on buses? Like it or not, they're here, so let's keep our cool here.

You'll get the right idea here. :cool:

If you ask me "Do you think the automated announcements on the New Generation Buses are annoying?" I'll have to say, absolutely not. I'd have to say that the buses are really cool with the automated announcements, and some people have told me that the automated announcements also say the bus stops they're serving. I am really accustomed to hearing automated announcements generally, especially with the NTT trains I rider almost every occasion. So with the bus' use of the automated announcement it's very helpful and spoken clearly.

I honestly don't understand why people would think that this is annoying to constantly remind riders to "exit through the rear door." To me, those announcements are heard as often as "stand clear of the closing doors" on a train, especially the NTT subway train cars. People don't complain about those announcements on trains, so why complain about the announcements on buses? Like it or not, they're here, so let's keep our cool here.

You'll get the right idea here. :cool:

That stand clear of the closing doors announcement has always been a classic, no matter how much it's heard, but let me hear please exit through the rear doors just once and I want to get off the bus and wait for a RTS, V or whatever else runs on the route. Also not every NG has stop announcements, almost every one of them don't actually. This is why if I want to record a NG I go to Staten Island, less rear door announcements.

If you ask the B/O what the fare is, either he'll tell you it or tap the farebox, showing the information decal.

That's right. If people still don't know, something is wrong with them. Also, the one that keeps saying to keep the bus clean; I mean, they are always dirty.

I like the announcements. Dont see anything wrong with them. Besides, its not played alot.

Agreed!

I agree, cause most NY'ers seen to have ADD, so they need to be constantly reminded to pay their fare, and to exit out the back. It does speed up service.....

perhaps a sexier voice would be better.:(

Speaking of which, the voice of that lady on the (6) line at Buhre Ave. N/B. Why does she sound like she is being turned on and seducing someone, when she says, "The next and final stop on this train is Pelham Bay Park". I want to start laughing when I hear it........

Yes, they annoy me to s#@& I feel like removing the speakers on those buses.

Would you take them home with you, and put them next to your pillows and head, so you can hear the announcements play like nightmares while you sleep, lol?????

Archived