Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my sister-in-law got hired yesterday,she start class i think may 7 her score was around 9 hundred and some change, we took the test the same day.

How is it possible her list # is in 900s and gets hired before me when my list # is 623..I just got my Pre-employment letter last week, interview @ 180 Livingston this Friday? I'm sorry, clearly there's some misinformation here or something else is happening!

How is it possible her list # is in 900s and gets hired before me when my list # is 623..I just got my Pre-employment letter last week, interview @ 180 Livingston this Friday? I'm sorry, clearly there's some misinformation here or something else is happening!

I was with my sister in law and she just told me it was a mistake she was in the low 600, me her and my friend all took the exam in the same day. She scored the highest amongest us and had a list number of low 600, my friend list number is 900 and my list number is 2900 and some change, by the time they call me thats if they do i most likely not going to take because sonority is going to be decent and plus im getting ready to get off probation in may thank god. She did tell me all the ppl that had there interview did not get hired, they told them all the ppl we call can leave and all the ppl we did not call basically got the job. So good to everybody and make sure your paper work is good and also your medical stiuation and ect. When i got hired last year ppl was droping like flys due to lack of information on paper work and high blood pressure and ect. Good Luck to you guys and Good luck to you YDove on friday and sorry for the misinformation guys.

Tier 6 is really gonna keep people from switching between MTA subsidiaries. IMHO it's just not worth it to make the switch if you're already at top pay. And now having to pay more into your pension plan, for less benefits when you retire is insane. But if you're coming in new of the street from a crappy job, you won't care either way, you'll just be happy to making more money and having benefits.

Tier 6 is really gonna keep people from switching between MTA subsidiaries. IMHO it's just not worth it to make the switch if you're already at top pay. And now having to pay more into your pension plan, for less benefits when you retire is insane. But if you're coming in new of the street from a crappy job, you won't care either way, you'll just be happy to making more money and having benefits.

Thats one of my main reason why if they ever call me for the conductor position most likely im not going to take it because of the tier 6 and plus i would have been at top pay and dont have to do that one year probo again.

It also means they will get to at least 1324 IINM...

I give it till Christmas when I get called (only about 300 letters to go...)

Im so ready to be called ugh !! This is my second go around with this as I took the test in 2004 and literally JUST missed being called...i scored a 94 but my list # was 3000+. This time around my list # is 12**. I know how to play the waiting game..just tired of playing it lol

i know what you mean...i dont think i will ever be called since i scored a 91 and my list number is in the 6000+ range..my brother got his 2nd call last week and they told him to have a light lunch( have no clue)

That pretty much means he's going for medical and hopefully final processing..

I remember when I took the C/R exam back in 04, I scored a 90 and my list number was in the 6900's..As much as I was hoping to be called, I knew I wasnt getting called. So I can relate

Thats one of my main reason why if they ever call me for the conductor position most likely im not going to take it because of the tier 6 and plus i would have been at top pay and dont have to do that one year probo again.

Yeah but you're better off anyway. Top for a B/O in your depot is $29.95 correct? and top pay for a C/R is $27.81. That's a $2 diffidence which is a lot. That's $57,844 for C/R base pay no OT and $62,296 base pay for a B/O. So either way it wouldn't have made sense for you to switch, even with a tier 4 pension. Now unless your particular depot is not under TWU then you may still be getting the old B/O top pay rate which was like $26.XX .

Yeah but you're better off anyway. Top for a B/O in your depot is $29.95 correct? and top pay for a C/R is $27.81. That's a $2 diffidence which is a lot. That's $57,844 for C/R base pay no OT and $62,296 base pay for a B/O. So either way it wouldn't have made sense for you to switch, even with a tier 4 pension. Now unless your particular depot is not under TWU then you may still be getting the old B/O top pay rate which was like $26.XX .

Yea your right about that and yes in my depot top pay is $29.95 which i fall under TWU local 100. The depots in MTA BUS which falls under TWU local 100 is LGA,CP,BO,ECH and YO, the depots under ATU are JFK,FAR ROCK and SC. But im not going anywhere if they do call me at some point, i have 1 month left off my probo which felt like forever lol. But my sis in law starts class may 7 and her list around 5xx

hey guys I have a question. When the Certified # has reached you, are you susposed to be contacted?

No, that just means that an agency, the MTA in this case has your name for future pre-employment appointments. We really need a sitcky post with a civil service glossary of terminologies. Because no matter how many times people answers the questions about last appointed or last certified people still question what it means.

