Major Bus Depot Swaps/Moves

trainspot12

I've never been on them, but I'm looking forward to them. I'd take them over the NG's. JFk and BP can have the NG's. But to be fair BP [ex-JBI took good care of their RTS's], so I won't worry about the condition of the Bee line O5's if they end up there.

personally i miss the O5s. theres one left at FR. its one of the 4 ex-NYBS O5 suburbans. theres all O7 OGs, MCIs, and a handful of RTS buses there now.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the OP, FR is getting these. BP is getting NGs and so is JFK. FR is out of the loop when it comes to new buses now. i wouldnt mind seeing these in the Rock! I like B-L's O5s.

Last I heard, Baisley Park rejected their batch of NGs, the recent batch that Castleton got would have went to Baisley Park.

was it West Farms Depot were supposed to be reciving #9820 - #9876.

i dont see #9850 , #9860 , #9870 series are not running into service

in the bronx.

There is no 9820, it starts at 9827, ohh and 9863 been in West Farms for a while now.

There is still no word on when the WBL-05s will enter service. However, they are going to be in service before the winter pick. They are being repainted, reworked on (transmission, the signs, etc.).

On a side note 8451 and 8513 are now at Far Rockaway.

Cool that 8400/8500s are poping up at the Rock!

EDIT: I misread the number, I thought it said 8454 lol. Kinda sleepy last night..

i spotted #9868 came to West Farms Depot and running Bx21.

or it could me that i saw #9848 saw running bx21?

It's you because I saw Orion 05.501 CNG #9868 bouncing across Jamaica Av on Parsons Blvd heading towards Jamaica Station last Friday morning. I tend to doubt that "JOHN DEERE" bus would head to West Farms. Anything is possible but I just don't see that.

It's you because I saw Orion 05.501 CNG #9868 bouncing across Jamaica Av on Parsons Blvd heading towards Jamaica Station last Friday morning. I tend to doubt that "JOHN DEERE" bus would head to West Farms. Anything is possible but I just don't see that.

WF was supposed to get 9827-9876... so did anything actually make it there?

WF was supposed to get 9827-9876... so did anything actually make it there?

That's what I'd like to know...I haven't seen anything coming in, other than some 1993 O5 200s from KB and some 600s from i suppose KB and GH being pushed over to WF (I saw 244 on the Bx11 on Friday and I think I caught a glimpse of 660 on the Bx35 Monday afternoon).

On a related note, I also wonder if the 10 or 14 or so O5 CNGs in storage at CS are intended for WF?

Also, trainspot mentioned on page 10 of this thread that WF is expecting about 60 O5 CNGs to replace whatever's not an O7 or an Artic there. So I suppose the roster will go past 9876...

-MF'86

<4>

I would hope that the CNG's are for WF as LGA will be needing the current diesel buses at WF when it takes over the other former CP local lines.

It's kind of ironic how now that LGA is going to be an all local depot, but they can't take back their own CNG's because the CNG facility has been shut down. Otherwise this would've been a simple interborough swap.

Archived