Major Bus Depot Swaps/Moves

trainspot12

Thanks, I forgot the last 2 numbers. It passed by too quickly for me to catch it. But I guess it might've been from Ulmer then. I take it Ulmer gave Flatbush those as well as some 8800, 9000, and 9100s for the 5070s - 5124 buses?

UP gave FLA 9074-9089, the other ZF RTS were bumped to UP by the 3900s. A few buses in the 9074-9089 batch came back to UP though.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are still be worked on at Eastchester and some still have not made it there yet. It looks like its gonna be a little bit longer until they arrive here. I guess they want to make sure they are 100% in shape before going to the depots.

Yup

They have to replace the rims and the LED signs before they go into service.

They should send those CNGs in CS storage to JG to retire those 1994-1995 CNGs there, 317 should be saved for the museum fleet. A lot of those Orion Vs in JGs are dogs, you can walk faster than those buses! As for the museum fleet, they should move 1201 to ethier Grand Ave or Fresh Pond as JG has too many museum buses esp if they add 317 and later down the line a C40LF to the museum fleet.

Interesting that 8421 is at ENY, I'm glad I got to ride it on the B44 a few weeks ago.

I totally agree 317 should be saved, as far as the other NYCT O5 CNG's, those can just be scrapped when they are ready to retire.

UP gave FLA 9074-9089, the other ZF RTS were bumped to UP by the 3900s. A few buses in the 9074-9089 batch came back to UP though.

Interesting, thanks!

They have to change the rims,the chrome well rust over time since the MTA won't clean them,just look what happened when the first order of the New Flyer Artic and NovaRTS in the 90's.

true, but theres already some O7's around the city that have them. And lets not forget LIB's O7NG's that have them as well

true, but theres already some O7's around the city that have them. And lets not forget LIB's O7NG's that have them as well

Yea but that's because LIB has a different maintenance program then MTA bus and MTA NYCT.as for the O7's that have them in the city they well be replace in about a year or 2.

They're not chrome, they're aluminum and are made by Alcoa. They don't rust and don't get painted. Just a power wash once a week.

That the thing,the mta don't wash thows buses once week I mean they can clean buses but not the wheels,aluminum rims well look like the ones on a NJ flexible bus .

Archived