New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I found out there's a free shuttle to the Hopewell campus from the Stuyvesant-Prospect neighborhood: https://www.hopewelltwp.org/DocumentCenter/View/11739/TIPSMART-Guide-Mercer-Hospital-Listing-3323

I guess that's an alternative to taking the #608 to the last stop and walking along the highway, but it should be better-publicized, and in any case, the #608 should be extended there anyway (connections to/from the West Trenton SEPTA station, and to areas along State Street, not to mention the direct connection to the Trenton Transit Center).

37 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

So I found out there's a free shuttle to the Hopewell campus from the Stuyvesant-Prospect neighborhood: https://www.hopewelltwp.org/DocumentCenter/View/11739/TIPSMART-Guide-Mercer-Hospital-Listing-3323

I guess that's an alternative to taking the #608 to the last stop and walking along the highway, but it should be better-publicized, and in any case, the #608 should be extended there anyway (connections to/from the West Trenton SEPTA station, and to areas along State Street, not to mention the direct connection to the Trenton Transit Center).

It's not better publicized because it's not for the general public... It's only for Mercer county residents.

On 4/13/2024 at 12:13 PM, 553 Bridgeton said:

They need to ditch the paper passes and tickets this would have stopped all that nonsense. They need to get on board with fare cards. 

There was a thing on YouTube not too long ago about NJT doing farecards.  Obviously they didn’t go through with it

Just now, JLiu15 said:

Looks like 20808 was retrofitted with new color destination signs as a test. I've always thought NJT should consider other colors of destination signs, especially white LED as it looks very vibrant at night.

It even has the 195 in its proper indentation. 

On 4/14/2024 at 10:20 AM, B35 via Church said:

but yet the #163's that short turn at GSP Mall have no suffix; go figure.... It would be one thing if GSP mall was a part of the regular #163 route to Ridgewood Terminal, but it isn't.....

With as many suffixes lettered A-Z (they might as well throw in a (QJ67) while they’re at it) for the 165, you’d think the 163 would follow suit 🤷

9 hours ago, JLiu15 said:

Looks like 20808 was retrofitted with new color destination signs as a test. I've always thought NJT should consider other colors of destination signs, especially white LED as it looks very vibrant at night.

Yeah it's a spectrum sign, but with how horrible they've been doing their signs lately, I think they should use the money on other better things instead.

2 hours ago, A Former New Yorker said:

Are they added more service to the #31 at some point? Bus is always crowded and it's ridiculous that have it run such crap headways despite running along a major corridor like South Orange Avenue

If that's the case, Hilton should add some artics on that line, knowing how heavy that route is on S.Orange. It sucks that the service is not every 10 or 15 minutes on a weekday, every 20 minutes on a Saturday and Sunday have service every 25 to 30 minutes. Don't have all service end in South Orange. Have some trips end at the Dover Loop