Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I called 347-643-8500. It starts off automated, listen to the prompts and it will take you to a live person. Can you post what the last list # of hire is when you call? Hoping it is moving right along. :(

I found out a few days ago a friend of mind just passed his medical, etc. His list number was #423. As far as I know they're well into the 400s. Two hundred more to go til they get 2 me. Yay!! :tup: :)

I found out a few days ago a friend of mind just passed his medical, etc. His list number was #423. As far as I know they're well into the 400s. Two hundred more to go til they get 2 me. Yay!! :tup: :(

The full, final medical or the drug test? According to this thread last number appointed was 304.

So let me share my heartbreaking story which I may kick my self for but I made peace with. I get the call yesterday to the start on monday. I would do the final processing today. Problem is I have to give notice at work, don't want to burn any bridges. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! There are people on medical holds and my list number is 312 and they needed to fill one more spot. So I declined but she did confirm that I will be in the October class. So it's happening people! We have to be super patient.....:cry:

question about the CPD-B document we had to fill out...the way i understood the guidelines for filling out the license section was that we didnt have to fill out the traffic conviction record for this job title since license isnt needed for conductor...but i just figured i would double check about that

So let me share my heartbreaking story which I may kick my self for but I made peace with. I get the call yesterday to the start on monday. I would do the final processing today. Problem is I have to give notice at work, don't want to burn any bridges. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! There are people on medical holds and my list number is 312 and they needed to fill one more spot. So I declined but she did confirm that I will be in the October class. So it's happening people! We have to be super patient.....:cry:

Wait a minute. You got a "call" to "start" on monday? I, and others as well, were told of our start date after we passed the physical and final processing.

How could that be?

question about the CPD-B document we had to fill out...the way i understood the guidelines for filling out the license section was that we didnt have to fill out the traffic conviction record for this job title since license isnt needed for conductor...but i just figured i would double check about that

A license to operate a motor vehicle is not necessary. I disclosed my traffic violations and suspended license. I got hired.

Wait a minute. You got a "call" to "start" on monday? I, and others as well, were told of our start date after we passed the physical and final processing.

How could that be?

I got called yesterday to come in for my physical today because they had one more spot for the Sept 26th training. There are several folks on medical hold that are wont be able to be placed on Monday's training. The only reason was because they needed to fill the spot. I would have gone do my medical and final processing and pending if I was fine I would have been giving the last spot for Monday's training....Some lucky person after me probably got the call after I decline. I have to wait for October 31st instead. If they need to fill a spot they will call you like that. I know someone in 3rd Rail that was called on the spot like that.

I got called yesterday to come in for my physical today because they had one more spot for the Sept 26th training. There are several folks on medical hold that are wont be able to be placed on Monday's training. The only reason was because they needed to fill the spot. I would have gone do my medical and final processing and pending if I was fine I would have been giving the last spot for Monday's training....Some lucky person after me probably got the call after I decline. I have to wait for October 31st instead. If they need to fill a spot they will call you like that. I know someone in 3rd Rail that was called on the spot like that.

Oh wow! You should have taken it! Seniority is everything on this job and that's determined by your pass number, not your list number. It sucks to have a medical hold because you're losing seniority. You had a chance to leapfrog over some people in seniority. I would have told my job something good so i can go to MTA.

Oh wow! You should have taken it! Seniority is everything on this job and that's determined by your pass number, not your list number. It sucks to have a medical hold because you're losing seniority. You had a chance to leapfrog over some people in seniority. I would have told my job something good so i can go to MTA.

Trust me my friend...I am really hurting. As long as I'm in, I'm okay...I been patient all this time....

Question to those already hired, done the training, doing training now. What exactly do you need to fill out in the Employees Benefit packet? Thanks.

Nothing...just bring it with you. You can read it if you like beforehand but just bring it with you and all will be explained.

To all those starting tomorrow...good luck, keep your heads up, follow the reporting instructions on the sheet, and be sure to get there early. All the best.

Nothing...just bring it with you. You can read it if you like beforehand but just bring it with you and all will be explained.

To all those starting tomorrow...good luck, keep your heads up, follow the reporting instructions on the sheet, and be sure to get there early. All the best.

Excellent. Thank you.

I went in for the drug test on Aug. 25th so I called HR to find out when to go redo it. I was told that the drug test is good for 90 days for Conductors exam. And I was also told that last hire was 314. She asked my list number which is 362 and she looked it up and told me that there are 27 people ahead of me and that there's 30 vacancies for the Oct. 31st class. So that I should be called for medical very soon. How there's only 27 people ahead of me from 314 to 362 God only knows but it's all good with me.:)

Archived