Jamaica's Orion VII NG in Service

R32 3838

Q3? That's strange. The luggage rack NG was supposed to test exclusively on that route, so I would have guessed that the Q3 would have been the first line to run NG's, and almost exclusively NG's (like say the B41/44 in FLA, Q44 in CS, M60 in MHV, etc.).

The B41/44 is not even close to be being exclusively NGs. A lot of RTS still run on those routes, I got 5198 on the 41 yesterday, good bus with a lot of power esp for an 99 RTS. :cool:

Really? I thought it was just the M60. That's probably why JAM is getting so much NGs, so the Q3 could have its own set with the racks without taking away NGs from the other routes.

The plans for Jamaica getting the NG's predate the plans to put luggage racks on the buses by far, so I'm going to say no to that one.

The B41/44 is not even close to be being exclusively NGs. A lot of RTS still run on those routes, I got 5198 on the 41 yesterday, good bus with a lot of power esp for an 99 RTS. :cool:

I mean the NG's are mainly situated on the B41/44.

It would make the most sense to put it on the Q42 since it has the lowest ridership

Trust Me, I saw sour faces on the Q5, A lady that was on Linden Bivd where I was waiting said she hated those buses, I think the Q3,Q4,Q17,30,77 and 84 should have a big bulk of them, the Q5 I don't think its does well, Today I saw the stupid passengers that did not want to move to the back of the bus on the Q5, I can tell that Bus Drivers are going to go Heyshit, But My response the Bus is good, Its weird seeing those buses on the Q5 but hey, They deserve it.

4443 earlier this week on 120 Avenue. Background is darker than it appears.

4443.jpg

4443 is also on the Q4 today. So the NGS have saw service on every line but the Q3 and Q42. They're still training drivers though.

That same day, 4433 was on the Q3. So thus far, it's just the Q42 unless the Q77 hasn't seen any yet.

Trust Me, I saw sour faces on the Q5, A lady that was on Linden Bivd where I was waiting said she hated those buses, I think the Q3,Q4,Q17,30,77 and 84 should have a big bulk of them, the Q5 I don't think its does well, Today I saw the stupid passengers that did not want to move to the back of the bus on the Q5, I can tell that Bus Drivers are going to go Heyshit, But My response the Bus is good, Its weird seeing those buses on the Q5 but hey, They deserve it.

Odd, because earlier this year, I saw signs in buses on Jamaica Depot routes wondering when those routes would get new buses (after RTS #4599 was delivered in 1986---and quickly lost in an accident or fire), Jamaica Depot didn't get another new local bus for 10 years...and again, Jamaica Depot had to wait 10 years for local buses to arrive new.

The longest wait for a new local bus to date is Ulmer Park Depot (13 years and counting; 9285-9344 or what's left at UP from that batch were originally express buses later relegated to local duty; only the 92xx units at Queens Village still have soft seats).

And I'm sure riders are more comfortable on the RTS than the NG

If you mean over-crowding wise you're probably right about being more comfortable, but to me the RTSs are less comfortable because they shake, bang, vibrate, rattle, and squeak too much, also the aisle are tight in the RTSs.

I'm not aware of any RTSs with soft seats still except for the units at Queens Village.

About 2 weeks ago I rode 2 soft seated RTSs on the Q85 (JAM), half of the seats were torn up on one of them.

And I'm sure riders are more comfortable on the RTS than the NG
You can say that again!

If you mean over-crowding wise you're probably right about being more comfortable, but to me the RTSs are less comfortable because they shake, bang, vibrate, rattle, and squeak too much, also the aisle are tight in the RTSs.

The 1999 RTS buses do all those things to the exteme lol. 8750-9699 are not that bad IMO, GMCs and TMCs in the prime in the 90s were not as bad as these 99 RTS are today.

I noticed the Q17 has the most NGs. Yesterday within one hour (10 AM - 11 AM) I saw 4431, 4442, 4435, 4444, and 2 other NGs operating on the Q17 (both Northbound & Southbound). I also saw one on the Q85.

Maybe they're just doing testing on that route, a lot of testing.

4451 is at JAM

I just saw it on the Q85, what surprised me was that it was a regular 2009 NG, when I saw the number I thought it was gonna be a 2010 NG

I also saw 4438 and 4442 on the Q85 a little earlier. 4433 was also on the Q30.

4451 is at JAM

I just saw it on the Q85, what surprised me was that it was a regular 2009 NG, when I saw the number I thought it was gonna be a 2010 NG

Yeah that is surprising. I wonder when we're going to start seeing the 2010 NG models now.

4451 is at JAM

I also saw 4438 and 4442 on the Q85 a little earlier. 4433 was also on the Q30.

Is there going to be a difference between the 2009 & 2010 model?

Is there going to be a difference between the 2009 & 2010 model?

Yeah, its nothing major but that last hump on the roof isn't there anymore and I think they also modified the doors a little.

Yeah that is surprising. I wonder when we're going to start seeing the 2010 NG models now.

As soon as I walked outside I saw an NG coming, so I thought I'd catch my first bus pic and it happened to be 4451 (again for the third time today lol) on the Q85.

4030153278_7ce84d5e62.jpg

I apologize for the quality, something told me to bring my camera but I didn't so I had to catch it with my BlackBerry, its a little hard to see the number but it can be made out.

Archived