No, that just means that an agency, the MTA in this case has your name for future pre-employment appointments. We really need a sitcky post with a civil service glossary of terminologies. Because no matter how many times people answers the questions about last appointed or last certified people still question what it means.

k, thanks. I have a slightly more complcated question now. I know the list is going to be expired in feb. 16, 2015. my list number is around the 700's but I am currectly in a college program that I estimate I would be finished in June 2016. I would like to put my position in hold, as I was told i can do that, and get my number relisted when I am ready. In case college does not go well for me and let say I relist right before the date the list expired, would I still be called after the list expired? or do I have to plan ahead and relist sooner than the expired date so they can hired me before the expired date.

You will not be called after the list expires . Why in the world would you not take this job? Unless it's not really what you want . Going to school does not guarantee you will get a job after graduation . I would not risk putting the job on hold .

You will not be called after the list expires . Why in the world would you not take this job? Unless it's not really what you want . Going to school does not guarantee you will get a job after graduation . I would not risk putting the job on hold .

How does relisting work? when i do get relisted would I be avaibile to be called ahead of the people whose's list number are after the appointed number at the time i relist? or would I be positioned ahead of the certified number at that time? or neither?

I am currently in a medical program and would loved to have this position in case I end up dropping out becuase it's too hard.

I just went for my interview last Friday..done the drug test & handed in the first set of paperwork. I've been given the agonizing 21-page set of paperwork which is quite similar to what I handed in last week. Anyways my question is..when will I receive a callback to finish this interview process?

This has been renting space in my mind all day, hopefully somebody can either put my mind at ease or tell me the terrible truth. I was on the list for exam 8006 (bus operator) and I took the BOSS in '09 but I did not show up for the drug exam since I will not be able to obtain a commercial permit by the time that list expires (I got my class D only a year ago and just recently renewed and enhanced it), plus I'd rather get in with RTO than DOB. Now I am off that list - will this affect my status on list 8094 (list number in the 990s and I am on outstanding certification)? Will they look at my name and say "well this guy didn't even bother with 8006, why bother with him for 8094, let's skip him?"

I know the list is going to be expired in feb. 16, 2015. my list number is around the 700's but I am currectly in a college program that I estimate I would be finished in June 2016.

700's? High 700s or low 700s? If your number is low enough, you might get the letter to go down to Brooklyn within the next few months, let alone 2015-2016. There are people in the 600s getting pre-employment letters already...

k, thanks. I have a slightly more complcated question now. I know the list is going to be expired in feb. 16, 2015. my list number is around the 700's but I am currectly in a college program that I estimate I would be finished in June 2016. I would like to put my position in hold, as I was told i can do that, and get my number relisted when I am ready. In case college does not go well for me and let say I relist right before the date the list expired, would I still be called after the list expired? or do I have to plan ahead and relist sooner than the expired date so they can hired me before the expired date.

Honestly I wouldn't postpone the appointment all the way to the end. Because by then the hiring will be at a very slow rate, and you'd be losing thousands of seniority spots doing that as well. Someone who scored like a 79 will have seniority over you. And believe me seniority is everything with this job. I personally wouldn't postpone it longer than a year from when they first contact you, and that is also risking it too. Last time they hired up list number 3000 something. That doesn't mean this time around they'll get that high. You have a pretty good list number so, you have some real decisions to make. Because working and going to school ain't gonna work because TA isn't going to cater to your school schedule one bit. Personally I'd put school on hold, just until you can at least get a steady tour on the extra board. Then at least you could balance your school and work life. Because honestly these TA jobs are very competitive to get and you don't wan't to give your chance when it comes, especially for years later. Because doing so could jeopardize your chances on this list and have you waiting for the next exam, which I'm hearing is not going to be soon and then doing this entire waiting process again with the next exam to be called in. So that could end up being another 8 years at most.

This has been renting space in my mind all day, hopefully somebody can either put my mind at ease or tell me the terrible truth. I was on the list for exam 8006 (bus operator) and I took the BOSS in '09 but I did not show up for the drug exam since I will not be able to obtain a commercial permit by the time that list expires (I got my class D only a year ago and just recently renewed and enhanced it), plus I'd rather get in with RTO than DOB. Now I am off that list - will this affect my status on list 8094 (list number in the 990s and I am on outstanding certification)? Will they look at my name and say "well this guy didn't even bother with 8006, why bother with him for 8094, let's skip him?"

No, it shouldn't have any affect on you. Now unless something in your background came up negative, it could cause problems this time around. But they're used to this stuff people either change their mind about the job at the time or can't take it for whatever reasons. Just be honest with all your paper work and you'll be fine as long as your medicals check out.

Archived