Next Car Class to retire?

ctrain

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually the R40Ms will go next, followed by the R42s then the R32s. And yes I believe this was already discussed. Now please have this thread closed.

I was alluding to the fact that the R40Ms are a part of the R40A fleet. So technically, the R42s are next.

As far as assignments have been dealt with since overhaul(and to at least some extent, before overhaul), The R40Ms are part of the R40M fleet, as the now retired R40S were part of the R40S fleet.

The R40M fleet is intended to be retired next. If Jamaica finds certain R32/R42 cars to be particularly problematic, I would not be surprised if they are removed from service first.

Nope. The 40M's are next. The TA has to wait till more 4-car 160A's to come in to retire the 42's.
Guys, I'm not trying to boil it up here but technically the R40/A fleet is not finished retiring yet.

also about how soon will they all be gone
Around mid summer.

Actually, there's only about 40-60 R40s left running on the (E)(F)(R). RIDE THEM WHILE YOU STILL CAN! They are very rare, and these R40s are looked down upon just because they don't have a "legenday" RFW. These are exactly the same cars as the slants, so there is no reason to love the slants and hate these cars! These R40s will be the next to retire, then the R42s. The R42s out of ENY will retire whenever those R160A-1s come in, so that is independent from every other retirement.

Actually, there's only about 40-60 R40s left running on the (E)(F)(R). RIDE THEM WHILE YOU STILL CAN! They are very rare, and these R40s are looked down upon just because they don't have a "legenday" RFW. These are exactly the same cars as the slants, so there is no reason to love the slants and hate these cars! These R40s will be the next to retire, then the R42s. The R42s out of ENY will retire whenever those R160A-1s come in, so that is independent from every other retirement.

Got that right, its still an R40 even if there isnt a slant end, it was just Modded thats all. R the R40/42s running on weekends and G/Os, cuz yesterday i waited for like 30min for an (E) at 42nd Queens bound (11:45PM) and i saw nothing

I don't hate the R40 Modified at all. I just like the slant better. You cannot say they are the same exact car, because they simply aren't. The slanted end viewed from the outside (and inside) is what made the slants unique. Now that the slant is gone, it isn't the same anymore. I like the R40 Modified, but the slant was something beloved and unforgettable.

Okay, Here is what is going after the Slants

1st.The R40M out of JYD ( These Cars Are Curently Being Replaced By the Option Order I R160's, Ther is atleast 50 left)

2nd. The R42's Out Of JYD

3rd Unknown Ether the R32's Out of JYD or R42's Out of ENY , If the R42's retire from ENY, the R32's out of JYD will be tranferd to ENY Yard until retirement, Or The R42's will stay at ENY

4th and Final the R32' Phae I cars from 207th, Note All of them will not be replaced by the Option order II, If all Retire, The TA will be Short of 80-120 cars. Or The TA keeps 90 R32 Phase I's for Extra service, Note There are Only 32 R160A-2 Option Order II cars going to ENY so and That is Not Enough to replace all of the remaining SMEE's ether R42 or if Tranferd R32's out of ENY.

NOTE: The R42's Out of JAMICA YARD THAT ARE STORED ARE NOT BEING REPLACED BY OPTION ORDER I R160's, ONLY SOME, THE 99 R40M's 40-49 are already stored and you have atleast 100 More R160A's to go 9592 will be the last, 9232 I think is on TA property.

THE R32's Will Be LAST To Go, NOT THE R42's out of ENY, The TA want's the R32's to be the Last SMEE's to retire. So You Might Expect Like I slated Before See R32's at ENY, If not the R42's will stay until retierment but In Paper on TA documents The R32's are Last, Ther are currently 278 R32's in service, 4 More are put in storage for retirement, 3412/13, 3750/51 are retierd and theose cars are based out of Jamaica and they will be stored at Concourse yard or 207th.

I believe R40M should be retired next. when R40slant (

i think is also part of R40M. when will all R40M will be retired.

and when is the set up date. that R40M will first retire.

( will #4550 - #4559 first to be retired or reefed.

by end of june? :confused: :o

(E) 42 Street Time square

(E) Next Stop is

(E) QueensBoro Plaza

I believe some R40M will be kept and use for garbage train.

but it will not run into service. R40M will retire this year

may be summer of 2009? if (MTA) used R26 - R36WF , R127 garbage train.

for IRT. BMT need something so that which car can be used as

garbage train. that could be R40M , while R40M will retire this year.

Jamaica yard have 105 R32 cars and pitkin yard have 181 R32 cars.

