Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Okay, thanks, SubwayGuy, and yes, it's best to play it safe because one never knows who's going to be taking notes during the hiring process.

Wow they are changing things up i see with the way you "look" before you even get the Job..

Interesting....

Maybe it's an initial "test" to reduce the number of candidates by eliminating most people who don't follow directives to a tee, while retaining those who come close so that they can be terminated and made into examples down the line.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This may have already been asked, but I'm in a rush and haven't run a search:

Is this "business casual attire" jazz necessary for the initial trip to 180 Livingston? I'm trying avoid an unnecessary trip back home in Connecticut to pick up a pair of khakis just so that I can turn in a few pieces of paper and piss in a cup.

I kinda doubt its a requirement, at least for the first day. My grandad used to tell me that in his day if you wanted something (no matter where and why) you had to try and look formal and be polite, because otherwise you are automatically showing you are disrespectful and probably a true scumbucket undeserving of any service wether or not you are eligible for it. So even country folk would dress up anytime they needed to be in an office environment. Things have obvioysly changed on both sides of the coin but I'de at least put on some khakis and clean shoes.

I kinda doubt its a requirement, at least for the first day. My grandad used to tell me that in his day if you wanted something (no matter where and why) you had to try and look formal and be polite, because otherwise you are automatically showing you are disrespectful and probably a true scumbucket undeserving of any service wether or not you are eligible for it. So even country folk would dress up anytime they needed to be in an office environment. Things have obvioysly changed on both sides of the coin but I'de at least put on some khakis and clean shoes.

IINM the question from Rutgers Tube was because the notice made mention specifically of wearing "business casual" attire. In that case, best to do what the letter says. Khakis and a button down shirt and decent shoes IS business casual...

I was in the Mid 200's but from what I hear from other people that I met at 180 Livingston that they might be in the 300's by now and training is 9/12. When I took the D.Test I got a call back in 2 days but it can take up to 30days for them to contact you

Congrats! I will like ask you if you know how long the training gonna be?

Also can anyone explain to be what's a "Extra Extra"?

I was in the Mid 200's but from what I hear from other people that I met at 180 Livingston that they might be in the 300's by now and training is 9/12. When I took the D.Test I got a call back in 2 days but it can take up to 30days for them to contact you

Just to give an idea as to how far down the list they've reached, I'm in the mid-400s and I received the pre-employment letter.

Tricknologist,..When did you get your letter? I am in the mid-400s also, and did not get any pre-employment letter as yet.

Congrats! I will like ask you if you know how long the training gonna be?

Also can anyone explain to be what's a "Extra Extra"?

Training is just short of 2 months. A division (IRT - number line trains) is 7 weeks. B division (BMT/IND - letter line trains) is 8 weeks.

Don't worry everything else will be explained to you when you start.

2 Months or 7 Weeks? That means we have to quit our current job, before we start training. And if we failed the training, we'll be unemployed?

anyone know how many hours a day is the training? and usually what 's the starting and end time for the training?

Training is just short of 2 months. A division (IRT - number line trains) is 7 weeks. B division (BMT/IND - letter line trains) is 8 weeks.

Don't worry everything else will be explained to you when you start.

2 Months or 7 Weeks? That means we have to quit our current job, before we start training. And if we failed the training, we'll be unemployed?

anyone know how many hours a day is the training? and usually what 's the starting and end time for the training?

You will be informed on the times for training, as for your current Job either you quit it or you go on leave.

7 weeks is approximately 2 months.

As RTOman said, quit your old job or go on leave.

If you fail training, you will go back to your former title. If you're off the street/from outside/a new hire to NYCT - that means you'll lose your job and be unemployed. Don't worry just do the work and learn your job and you'll do fine.

Training is 8 hours a day...the hours will vary depending on your class and instructors...all of that will be explained to you when you start.

I recently moved in the the past few days and hadn't had a chance to change my address with DCAS. is there a way of checking to see if they mailed out a letter and if so to have them resend it? I havent been able to check the mail out in my old apartment.

I recently moved in the the past few days and hadn't had a chance to change my address with DCAS. is there a way of checking to see if they mailed out a letter and if so to have them resend it? I havent been able to check the mail out in my old apartment.

call them immediately and speak to a person..explain your situation and ask questions, they will tell you what if anything you need to do...

Archived