Major Bus Depot Swaps/Moves

trainspot12

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply
actually, triboro created the Q53 as a replacement to LIRR's Rockaway Beach service after the burning of the trestle across the Jamaica bay and then shortened service to hamilton Bch then to Ozone Pk. FR currently has a good majority of GLs old Express runs. They can handle the route if they give up some of the routes they split with JFK. Split the route with LG i would say. Runs that end in Rock Pk could go to FR and runs ending in Woodside could go to LG

A little o/t, but I was thinking the same thing for the Q113

4245-4278 are going to Castleton, 4248 is already there.

As for Jamaica why would it need to be rebuilt 1st? It was able to house MCIs just fine so NGs will fit now.

What I want to know is what local buses are going to Eastchester for the Qbx1 and when the fall pick goes into affect?

So if Castleton are getting these, what do they give up and to where do they go?

West Farms used to be good, I live in the Bronx I know what I'm talking about. Gun Hill maintains the Vs better than any other depot, thier 5700s as well. They don't clean the back of them often though, only issue. 5768 is the only POS 5700. I ain't having no east village dude tell me otherwise.

I don't travel to the Bronx often but from the few times I've been there this summer, I would definitely say Yukon has the best 1999 Orion Vs hands down. And I'm talking Yukon Depot circa-2009 and not the trashy & mismanaged 2005-2007 Yukon Depot that everyone seems to only remember.

And also, at this point, the 3rd Orion VII NG delivery to Castleton is nearly complete from 4245-4278. Only 6 more buses in that batch need to be delivered.

I don't travel to the Bronx often but from the few times I've been there this summer, I would definitely say Yukon has the best 1999 Orion Vs hands down. And I'm talking Yukon Depot circa-2009 and not the trashy & mismanaged 2005-2007 Yukon Depot that everyone seems to only remember.

To be honest, I would give Yukon/Castleton & Gun Hill a tie when it comes to Maintaining Vs.

On another note, Yukon's 6261 made it to Kingsbridge.....that gave me a sad face cause that bus was really good.

So when is (J)(F)(K) and (F)(A)(R) rock get there taste of handy downs.....I've spoken to drivers and some of them said its not gonna happen and other where shock when I told then about...I know one of the drivers I've spoken to said there orion (V)) 5000 fleet needs to go....he said. So of then look worst them how the rts look..........

(P)(S).....I know (L)(G)(A) has a website....does any one no if (J)(F)(K)...or bp has a site.....and if they do can u send me the link.....thanks....

(J)(F)(K)...(JFK)

So when is (J)(F)(K) and (F)(A)(R) rock get there taste of handy downs.....I've spoken to drivers and some of them said its not gonna happen and other where shock when I told then about...I know one of the drivers I've spoken to said there orion (V)) 5000 fleet needs to go....he said. So of then look worst them how the rts look..........

(P)(S).....I know (L)(G)(A) has a website....does any one no if (J)(F)(K)...or bp has a site.....and if they do can u send me the link.....thanks....

(J)(F)(K)...(JFK)

What's LGAs website?

To be honest, I would give Yukon/Castleton & Gun Hill a tie when it comes to Maintaining Vs.

On another note, Yukon's 6261 made it to Kingsbridge.....that gave me a sad face cause that bus was really good.

From what I recall MCH sent 6240-6270 to KB, and 6261 was one of the oddballs that ended up at YUK. So, are you saying its back at KB now?

The ones that went to the Bronx from YUK were a lot better than the CAS ones.

I thought they are supposed to get the Bee Line O5's? Well I hope so. Those buses would be great to have. I'd rather they go to JFK/Far Rock over LGA.

Are the ex-Green Line O5's really that bad? I haven't rode one in a long while now.

the word is that FR and JFK are suppose to get the Hand-me-downs. Reminds me of the good ol' Green Lines days. From what ive seen, the WAMTA O5s need more love. their seats are terrible now. i saw a pic here of one bus with no cushions at all!

the word is that FR and JFK are suppose to get the Hand-me-downs. Reminds me of the good ol' Green Lines days. From what ive seen, the WAMTA O5s need more love. their seats are terrible now. i saw a pic here of one bus with no cushions at all!

Great news! I look forward to those buses on the Q35 line. Oh man that's a shame, I've seen a few 5900s before and after the takeover where the seat bottom was on the floor and the frame was exposed. Other seats were duct taped because they were already cut up.

What's LGAs website?

The website is jerryswebsite.info .....it have lot of pic..mostly drivers....but back to Jfk depots orion v fleet the bus have no space...no standing room or legg room....have u ever tried sittng in the last 2 seater seats by the rear door...its very painful....those buses are in bad shape...the window are a mess and most of them have only been repainter once since da takeover...

Great news! I look forward to those buses on the Q35 line. Oh man that's a shame, I've seen a few 5900s before and after the takeover where the seat bottom was on the floor and the frame was exposed. Other seats were duct taped because they were already cut up.

besides the 84 O5s, word has in on Wiki that Bee-Line's 4 O7 hybrids are on their way too. can anyone confirm this?

Archived