Jamaica = 60

Pitkin = 204

I believe some R40M will be kept and use for garbage train.

but it will not run into service. R40M will retire this year

may be summer of 2009? if (MTA) used R26 - R36WF , R127 garbage train.

for IRT. BMT need something so that which car can be used as

garbage train. that could be R40M , while R40M will retire this year.

The R40Ms will be gone by the end of the summer.

I thought there was still 286 R32s in service.

60 at Jamaica, the rest at Pitkin (though I think that's only 26X R32s).

Jamaica = 60

Pitkin = 204

The R40Ms will be gone by the end of the summer.

60 at Jamaica, the rest at Pitkin (though I think that's only 26X R32s).

there are 286 R32s total with about 100 in Jamaica, but only about 60 run at any time.

when u said R32s transferred to jamaica, does that mean the J train will have some R32s???

there are no plans to have R32s transferred to ENY. besides, i would hate it because the vandals there would mess up those lovely cars.

You have a point. But the R40Ms are still as good.

R40Ms are good, but (NYCT) makes them look bad by running them with those POS R42s.

Okay, Here is what is going after the Slants

1st.The R40M out of JYD ( These Cars Are Curently Being Replaced By the Option Order I R160's, Ther is atleast 50 left)

2nd. The R42's Out Of JYD

3rd Unknown Ether the R32's Out of JYD or R42's Out of ENY , If the R42's retire from ENY, the R32's out of JYD will be tranferd to ENY Yard until retirement, Or The R42's will stay at ENY

4th and Final the R32' Phae I cars from 207th, Note All of them will not be replaced by the Option order II, If all Retire, The TA will be Short of 80-120 cars. Or The TA keeps 90 R32 Phase I's for Extra service, Note There are Only 32 R160A-2 Option Order II cars going to ENY so and That is Not Enough to replace all of the remaining SMEE's ether R42 or if Tranferd R32's out of ENY.

NOTE: The R42's Out of JAMICA YARD THAT ARE STORED ARE NOT BEING REPLACED BY OPTION ORDER I R160's, ONLY SOME, THE 99 R40M's 40-49 are already stored and you have atleast 100 More R160A's to go 9592 will be the last, 9232 I think is on TA property.

THE R32's Will Be LAST To Go, NOT THE R42's out of ENY, The TA want's the R32's to be the Last SMEE's to retire. So You Might Expect Like I slated Before See R32's at ENY, If not the R42's will stay until retierment but In Paper on TA documents The R32's are Last, Ther are currently 278 R32's in service, 4 More are put in storage for retirement, 3412/13, 3750/51 are retierd and theose cars are based out of Jamaica and they will be stored at Concourse yard or 207th.

your math is completely off. no R32s are going to ENY and those 32 CBTC R160As can replace all 50 R42s there. there are only about 600 R32s, R40Ms, and R42s left and Option II can relace them all. my prediction is that right now, all R32s/R40M/42s at Jamaica are going be retired without a specific order, then the 50 R42s at ENY, and finally, all R32s at 207th Street and Pitkin.

there are 286 R32s total with about 100 in Jamaica, but only about 60 run at any time.

there are no plans to have R32s transferred to ENY. besides, i would hate it because the vandals there would mess up those lovely cars.

R40Ms are good, but (NYCT) makes them look bad by running them with those POS R42s.

your math is completely off. no R32s are going to ENY and those 32 CBTC R160As can replace all 50 R42s there. there are only about 600 R32s, R40Ms, and R42s left and Option II can relace them all. my prediction is that right now, all R32s/R40M/42s at Jamaica are going be retired without a specific order, then the 50 R42s at ENY, and finally, all R32s at 207th Street and Pitkin.

Dude, I know what I am talking about, I got an E-Mail This Morning about the amont of the Remaining R32's, R40M's and R42's, I get info from a Very Reliable source that I will not bring up, I don't give my sources and Trust Me there is way more than just this, But I am not going to say anything,

This is the Main reason Why I don't like giving info because All of you think that I am a liar, I have way more experence than any of you yonug railbuffs, I have been doing this for over 14 years and trust me I know my stuff, And How in the Hell is 32 R160A-2's are going to retire all the Remaining SMEE's at ENY, You would ether Have to cut service or keep the remaining, I don't just Railfan, I study the system as well, All you railfans do is Railfan, You have to know the history and know the amont of subway cars are in the system, 90% I am right, And Trust Me The r160's at Jamaica are not only going to be on the (E)/(F), Lets see how smart you young cats are,

When A New Subway Car enter's Jamaica Yard, What do they do to them when most deliverd, Lets see all of you answer that Question And I will reply after.

And to Flushing Express, There are currently 200 plus 56 R32's in active service with 4 retireing, you have 71 r40M's in service and you have 220 R42's in service 170 at Jamaica and 50 at ENY.

Archived