Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Regarding parking for employees - don't worry about it now, just ask the questions when you're in schoolcar.

Every scenario is different. As others have mentioned you'll need a parking permit. However depending on which yard you may also need a decal for that yard (much harder to get).

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am wandering three things here

1- While they training you, when they assign you to the yard, do they walk between the two rails? or you are actually walking next to the third rail(1200v)

2- After training is done do you still need to go to yard or go straight to station terminal?

3- Do they ever ask you to walk along the elevated walkways like on the West End line?

I am wandering three things here

1- While they training you, when they assign you to the yard, do they walk between the two rails? or you are actually walking next to the third rail(1200v)

2- After training is done do you still need to go to yard or go straight to station terminal?

3- Do they ever ask you to walk along the elevated walkways like on the West End line?

1- It's only 600v, but you're not supposed to walk between two contact rails or btwn a contact rail and a running rail. You'll get used to walking the tracks in yards as you will do a lot of this in schoolcar. You'll also be qualified to walk the roadbed and the elevated structure.

2- Depends on your particular assignment for the day. As a C/R, you'll mostly be starting from the terminal, but you will still go to yards.

3- See (1)

Today I finally received my letter to report to 180 Livingston Street. All I can say is "HALLELU"!! LOL My list # is 623 for all who are still waiting patiently..just hang in there because I have.

Congrats!! I'm not too far behind you.. I'm in the low 680's

Does anyone know what the pay rate cap (maximum wage) is? And how often do you get an increase in wages (ie. every 6mos or yearly)? I heard from a friend that you can reach your wage cap within three years time..just wondering is there any truth to this?

I plan work for transit for only 10 yrs.

Will I be eligible for a pension then?

Anyone know the answer to this question?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but depending on your age and other factors you will not be able to collect after only working for 10 years. Like other unions there's a formula and need a certain amount of points to retire and collect.

Ok postal if you choose to retire after 10 years you will get a benefit payable at age 63. You can take it earlier but you will pay some stiff penalties that will reduce your pension significantly and for life . The plan is 25/55 but members will pay 4.5% under tier 6. As opposed to

2% for tier 4 . Under the new plan the multiplier is 1.75. For example fas salary of 60k would look like this

60k x 1.75% x10 years of service = 10,500 a year payable at age 63.

Ok postal if you choose to retire after 10 years you will get a benefit payable at age 63. You can take it earlier but you will pay some stiff penalties that will reduce your pension significantly and for life . The plan is 25/55 but members will pay 4.5% under tier 6. As opposed to

2% for tier 4 . Under the new plan the multiplier is 1.75. For example fas salary of 60k would look like this

60k x 1.75% x10 years of service = 10,500 a year payable at age 63.

This type sucks because more will be taken from paychecks than before for those employed after April 1st. Do they plan on increasing wages to make up the difference? What else does the new Tier 6 Contract entails? Has health benefits increased as well?

The cost of living increases substantially while wages doesn't increase by much. Smh I guess I'll be surviving off of Top Ramen meals for life!

Hopefully they go on a hiring spree in the next few months, lol. When I last called DCAS (sometime last week) the number for last certified is now higher than my list number. Does that mean I missed something or that maybe soon I'd be getting a letter? *hoping for letter* :wacko:

It means that transit has your # and you will be called in when they get up to your number . Based on the hiring needs of the authority .

It also means they will get to at least 1324 IINM...

I give it till Christmas when I get called (only about 300 letters to go...)

Archived