Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm filling out the 20 page questionnaire and there is a question that reads:

Were you ever disciplined (i.e suspended, demoted, reprimanded, fined, fired, terminated, discharged) in any position, by either a public or private employer?

My question is: If I answer YES to being terminated from a job years ago, will that hinder my chances of getting the job?

I'm filling out the 20 page questionnaire and there is a question that reads:

Were you ever disciplined (i.e suspended, demoted, reprimanded, fined, fired, terminated, discharged) in any position, by either a public or private employer?

My question is: If I answer YES to being terminated from a job years ago, will that hinder my chances of getting the job?

I don't think it should. But it depends on what you were terminated for.

How did you answer that question on the mini application they sent you in the mail latinojetsfan? Did you check yes or no? Answer the same way you answered on the other application, and TELL THE TRUTH.

I was asked to resign from my last job (wasn't technically fired). Just to be safe and cover my a**, I disclosed it.

They are currently in the 400s.

And relax: Andrew, a T/O who sometimes psots here, was fired from 2 jobs and was still hired. Now if you were fired for stealing or cursing out your boss, that might be a problem. If you don't mind me asking, what were you fired (or punished) for?

I don't think it should. But it depends on what you were terminated for.

I don't think that companies give out "reasons" for termination anymore. But i can't even remember a lot of jobs i've had after high school. I graduated in 1993. So i had to go to the SS administration to get a list. I was charged $50 and to tell the truth, I have no idea what to write for "reason" for leaving because i can't remember lots of this stuff.

How did you answer that question on the mini application they sent you in the mail latinojetsfan? Did you check yes or no? Answer the same way you answered on the other application, and TELL THE TRUTH.

I was asked to resign from my last job (wasn't technically fired). Just to be safe and cover my a**, I disclosed it.

On the initial 5 page application I checked off NO. But now looking back, a termination might pop up. Do I have a problem? This sucks. I had to go down to the SS office to get a full employment history because i can't remember every job i've had since 1993.

Yes, 10 years, but if you were fired or anything of the like, I beleive you still must disclose it even if it was more than 10 years ago.

That doesn't make any sense to me, then again this is the MTA that we

are dealing with. What happens if the employer who you worked for

is no longer in business? how can they verify that you ever worked there

and for how long.

latino J E T S fan is right that they can't say the reason why you were

fired. All that they can say if you ever worked there and for how long.

But if they aren't going to hold it against you then by all means disclose

it. The worst thing that anyone of us can do on our paperwork is LIE.

Any idea on where I can see a complete list?

The link in the OP is dead...

although at this rate I feel like my chances of being called are dead also.

I got a 96 but didn't make the top 2000. :(

No your chances are hardly dead, the list is moving along quite nicely and it might even speed up the next few months. Your'e still ways off, much more than a year but be on standby because it's looking good.

I was wondering if they check your credit history for the C/R position...And if so, is it a deal breaker if it's not so good.

Good question, I havent read or heard that they do, but I'll assume that its a posibility for direct money handling titles, that is if transit is keeping up with the times.

That doesn't make any sense to me, then again this is the MTA that we

are dealing with. What happens if the employer who you worked for

is no longer in business? how can they verify that you ever worked there

and for how long.

latino J E T S fan is right that they can't say the reason why you were

fired. All that they can say if you ever worked there and for how long.

But if they aren't going to hold it against you then by all means disclose

it. The worst thing that anyone of us can do on our paperwork is LIE.

So can the background check company, Yale Associates, find out if you have been fired??? I think that companies can only verify time of employment and last salary.

I don't know the specifics of the background check they do since there are all different types of background checks. There are basic, and then you have really in-depth ones (think CIA and FBI background checks). The only thing I could think of is that if you collected uninsurance benefits, they could find it and possibly determine that you were fired for that reason, since you generally can't collect if you resign. Call up Livingston St. tomorrow and ask what you should do.

I don't know the specifics of the background check they do since there are all different types of background checks. There are basic, and then you have really in-depth ones (think CIA and FBI background checks). The only thing I could think of is that if you collected uninsurance benefits, they could find it and possibly determine that you were fired for that reason, since you generally can't collect if you resign. Call up Livingston St. tomorrow and ask what you should do.

I have to go to Livingston Street tomorrow at 7:30AM.

I hope it all goes well.

How many of them you know of work in RTO, in saftey sensitive titles?

Think about that for a minute, DO NOT be misinformed....

I haven't started or have not been notified as yet to start the paperwork process. I'm basing my information on others. I don't know what RTO means or what it entails. So don't get on my case about it. If you have any correct info to provide please inform me of what you know. Thank you!

I haven't started or have not been notified as yet to start the paperwork process. I'm basing my information on others. I don't know what RTO means or what it entails. So don't get on my case about it. If you have any correct info to provide please inform me of what you know. Thank you!

RTO=Rapid Transit Operations

You are talking about Conductor right? Thats part of RTO it was mentioned in the last page when another poster asked.

You said you knew of people who did it and i asked you if they work down here thats it.

Im not getting on your case, im just pulling yer coat nothing more nothing less..

It doesnt seem like he was getting on your case. With rapid transit operation's (RTO) ramdom scheduling and high stress conditions, it wont matter how determined you are, youll miss nursin classes. Ive seen people manage even more stressful career situations, but at least the scheduling would lend itself to it.

It doesnt seem like he was getting on your case. With rapid transit operation's (RTO) ramdom scheduling and high stress conditions, it wont matter how determined you are, youll miss nursin classes. Ive seen people manage even more stressful career situations, but at least the scheduling would lend itself to it.

"Needs Of The Service"

Some people dont REALLY dont understand what those words mean until they get down here and belong to the Crew Office for a few years..

Now once you pick a Job you can manage something like that. People have done it. The Union has programs as well that can help your career down here.

Archived