Best friend of mine died in the subway...

Last Wednesday, one of my best friends died in the subway. According to what I heard from the principal on Friday, it sounds as though he died from a 12/9. His body was found on the tracks. I was devastated Friday and for the much of the week.

I would like to know though, have there been any reported 12/9s as of Wednesday, 20 May 2009? I, the school and my other friends, would like to know where and when it happened and what happened at that time. Thanks for those who can provide me info.

I'm sorry to hear that your friend died. :)

I appreciate your sympathy.

I was very overwhelmed that day. I couldn't attend class because it was as if a tidal wave hit an inland city.

My friend's death is actually the THIRD death in our school. Our school was very devastated when this happen. A lot of people knew Jordin Kelley.

My close friend Irene Li was mourning over him and other friends were talking about all the good times with him on AIM. I don't know him in person, but friends have been telling me that the incident was caused by injustice, or he was pushed into an incoming train. May the Lord bless him.

My close friend Irene Li was mourning over him and other friends were talking about all the good times with him on AIM. I don't know him in person, but friends have been telling me that the incident was caused by injustice, or he was pushed into an incoming train. May the Lord bless him.

Yeah, he really was an amiable person. I heard many stories (like him being mugged or something) about what happened to him, but they are not substantiated.

My condolences to you, as I already told you before. It really sucks to lose your best friend like that.

I appreciate your condolences, man.

I'm really sad to hear about this. I checked to to see if there were any service alerts, sadly there weren't any for this case. Even though I didn't know the person but I'm sending out my condolences to the family and the students who knew him.

Thanks for looking, we, his family and the school appreciate your sympathy.

oh my goodness, im trully sorry. im sending out my condolenses to you, and the rest of his family and friends, and his loved ones as well.

im sorry for your lost. :cry:

Thanks for your condolenses. Our school will be doing an assembly in honour of Jordin, Monday.

Sorry for the loss of a bud beleive me losing buds is not cool so remember the good times 4 him. I hope everybody knows nothing could replace the frienship of a best friend

I appreciate your sympathy. Some of my friends and I carved his initials in the courtyard at school. We dug deep with hands, stones, branches, spoons and whatnot. We filled the letters with rocks.

Back in 1993, one of my grandma's co-workers' husband was killed at Smith-9st while waiting for an F train. The murderer turned out to be a paranoid schizophrenic and was pleaded guilty, but was sent to a mental institution and freed in just months. That co-worker's family then received absolutely no compensation from the government. Sadly, they were immigrants from HK that were in the US for only a few months. The 8th Amendment needs serious revisions as law is just too lenient on these "mentally unstable" people.

(Sorry for the bad grammar since I'm going through "brain blocks")

As what everyone else would do, my condolences will go out to you. My friend went through a similar phase(well, i shouldn't say similar but yeah) when her dad died. She was very devastated when that happened and I think you might have felt devastated too when you heard the story. Death really affects everyone, especially someone that is close to them (ie: best friend). It will take some time to recover so...hope you would feel good(emotionally)soon.

And also, this might sound harsh but I don't want to make it sound like it, but it's life. You just gotta move on...There is nothing you can undo in life, its just how it goes.(Just want to put my "2 cents")

I am very sorry for your loss. I too have lost people, so i know what you're going through. Just let it all out don't hold anything in, or it will cause you problems later in life.

If you need someone to talk to i'm here, my aim, yahoo & msn (& i think skype) are on my contact info. Also if you'd ever care to meet up & talk about it i'm a good listener with (sadly) lots of experience with losing people close to me.

I also want to say on behalf of the forums staff that we are all behind you in your moment of grief, and if there's anything you need we are a PM away.

- Andy

Archived